Decathlon Stilus upgrades

Kiwimike

May 10, 2021
Scotland!
The SX clutch on my brand new V2 was non-existent - so opted for a Deore M6100. £15 cheaper, with a real, repairable clutch you can turn off. Will miss the cagelock, but hey.

Happy to report the shifting is even better. The pull ratio must be identical. Can't wait to get out there on it. Meanwhile, anyone want to buy a brand new SX noodle? :)

(ps I'm in the trade. Literally purchased the last one, Madison say June 2022 for M6100's back in stock, so I expect LBS/Wiggle will run out real soon. If you want this upgrade, better hurry)

IMG_9802.JPG
IMG_9804.JPG

IMG_9805.JPG

Kiwimike

May 10, 2021
Scotland!
Any LBS with the Bosch dealer software will do it. Why we're in 2021 & don't have over the air updating is a mystery to me but here we are.
The new Bosch Flow app will enable OTA updates for the new Smart System hardware due out next year. It won't be backwards-compatible with current hardware.

Kiwimike

May 10, 2021
Scotland!
Finally the V2 is ready to go;

Deore 12s mech - matches the SRAM ebike shifter and has a clutch that works!
Mudhugger large
RRP Proguard Max
Lyrik Select+ 29” - Le Grande Mullet
Miranda 155mm cranks
Deathgrips
Kiox display on Cube Acid mount
Madison Flux saddle
Minion DH’s
Cut-down Fahrer neoprene bty cover to protect lock and latch (and the rest of it for below-zero insulation)
Lizardskins shock cover

…and most important, the £5 Hope top headset bearing cover :)

F0BFDA8A-DAC2-4A62-B2BF-994DB82B79F9.jpeg
E14930D7-03E8-4782-A400-52DE319640A5.jpeg
A3B7D01A-0633-48D7-B104-1D2618833C3B.jpeg
A6FFF48A-F291-4F82-986C-1496296F9E42.jpeg

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Just picked up a new 625w battery, so the 500w is now for sale.
Nearly 1600 mile on the clock. Kept indoors after every ride.
Bought Stilus mid July 2020 (if you look back at the early posts for the Stilus, you will see I am genuine and have not disc cut the thing out or someone's pride and joy) to use for cardiac arrest Rehab (really!).
I love the thing and have recovered enough to need a bigger battery.

So, £300 and will look into postage costs if needed (buyer pays), would prefer buyer to collect from South East Wales (Blackwood area).

Posted here first as I knkw you guys are like minded bikers.

IMG_20211111_164623.jpg

IMG_20211111_163327.jpg

IMG_20211111_164543.jpg

IMG_20211111_164608.jpg

IMG_20211111_164525.jpg

IMG_20211111_164611.jpg

Kiwimike

May 10, 2021
Scotland!
Just popped back in to say that the Shimano Deore 12s mech works flawlessly with the SRAM eMTB shifter. Best upgrade yet.

Also, I've just done the Bosch MY22 technical training. Colour me dangerous :cool:

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
Just popped back in to say that the Shimano Deore 12s mech works flawlessly with the SRAM eMTB shifter. Best upgrade yet.

Also, I've just done the Bosch MY22 technical training. Colour me dangerous :cool:
How’s everyone getting on with there bikes, anyone fitted the kiox display? Would you need any form of software update or can you just plug and play, considering asking for it as a Xmas present 😉🤔

samohtr

Jul 24, 2020
St Albans
I was trying to get a Nyon but gave up after 6 months and got a kiox. LBS fitted mine and updated motor with tour+ at the same time. My understanding is that you can just fit it and away you go.

jrochate

Dec 19, 2021
Portugal
I already got a Kiox but got stuck on the first step: how do you remove the bottom motor protection?
There are 2 hex screws that I have only about 2cm between the screw and the rear triangle.

Do we need a ultra thin Allen ratchet wrench? How did you manager to remover the cover?

TIA

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
I already got a Kiox but got stuck on the first step: how do you remove the bottom motor protection?
There are 2 hex screws that I have only about 2cm between the screw and the rear triangle.

Do we need a ultra thin Allen ratchet wrench? How did you manager to remover the cover?

TIA
I’ve not fitted the kiox but when I removed those screws I removed the rear shock to pull up the triangle giving access

samohtr

Jul 24, 2020
St Albans

TIA
If you have a shock pump then let the air out then push down on the seat to get a normal allen key in. I managed it on my own but another person would make it easier.

jrochate

Dec 19, 2021
Portugal
If you have a shock pump then let the air out then push down on the seat to get a normal allen key in. I managed it on my own but another person would make it easier.
I still have the original shock (ROCKSHOX Deluxe Select DebonAir), so yeah maybe that method is faster and more secure than releasing suspension from the frame.

Nevertheless, I haven't done both methods, so I have to choose between emptying air or disassemble suspension. :)

MickS

Sep 10, 2020
Poland
I still have the original shock (ROCKSHOX Deluxe Select DebonAir), so yeah maybe that method is faster and more secure than releasing suspension from the frame.

Nevertheless, I haven't done both methods, so I have to choose between emptying air or disassemble suspension. :)

No need to dismount the shock. Just let the air out, squish the suspension, and then use some strap to block it in this (squished) position. Binding the seat stays arc with the seat tube worked for me.

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire
Think I have finished my stilus upgrade list now, with the exception of a 625 wh battery ( still doing ok on 500 for now)
1.Wheels
Front HOPE FORTUS 30 29
Rear HOPE FORTUS 35 27.5
2.Tyres Eddy currents 2.6 tubeless Foam tyre inserts front and back . 3 rd set
3.Bars Renthal fat bar 800 alloy.
4.Brakes Hope e4
5.Stem Hope 50mm
6.Pedals Hope
7.Cranks Hope E bike 165 mm
8.Seat Post Brand x 150 mm ( really good post for the money prefer it to my reverbs)
9.Forks Rockshox lyrics ultimate 29 170 51 off set.
10.Shock Fox Evol performance Elite.
11.Seat selle Italia Gel got it free from LBS
12.Shimano SLX mech and Changer.
13.Brand x rear axle
14.Brand x chain device
15.E thirteen chain ring( they do not last very long but cheap and available)
Done about 3500 miles on it now, replaced motor at 2700 miles on warranty , also got £400 refund back from Decathlon for original forks that defaced on stanchion very early on, they were garbage forks TBH.
I still find this bike to handles anything I throw at it, clangs a bit on landing big jumps and drops offs, that could be the mudguards though, current head angle is about 62% so very slack but still climbs well. in the mullet set up front is very easy to lift when manualling large holes or puddles.
Mudguards look terrible I know but need them currently.

1647359513788.png

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
Think I have finished my stilus upgrade list now, with the exception of a 625 wh battery ( still doing ok on 500 for now)
1.Wheels
Front HOPE FORTUS 30 29
Rear HOPE FORTUS 35 27.5
2.Tyres Eddy currents 2.6 tubeless Foam tyre inserts front and back . 3 rd set
3.Bars Renthal fat bar 800 alloy.
4.Brakes Hope e4
5.Stem Hope 50mm
6.Pedals Hope
7.Cranks Hope E bike 165 mm
8.Seat Post Brand x 150 mm ( really good post for the money prefer it to my reverbs)
9.Forks Rockshox lyrics ultimate 29 170 51 off set.
10.Shock Fox Evol performance Elite.
11.Seat selle Italia Gel got it free from LBS
12.Shimano SLX mech and Changer.
13.Brand x rear axle
14.Brand x chain device
15.E thirteen chain ring( they do not last very long but cheap and available)
Done about 3500 miles on it now, replaced motor at 2700 miles on warranty , also got £400 refund back from Decathlon for original forks that defaced on stanchion very early on, they were garbage forks TBH.
I still find this bike to handles anything I throw at it, clangs a bit on landing big jumps and drops offs, that could be the mudguards though, current head angle is about 62% so very slack but still climbs well. in the mullet set up front is very easy to lift when manualling large holes or puddles.
Mudguards look terrible I know but need them currently.

View attachment 83984
That’s a great upgrade list, did the motor break to require warranty? I guess it did

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Switched to a Focus Jam2 last year & been pondering a missing element in feel between the two bikes & it dawned on me the Stilus is slacker out the box & that for me is a real plus point in its favour. The Jam runs 66 degrees from the factory, mine has an angleset & is now 64 but I'd say the Stilus is a better thing downhill especially when you take into account the long wheelbase too. It's a good bike.

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire
Switched to a Focus Jam2 last year & been pondering a missing element in feel between the two bikes & it dawned on me the Stilus is slacker out the box & that for me is a real plus point in its favour. The Jam runs 66 degrees from the factory, mine has an angleset & is now 64 but I'd say the Stilus is a better thing downhill especially when you take into account the long wheelbase too. It's a good bike.
Stilus is really
That’s a great upgrade list, did the motor break to require warranty? I guess it did
Yes terminal fault error on motor , LBS cycle adducts Rochdale sorted a warranty claim with Bosch only took a week and bike back on road..

Motounion

Jan 17, 2021
Shepperton
somewhat late on this topic but hey ho heres my Stilus its a 2021 model. V2
Upgrades, Pedals ( dont know which ), Bars ( renthal fat bars ), Grips ( race face ) Seat (decathlon comfort series )
OEM Logos next and only other upgrade would be Michellin E-wilds..!

20220327_111439.jpg

Motounion

Jan 17, 2021
Shepperton
Glad you like them, design lifted from the official Lombardo ebike model Lombardo Sempione.
silly really I was somewhat put out by one of pals suggesting smugly from his elderley cube ebike that my bike was unbranded..!
;)

stonedwolf

Mar 13, 2022
Glasgow
Nice..I quite like the sram one fitted as standard. my main issue is with stock pedals, bars and tyres..!

The stock tyres just don't work, at least for me. They skid, wheel-spin and slide. The pedals I can see are cheap plastic but so far they haven't broken, despite many pedal strikes. When they break I won't mind getting new ones.

But what's the issue with the bars? What should I look for in the future as an upgrade?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles