2020 Decathlon Stilus maintenance and repair

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
It maybe bad luck but after initially loving the Stilus I’m plagued with another problem, I decided to buy a new rear shock and fitted the bottom eyelet fixing first moved to the top trunnion bolts and the shock is over to one side and to get it to fit you have to pull the shock over hard to get it in the linkage and bolts in, I’m an engineer and even I know this is bad on the shock and the mounting.
I need to do more checking but looks like the bottom mounting points are not perpendicular to the trunnion mounts so that’s very worrying.
?

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
Hello, just got mine last week, been riding in sandy terrain (beach).
Anyone knows what specific cleaning/washing/lubricate should do after rides?
muck off cleaner, leave for 5mins then gently hose down but not a pressure washer, once dry either dry or wet lube on the chain and dry the rest of the bike with good cloths that’s I d.

Zecalama

Sep 14, 2020
Aveiro, Portugal
Hello, my bike is just around 60 miles, and after a total charge, when pedaling the motor starts to work "on-off" each second or so (like hiccups).
Does it happened to someone more? Any tips to fix this?

Rossy75

Sep 13, 2020
Martinross271175
Morning, just looking for some advice, information. I got a med Stilus delivered last week and I’m looking at fitting a child trailer to the rear axel. From this thread it appears the one I need is 12x 148 180mm 1.5mm thread For the rear, not sure for the front. How do I remove the axel? I tried this morning and the quick release screws out but then what do I do? Hopefully it’s something stupid I’m missing but what else do I need to do/ knock out to get the wheel/s off. Thanks for any information advice given. Rossy

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Morning, just looking for some advice, information. I got a med Stilus delivered last week and I’m looking at fitting a child trailer to the rear axel. From this thread it appears the one I need is 12x 148 180mm 1.5mm thread For the rear, not sure for the front. How do I remove the axel? I tried this morning and the quick release screws out but then what do I do? Hopefully it’s something stupid I’m missing but what else do I need to do/ knock out to get the wheel/s off. Thanks for any information advice given. Rossy
Just open the lever fully and unwind it counterclockwise to unscrew the axle. It is only partly like the old QR releases in that it locks by pushing the lever towards the frame.
The front is different. Open the lever fully and make sure it sits in the groove ovf the axle (fully opposite to its locked position. Unscrew counterclockwise and remove.
Remember, the rear is screw and then use quick release and the front is just unscrew (using the lever as a lever/spanner).
Hope this helps and is what you asked.
Tim

Rossy75

Sep 13, 2020
Martinross271175
Just open the lever fully and unwind it counterclockwise to unscrew the axle. It is only partly like the old QR releases in that it locks by pushing the lever towards the frame.
The front is different. Open the lever fully and make sure it sits in the groove ovf the axle (fully opposite to its locked position. Unscrew counterclockwise and remove.
Remember, the rear is screw and then use quick release and the front is just unscrew (using the lever as a lever/spanner).
Hope this helps and is what you asked.
Tim
Perfect, that’s them both off. Thought it strange that I could screw out the quick release lever but nothing happened. Now to get replacement. Thanks for the info :)(y)

Rossy75

Sep 13, 2020
Martinross271175
78F77874-AA7D-4A3F-ACB2-0AB0A632D0A3.jpeg

New axel fitted, trailer bracket works a treat. Young lad loved every minute ?

Rossy75

Sep 13, 2020
Martinross271175
hi do u have any links for the trailer and axle ?

i never got round to this but could be good for us

I got the 178mm but really the 182mm would have been perfect. Really depends on your trailer bracket type.

Rossy75

Sep 13, 2020
Martinross271175
What make/model trailer is that? How are you finding it?

I want to get a trailer on my stilus to take mine little one out in once he is born next month!
Drsooty, afternoon its a procraft 2 person buggy thats for bikes and it can be converted for jogging. Very stable, good high speed maneuverability and I have found it good Offload. It has the uprated buckles for better security

Screenshot_20210206-165117_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210206-165103_Chrome.jpg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Anyone know whether a Lombardo mech hanger can be had for the Stilus? Decathlon are out of stock & I figure I should buy a spare.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Anyone know whether a Lombardo mech hanger can be had for the Stilus? Decathlon are out of stock & I figure I should buy a spare.
Messaged them about links with Stilus frame/parts and possibly sending a parts list and order form for povots/bearing as well as hanger but only got a brief answer saying there were differences to the frames and left it at that ?.
Try the Sram Universal Hanger.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I've just replaced the brake pads on the Stilus and spotted an annoying design flaw. It is impossible to withdraw the securing bolt that goes through the rear calliper and the brake pads with the calliper in place. The bolt is a tad too long and so its necessary to loosen the calliper to get it out. The F factor is low but nonetheless its there. Hope you have as much fun as I did!!!!

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
I've just replaced the brake pads on the Stilus and spotted an annoying design flaw. It is impossible to withdraw the securing bolt that goes through the rear calliper and the brake pads with the calliper in place. The bolt is a tad too long and so its necessary to loosen the calliper to get it out. The F factor is low but nonetheless its there. Hope you have as much fun as I did!!!!
Yup, been there, questioned that.
Just about to do it again as changing to Uberbike pads-16 quid for 2 pairs Inc postage, and they work.
AT least the caliper bolts won't size anytime soon ?

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
I'm going to give Gorilla Sintered pads a go, £16:67 delivered.
That was my other choice the first time and I just tossed a coin and tried the Ubers which have surprised me. Let me know how the gorilla ones fare.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles