Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Willdavies

Feb 20, 2022
Shrewsbury
Not sure if anyone is still looking but worth checking Decathlons second life store

I managed to pick this up recently and it had only done 20 miles and had slight marks on the handlebars (probably from transit)
FCFE59AA-FD44-4A64-A041-A6A1265D7559.png

Ken

May 30, 2020
Northumberland
Thanks Ken, I’m so chuffed with it 😊
The pic shown is the Stilus Ser1 the same as mine bought online nearly 2 years ago for £2779 during difficult covid times. Decathlon released stock at midnight each night and it was gone in minutes. It has now covered almost 3,500 trouble free miles, if you look on this site I have posted pics of various mods. Best buy I ever made!

Nevs

May 12, 2022
EU
This is the new Stilus V3 29er. Price €3999.
What do you all think of this price/value ratio for new Stilus? I am interesting to buy one, once they will be available. I really like the design. But interesting if its still the best budget emtb on the market.

D92C75CC-102B-4DD8-8A1A-E4AB6D09C73F.jpeg

B92A4C8C-2E38-493B-85A5-51CF0A204E95.jpeg

C1038D77-0631-4940-A3B2-FA0BC317AD07.jpeg

3C219266-6386-4004-977F-541F750C33E6.jpeg

Jammybastard

Apr 12, 2021
Devon
This is the new Stilus V3 29er. Price €3999.
What do you all think of this price/value ratio for new Stilus? I am interesting to buy one, once they will be available. I really like the design. But interesting if its still the best budget emtb on the market.

View attachment 87939

View attachment 87940

View attachment 87941

View attachment 87942
€399.00 more for a change of paint colour and wheel size sorry but no I’d go else where and thinking of sending my v2 back as they sent me the wrong size and the part’s on it are breaking and it only 6 months old 😱👎🏻🚵‍♂️

Nevs

May 12, 2022
EU
€399.00 more for a change of paint colour and wheel size sorry but no I’d go else where and thinking of sending my v2 back as they sent me the wrong size and the part’s on it are breaking and it only 6 months old 😱👎🏻🚵‍♂️
What parts are braking? What mileage? I think its normal to replace some parts in the long way. For me most important the frame strength, motor and fork. Other parts can be replaced without big investment. I am also interesting in Husqvarna Mountain Cross 5, but i saw a few posts with cracked frame. I am kost worried about frame cracks.

Yes the price could be lower for Stilus V3, but cannot find anything better for €4000 right now.

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire
What parts are braking? What mileage? I think its normal to replace some parts in the long way. For me most important the frame strength, motor and fork. Other parts can be replaced without big investment. I am also interesting in Husqvarna Mountain Cross 5, but i saw a few posts with cracked frame. I am kost worried about frame cracks.

Yes the price could be lower for Stilus V3, but cannot find anything better for €4000 right now.
The Frame and bearings on rear end of my Stilus V1 have been really strong, i have only replaced the lower swing arm bearing at 3800 miles. I know people who's rear bearing have needed replacing at less that a 1000 miles on big brand E bikes.

Jammybastard

Apr 12, 2021
Devon

Through hub axles are crap peddles I have had to replace bars and stem and I only tail ride 👎🏻😱

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire
Bosch Motor update

had original motor replaced at 2800 miles on warranty terminal error code, now replacement motor has terminal fault after a 1000 miles, LBS is talking with Bosch now warranty runs out in july 2022.

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire
Through hub axles are crap peddles I have had to replace bars and stem and I only tail ride 👎🏻😱
TBH you are right about the axles changed mine very early on, pedals that come with bikes are are always cheapo and need replacing, bars and stem were ok . (i did change but that was personal choice not due to failure of parts)

stonedwolf

Mar 13, 2022
Glasgow
The v2 pedals and seat are horrible, rest is fine for what it is.

The tyres, SMART SAM, they're actually pretty okay for the road, gravel, fire track, light Blue trails; not great in softer mud though.

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire
Bosch Motor update

had original motor replaced at 2800 miles on warranty terminal error code, now replacement motor has terminal fault after a 1000 miles, LBS is talking with Bosch now warranty runs out in july 2022.
Still waiting for response regarding motor replacement from Bosch , thety are sending out a report to be completed by LBS, due to the fact there are no reading available from motor. 2 weeks with out bike now !!

MichalZ

Jun 29, 2020
Bedford
Hi Everyone.

Does anyone know how Stilus V1 XL compares to V2 XL model? I know the V2 is bigger, but what is an actual cm difference in reach? Size charts don't show reach.

I'm trying to see, if it's worth purchasing V2 XL frame and fit it on my V1.

stonedwolf

Mar 13, 2022
Glasgow
Hi Everyone.

Does anyone know how Stilus V1 XL compares to V2 XL model? I know the V2 is bigger, but what is an actual cm difference in reach? Size charts don't show reach.

I'm trying to see, if it's worth purchasing V2 XL frame and fit it on my V1.

You might be able to buy my entire V2 XL at a good price so I can reduce to a Large?

Is there a reason you want to hybrid the two? Isn't V1 29" wheels whilst V2 is 27.5"?

Why wouldn't you keep the V2 and sell the V1?

Thing is my V2 XL is a fantastic ride for me, beautiful position, but I can only put about 2 inches of extra height via the dropper. That's all the play I have. I don't know if I have the right model for me, if a smaller bike but the seat stem up more is better. I mean, I don't know if basically I'm misleading myself about what I really need. Perhaps a smaller-frame clockwork bike for one type of riding, my big beautiful monster truck or being a high-speed passenger on!

MichalZ

Jun 29, 2020
Bedford
You might be able to buy my entire V2 XL at a good price so I can reduce to a Large?

Is there a reason you want to hybrid the two? Isn't V1 29" wheels whilst V2 is 27.5"?

Why wouldn't you keep the V2 and sell the V1?

Thing is my V2 XL is a fantastic ride for me, beautiful position, but I can only put about 2 inches of extra height via the dropper. That's all the play I have. I don't know if I have the right model for me, if a smaller bike but the seat stem up more is better. I mean, I don't know if basically I'm misleading myself about what I really need. Perhaps a smaller-frame clockwork bike for one type of riding, my big beautiful monster truck or being a high-speed passenger on!

I was looking to buy the V2 frame itself from Decathlon, but they don't sell it - I was advised that yesterday. My V1 is heavily modified all around with 29" wheels, changing the frame was the most cost effective for me. I think I'll get V3 and swap things around, making my V1 vanilla ready for eBay.

MichalZ

Jun 29, 2020
Bedford
The Decathlon Stilus v3 has arrived, the paint job 😆😒 😂

Nice, if this is an XL what is the wheelbase, could you please measure it? The whole size chart is missing from the website, I hope the V3 is based off the V2 frame and XL is actually properly XL, not like with V1.

Last edited:

Mcewen123

May 24, 2022
Sweden
Nice, if this is an XL what is the wheelbase, could you please measure it? The whole size chart is missing from the website, I hope the V3 is based off the V2 frame and XL is actually properly XL, not like with V1.
On my L, it is 1259 mm

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles