Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
No questions please but my “crystal ball “ informs me that there might be something different heading to our favourite stores sometime soon.

FEMALE STILUS

Bosh performance line engine 65nm
500wh battery

frame aliminium 6061 with 130mm rear travel *sky blue colour*

suntor XCR 130mm fork
suntor radion 130mm rear

shimano MT 400 with 180mm rotors

720mmx35 flatbar with 55m stem

FSA 32t front crank

shimano deore m6000 11/42 rear

29" with 30mm rims and shimano MT400B hub 32 spoke

schwalbe 29x 2.25

2799 euros
At least it may give the V2 breathing space at the order stage.
I'm buying the missus a full V2 cos I want the 625 battery out of it-well it is our Anniversary ?. Any news on the first V2 shipment? I've got RSI from checking the site just like last time.

obsidian

Jun 26, 2020
Croatia
I’ve added 3mm space to the chainring and that’s the clearance on the rear tyre 2.8 wide

I’m making a spacer to fit on the shaft of the motor and remove the 3mm spacers on the chainring hopefully that will work

View attachment 43175

View attachment 43176

View attachment 43177
Can you please tell me what are the dimensions of shaft spacer - i need to know the inner diametar, and im to lazy to take the crank arm down before the purchase of spider so help would be appreciated.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
625wh battery upgrade. Am I right in thinking to fit the longer battery, the bracket at the motor end of the downtube has to be loosened & moved toward the motor?

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
This doohickey.

WJHRJEKE.jpg large.jpg

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
The 625 battery is longer than the 500, so I have to move the lower bracket about 7-8cm ish towards the motor in order to fit it in the downtube. The task for today is working out how to do that.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Okey dokey, it's in & working but has taken a bit more effort than I anticipated. The lower battery bracket is itself mounted to the frame on a metal bracket & I've had to reverse that metal bracket to allow me to move the bracket backwards sufficiently to accomodate the battery. In turn, that meant removing the bashguard so I could move the wiring about & to do that, I had to depressure the shock in order to move the rear triangle so I could get to the bashguard allen bolts. Phew!

HWIISzG4.jpg large.jpg

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Okey dokey, it's in & working but has taken a bit more effort than I anticipated. The lower battery bracket is itself mounted to the frame on a metal bracket & I've had to reverse that metal bracket to allow me to move the bracket backwards sufficiently to accomodate the battery. In turn, that meant removing the bashguard so I could move the wiring about & to do that, I had to depressure the shock in order to move the rear triangle so I could get to the bashguard allen bolts. Phew!

View attachment 55938
Nice job and one I'll be doing soon hopefully as I'm buying another for the missus and nicking that Battery-result!
Just as an add on, if you get an old Allen key and bend the short side (it's only a small size), you can get away with the shock faff to remove the guard (with patience).
Bet you wish you could time travel now and read this before you started ?.
Let us know how the range goes in various modes, conditions and types of ride.
Enjoy your release from the dreaded range anxiety. ?.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Anyhoo, I'll be putting the 500 battery up for sale later. I'd sooner it went to someone on this board as we're known quantities to one another but before I do, I'll offer it to the Decathlonites in here first. Mine's done about 370 miles, whch is lowish I suppose for an eight month old bike, as I still ride the trail bike lots, so I guess the battery is in the 20-30 charging cycles range. Hit me up if anyone is after a spare. (y)

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
? padawan . Love a Star Wars reference . Might do a custom Wookiee paint job on my Stilus , rename it the Hairy Stilus.
An anagram of Decathlon Stilus is:
SLIT DOTH US CLEAN.

Probably referring to the original saddle and the damage it does to your undercarriage after a ride, (and how it would have sounded if Shakespeare had rode one) ?.

I am now officially bored in work.

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
An anagram of Decathlon Stilus is:
SLIT DOTH US CLEAN.

Probably referring to the original saddle and the damage it does to your undercarriage after a ride, (and how it would have sounded if Shakespeare had rode one) ?.

I am now officially bored in work.
Anagram of Decathlon Stilus : Snatched Oil Slut

Last edited:

jupiter

Aug 22, 2020
South Coast, UK
Anyhoo, I'll be putting the 500 battery up for sale later. I'd sooner it went to someone on this board as we're known quantities to one another but before I do, I'll offer it to the Decathlonites in here first. Mine's done about 370 miles, whch is lowish I suppose for an eight month old bike, as I still ride the trail bike lots, so I guess the battery is in the 20-30 charging cycles range. Hit me up if anyone is after a spare. (y)

How much do you want for the battery? PM if that’s better.

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
You definitely don't have to remove the bash guard to fit the 625w battery. As you say Rusty you have to take the bracket of the metal holder and then turn the metal holder around 180 degrees and remount the bracket.

It's certainly tight doing up the repositioned bracket, but definitely doable.

Interested in your comparison on range. I upgraded the battery at the same time as putting on a Volspeed 3 and upgrading the tyres and the Bosch 85nm torque update, so to much shit changed at once to really work out the exact battery range difference :LOL::ROFLMAO:

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
Chill young Padawan. The Purion was twisted out the way so the bike rested on the ends of the grips & the saddle only. Besides, it's a Decathlon mountain bike, not the Sistine chapel. ?
Dear Aladdin next time ask your carpet to rest under your bike and avoid to scratch grips and saddle

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
You definitely don't have to remove the bash guard to fit the 625w battery. As you say Rusty you have to take the bracket of the metal holder and then turn the metal holder around 180 degrees and remount the bracket.

It's certainly tight doing up the repositioned bracket, but definitely doable.

Interested in your comparison on range. I upgraded the battery at the same time as putting on a Volspeed 3 and upgrading the tyres and the Bosch 85nm torque update, so to much shit changed at once to really work out the exact battery range difference :LOL::ROFLMAO:
True, I could have left the bashguard in place for sure but removing it it did make things easier as it allowed me to pull the wiring loom out of the way & so I could have room to precisely locate the battery bracket. Range wise, the last full to empty battery ride I had was wholly in emtb & that came out to 29 miles with nothing left at the end, on the 500 on a mix of single track & fire road with about 2k vertical & a mix of E wild on the rear & DHR on the front roughly 30/26 psi. I'l be happy to swap notes on range once I have a few rides notched up & I usually ride a mix of eco & tour,s so should see a decent increase, obvs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles