2020 Decathlon Stilus maintenance and repair

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Update on the Gorilla sintered pads. By eck theres plenty of pad material. They are a proper tight fit and initial bedding in shows me they are proper stoppers to. I have yet to try them in the wet.

Addendum: Yep good in the wet to.

Last edited:

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
I’m about to have issues with this. Can anybody give me pointers to a replacement battery cover ? Wonder if decathlon would cover this under warranty? Ta

4CC36584-C8A9-47E7-A3E9-D28E9A96C989.jpeg

KevORourke

Dec 2, 2020
Oldham
Those looking for spares, decathlon have managed to order me a replacement battery cover from Lombardo. It’s took forever due to covid and my local store being closed until today, but it is now there awaiting collection ??

Kiwimike

May 10, 2021
Scotland!
Hey all, couldn't find an answer elsewhere - is the Stilus able to be altered to fit the 625 powertube? if so how hard is it? Thanks!

Kiwimike

May 10, 2021
Scotland!
Out for a ride alongside my wife yesterday, her Yamaha-powered Giant is definitely a few kph faster than my Stilus - and my Garmin confirms this, averaging 22-3kph when the bike is cutting out at 25. Reading around apparently this is not a consumer-adjustable setting - so has anyone had any luck getting this changed at a Bosch dealer? and did Decathalon pay for it? I've paid for a bike that has assist up to 25kph, and they have short-changed me.

Kiwimike

May 10, 2021
Scotland!
Looking to upgrade the pivot bearings with SKF MTRX bearings - anyone got the spec and number of all the bearings?

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
No one here will know & I doubt you'll find a technical drawing or parts list anywhere, so you'd have to knock them out of the frame & read the specs stamped on them. I'm curious about the logic of changing them. Of all the short comings you can reasonably accuse the Stilus of, I've never heard anyone complain of a pivot bearing failure. Pivot bearings only ever move a few degrees & any wear is going to come from dirt ingress & even then likely restricted to the lowest to the ground pairs.

It's your money but personally, I'd go with if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Zecalama

Sep 14, 2020
Aveiro, Portugal
Hello, my bike (with around 1 year) had some issues, so I send it to Decathlon service.
Now they say it needs a new cassette/chain, due to wear, wich is strange because it only has a few hudred quilometers.
Also the Bosch visor, catched some humidity, and don`t work (can see just a small part of info), and they say the warranty doesn`t cover it, wich I think is also strange (probably they think I put in water on it).
Last issue, the steering box got a lot of slack, loose, and they say it needs to be replaced, but that the warranty covers.
Has anyone had similar issues on it?

Kiwimike

May 10, 2021
Scotland!
Here's the tech drawings and spec list for the Stilus frame bolts and bearings - Looks like there's:

2 x 6902 28x15x7 (main rocker and lower pivots)
2 x 6901 24x12x6 (top of the seatstay)
4 x 6800 19x10x5 (four at the end of the chainstay)

Also on here are the torque settings:

180kgf (17Nm) - every pivot apart from the shock bolts
120kgf (12Nm) - shock bolts

I fould both my main pivot bolts were loose - like, finger-tight loose!

STILUS AM_BOLT SIZES.JPG

Attachments

• _STILUS AM_ S8025-7exp-Model (4).pdf
    616.3 KB · Views: 389

Zecalama

Sep 14, 2020
Aveiro, Portugal
Hello, my bike (with around 1 year) had some issues, so I send it to Decathlon service.
Now they say it needs a new cassette/chain, due to wear, wich is strange because it only has a few hudred quilometers.
Also the Bosch visor, catched some humidity, and don`t work (can see just a small part of info), and they say the warranty doesn`t cover it, wich I think is also strange (probably they think I put in water on it).
Last issue, the steering box got a lot of slack, loose, and they say it needs to be replaced, but that the warranty covers.
Has anyone had similar issues on it?
Anyone with similar issues?

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
The cassette & chain are consumable. If you feel they have worn prematurely, then persist with Decathlon. I doubt they will help. The Purion display is prone to water ingress, it should be a warranty item if the display is not visible. If it were me I would speak to Bosch for guidance. I don't know what a steering box is. If you mean the headset bearing, then it will probably be corroded, lots of us have seen that. Replace it, it will be less then 20 Euros.

Buzz720

Aug 6, 2020
Switzerland
Hey, can someone please send me a detailed picture of there rear disc brake caliper with spacers.
I can get my caliper to sit the right height on the disc rotor.
Thanks

Kiwimike

May 10, 2021
Scotland!
Popping in to confirm that after a number of loooong rough rides, the Shimano Deore 12s mech is a perfect match for the SRAM eMTB shifter. And way cheaper / more available than a GX. Yes, you miss cagelock.

MickS

Sep 10, 2020
Poland
The KS Rage-I dropper in my Stilus died yesterday... :(. It doesn't want return to the extended position on its own, only by pulling up by hand.
And when extended like that, it has 20-30 mm of sag. Extra "special effects" - sipping sounds when moving up or down. I suspect that some air found the way out and mixed with oil, decreasing the pressure in the air spring. Really bad news is that in this model the cartridge is integrated with the whole moving part of the post (KS part number A3172): KS Rage-I exploded view and it seems that it is not serviceable at all.
I've raised a warranty claim to Decathlon already. So far not happy with their reply, because they wanted me to bring the bike to the nearest store for sending to their service center (France???) From what I read here, I'm afraid it can take them months, so I've suggested sending them only the dropper (planning to install a rigid seat post as a workaround in the meantime). Let's see what will be their reply.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Does anyone have the details for the headset bearings please?
Either of these will fit. You want a 36/45 1.5 x 5.18 outside diameter by 7.5/8 inside diameter bearing.

samohtr

Jul 24, 2020
St Albans
Thanks Rusty, I need two of these right? Don't want to strip it down and find out I am one missing, that would be just my luck :p

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I can't remember if the upper bearing is the same or not as I don't own the bike any more. Someone will be along to tell you soon enough but what I can say is the Stilus eats crown race bearings I.e. the lower one linked above. You're far more likely to have to replace that one than the upper one & in any event, it's a couple of minutes work to disassemble the stem & take the fork out.

Adding a shorty mudguard will help keep a bit of water out of the way & prolong the bearing life. Also, the oem bearing is an FSA part, so not Decathlon penny pinching, it's just a design flaw that the bearing is so exposed to water ingress & if you're at the point where it needs to be changed, you will find that the original has rusted.

ETA: Have a look here, where I & some others discussed upper headset bearing replacement.

Last edited:

MickS

Sep 10, 2020
Poland
The KS Rage-I dropper in my Stilus died yesterday... :(. It doesn't want return to the extended position on its own, only by pulling up by hand.
And when extended like that, it has 20-30 mm of sag. Extra "special effects" - sipping sounds when moving up or down. I suspect that some air found the way out and mixed with oil, decreasing the pressure in the air spring. Really bad news is that in this model the cartridge is integrated with the whole moving part of the post (KS part number A3172): KS Rage-I exploded view and it seems that it is not serviceable at all.
I've raised a warranty claim to Decathlon already. So far not happy with their reply, because they wanted me to bring the bike to the nearest store for sending to their service center (France???) From what I read here, I'm afraid it can take them months, so I've suggested sending them only the dropper (planning to install a rigid seat post as a workaround in the meantime). Let's see what will be their reply.
Update: Today I've received my dropper 🎉 fixed by Decathlon's service center in PL (luckily it was not in France, as I have expected). As explained over the phone by the service center bike mechanics, they had to replace that whole part containing the cartridge (as I have expected from the beginning).
Getting through the 1st-line support was not the best experience - multiple emails back and forth before they agreed to send them only the dropper instead of the whole bike, few times the warranty claim ticket has been closed automatically because of "lack of response" (when actually I was the one who was waiting for their reply) etc. But I am happy anyway, after all the dropper works now (will see for how long).

Motounion

Jan 17, 2021
Shepperton
a tip if you have not already done so.
You can go to Estensione Garanzia - Lombardo Bikes
REGISTER YOUR BIKE FRAME
AND GET THE FREE WARRANTY EXTENSION
Fill in the form with the serial number on the bike to get an extended warranty.

View attachment 40122
Hi great post im having trouble registering my warranty. when i try it comes up with the wrong type of bike. I must have the format
wrong i guess my serial starts KC0154***1 is this the wrong number possible not the serial number ?

Many thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles