Coventry uk
She is home and prefect 6a charger with uk plug adapter

F6E458E3-D7B1-431F-9448-D7BCFA7633B2.jpeg

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
She is home and prefect 6a charger with uk plug adapter

View attachment 35712
Rub it in why don’t you ?. I’m glad it’s a right one.

I think Little Britain base their “the computer says no” sketch on Decathlons order process. Everyone tells me I have to apply for a refund, wait up to 12 days for the refund to hit my account and then start the order lottery all over again. Are they that good that it’s worth the aggravation? Can’t wait for Robs review.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Future Sizing help for the uninitiated. I hope these photos help with choice and buying the bike blind as we all do basically. I am 5'10" tall with 32"inside leg and 27" outside of shoulder to palm, where it meets the grip (see photos).
I have included a seatpost photo to show how this all adds up. The dropper post is fully extended in both photos. When fully dropped, it gives a good clearence for you arse too. I know that we are all different body/torso sizes etc, but this may make sense of riding/seated position for someone else my size and at least get you/other sizes, in the ball park with a bit of thought and trial.
Hope this helps others thinking about the Stilus. It's an amazing bike. I can't stop smiling when I ride it (and I'm o ly on 1.0.2.0 firmware at moment-roll on getting the booking of the update next week hopefully ?).

IMG_20200712_150110.jpg

IMG_20200712_145853~3.jpg

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Rub it in why don’t you ?. I’m glad it’s a right one.

I think Little Britain base their “the computer says no” sketch on Decathlons order process. Everyone tells me I have to apply for a refund, wait up to 12 days for the refund to hit my account and then start the order lottery all over again. Are they that good that it’s worth the aggravation? Can’t wait for Robs review.
For me, yup, and a while lot more. Hang in there, I was two months from start to finish but the extra grand I'd have to pay for something else this good kept me going ??.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Future Sizing help for the uninitiated. I hope these photos help with choice and buying the bike blind as we all do basically. I am 5'10" tall with 32"inside leg and 27" outside of shoulder to palm, where it meets the grip (see photos).
I have included a seatpost photo to show how this all adds up. The dropper post is fully extended in both photos. When fully dropped, it gives a good clearence for you arse too. I know that we are all different body/torso sizes etc, but this may make sense of riding/seated position for someone else my size and at least get you/other sizes, in the ball park with a bit of thought and trial.
Hope this helps others thinking about the Stilus. It's an amazing bike. I can't stop smiling when I ride it (and I'm o ly on 1.0.2.0 firmware at moment-roll on getting the booking of the update next week hopefully ?).

View attachment 35732

View attachment 35733
What size is this ?

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Does anybody know if the Hope cranks fit these bikes ?
Only ever owned specialized E-bikes and thinking strongly about getting this for my missis . She’s 5’8 but she’s has long 33/34inseam .. thinking large for her and if it comes up to short then will get her a longer stem .
She’s worried about pedal strikes on this thus the reason to get shorter cranks but the predicament she’s in is that’s she’s got long legs and to short a cranks will cause more discomfort for her on long rides .

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
What size is this ?
Sorry, big omission ?. It's an XL.
I was sidelined as I bled the brakes and set the sag. Brakes not much improved as in feel (bit progressive for me) but stops it on a sixpence so just have to get used to them and the difference from Shimano.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Does anybody know if the Hope cranks fit these bikes ?
Only ever owned specialized E-bikes and thinking strongly about getting this for my missis . She’s 5’8 but she’s has long 33/34inseam .. thinking large for her and if it comes up to short then will get her a longer stem .
She’s worried about pedal strikes on this thus the reason to get shorter cranks but the predicament she’s in is that’s she’s got long legs and to short a cranks will cause more discomfort for her on long rides .
Large sounds good with leg length as the cockpit is small anyway.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Well that’s the bike going back bike didn’t feel right seat post was on max went for a ride still not right got back measured it they have sent me a large not a xl ???? apart from that a bloody get bike
That's a right bitch ?. But, like you said, great bike ?.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Well that’s the bike going back bike didn’t feel right seat post was on max went for a ride still not right got back measured it they have sent me a large not a xl ???? apart from that a bloody get bike
Don’t you dare get in the queue in front of me! ?.
I’m pursuing a line that if I have any luck with I might clue you in ?.
In either case we need to follow each other’s posts.
Is there a small chance that someone on this forum/thread might want to swap an XL for a L?

Johnny rider

Jun 28, 2020
Coventry uk
Don’t you dare get in the queue in front of me! ?.
I’m pursuing a line that if I have any luck with I might clue you in ?.
In either case we need to follow each other’s posts.
Is there a small chance that someone on this forum/thread might want to swap an XL for a L?
That would be nice lol but going back tomorrow and be having a few words

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow

Oh boy, between the issues to even place an order, the cancellations, the dents, the brakes not bled, and now the wrong sizes being sent, I'm actually quite stressed to find out what I'll end up with.

Anyone received an electric scooter instead of an ebike, or a unicycle? I mean, I'd rather be warned...

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
Well after a couple of decent shakedown rides I commuted the 14 miles to work on it this morning and while I was about 10 minutes short of my PB on the road bike I got here with energy to spare and wasnt as hot and sweaty as I would be otherwise. Mostly tarmac and gravel this morning and no bars used on the battery. I do live in Cambridgeshire though so we dont have hills so much as inclines.

I'll be taking the scenic route home so will be slightly longer so I'd expect to see some change on the charge meter :)

The saddle and grips are noticeably uncomfortable now and i'm noticing a few odd noises but put that down to the motor at the moment. Roll on the ride home.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Well after a couple of decent shakedown rides I commuted the 14 miles to work on it this morning and while I was about 10 minutes short of my PB on the road bike I got here with energy to spare and wasnt as hot and sweaty as I would be otherwise. Mostly tarmac and gravel this morning and no bars used on the battery. I do live in Cambridgeshire though so we dont have hills so much as inclines.

I'll be taking the scenic route home so will be slightly longer so I'd expect to see some change on the charge meter :)

The saddle and grips are noticeably uncomfortable now and i'm noticing a few odd noises but put that down to the motor at the moment. Roll on the ride home.
I have only done a few miles due to physio rehab instructions but have also had the odd noise from motor/crank area now and again. I am guessing settling in and will torque everything again after a few more miles/rides. Also, I am a bit oversensitive to these noises from reading past threads on clunking etc.
Did bled the brakes as mentioned in previous post and forgot to say that the bleed nipple/grubs crew was finger loose on both calipers (and I mean only finger tight). Also noted the on bike charging plug point at the bottom of the frame came out with the charger plug when removing. Found if if I angled the plug downward slightly on removal, then pulled, it stayed all in place within the bike frame as it should. Not an issue but a little annoying as there is no securing mechanism for the socket/frame interface (there is a thin orange rubber seal in place though). Thinking of putting a thin bead of sealant around the edge as this would also stop moisture ingress for those Winter rides and should not trap moisture as they have fitted a seal anyway.
Carry on commuting and not sweating ??.

slimsimmons1984

Jun 18, 2020
Bridgend
I've been onto customer service all weekend, cancelled my order saying bike was out of stock, took the full amount and now want me to wait 7-10 days for refund! absolute shambles

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
OK, been going over bike even more and have spotted a possible future pain. Not serious but have put a fix together to prevent. It concerns the entry points of the cables as the go into the headstock. There are plastic protectors screwed into the frame, trouble is, the cables rub against the screw edge.
I put a sleeve over the cables and into the holes (photos attached). The rubbing parts could be any cable depending on how they pushed them in.
I used some old car brake bleed tubing I has laying around and it seems to have done the job. Just need to secure them now-could use a number of things tbh.
It may seem a small issue but mine would have chewed the rear hydraulic brake cable-not good!
Check yours out, the photos should give enough idea of what I did, used and the measurements when gauged against my fingers.

IMG_20200713_111638.jpg

IMG_20200713_111836.jpg

IMG_20200713_111604.jpg

IMG_20200713_111836.jpg

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Feel for all you guys having problems, shit ordering service, parts missing, wrong size sent, damaged items, parts loose on bikes... Doesn't look good for decathlon....... Think it all boils down to the guy assembling the bike. Some are good some bad get a good one and the bikes are great and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside but get a bad'en and it just sours the whole experience especially if your new to ebikes and see it as a lot of money to start off with.
Being a victim of the own success has not helped decathlons reputation on the quality front.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles