2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
I went with the following based on CC recommendations. Disclaimer, Im running a heavy coil as I ride at around 195lbs with gear. You featherweights will want to do some research on coil needed.

210x52.5 DB CS
VALT 2.25x650lb coil
ALSO have a VALT 2.25x600lb

Currently Im running a 2.25x600lb coil with (4 Turns Preload). Haven't ridden yet, but based on test rides it seems like what Im going for as fart as feel. Haven't done fine tuning yet...just set with defaults from factory. When I ride this week, Im sure Ill be stopping a lot to tweak with the settings for HSC and such.

Travelly

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
Has anyone experienced a slight knocking sound from their motor housing? It’s only a slight noise but have no idea what it is. I have taken off the engine cover to clean it out and there doesn’t seem to be anything caught up in there.

Any thoughts welcome.
Thanks

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Has anyone experienced a slight knocking sound from their motor housing? It’s only a slight noise but have no idea what it is. I have taken off the engine cover to clean it out and there doesn’t seem to be anything caught up in there.

Any thoughts welcome.
Thanks
Yes, mostly under load when I'm pedalling on\off.

Krisz1986

Nov 15, 2018
Hungary
Hello guys!
Anybody has this issue?
Sometime turning back the spider is nearly impossible with hand, usually it is easy... While riding, not necessarily heavy use.

The cranks always turn back smooth, as it should.
Thanks for any help

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk

Any thoughts welcome.
Thanks
Is it like a clunk, the same sort of noise your chain would make if it slipped down a cog?
Mine used to regularly do this when coasting and then getting back on the power, it would only do it once though.
It has since stopped, it was definitely coming from the motor though, like some ratchet engaging.

Krisz1986

Nov 15, 2018
Hungary
Is it like a clunk, the same sort of noise your chain would make if it slipped down a cog?
Mine used to regularly do this when coasting and then getting back on the power, it would only do it once though.
It has since stopped, it was definitely coming from the motor though, like some ratchet engaging.

Mine hasn't got sound, except 2 times. It was very little. It's like when the cables popping in the frame... But some times the spider is tightens to the back, with hand.
Otherwise everything is work well.

lookhear

Sep 18, 2018
Cape Town
Hi,
Anyone have this in order? Marzocchi Returns To Rear Shocks. Affordable Shocks From This Legendary Company. - Singletrack Magazine Looking forward for a review with this Coil Shock on a 2019 Levo. Know there were some shaft issues with CC... Hope this one does not have that issue.
Marzocchi Bomber CR 210x55

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0652.JPG

lookhear

Sep 18, 2018
Cape Town
Looks good! How do you feel over the oem shock? I'm thinking about tha Fox DHX2 2pos, because of the infinite adjusment, and the lock option.
I read about the Marzo... Price is excellent!
OEM shock is an air shock. Coil and air are two different animals. Coil is buttery and plush compared to the OEM. Small bumps don’t exist on a coil. Corners feel better and big jumps much more linear. I prefer the coil. So far.
The Fox DHX2 is the better shock. Same spring for both. Can use either the more expensive (Orange) Fox springs or the cheaper (Black) Fox ones sold with the Marzocchi (they’re pretty much the same just a big weight difference)
More adjustments on the Fox. I never lock any shock out and prefer a set and go approach so the Marzocchi works great.
If money doesn’t matter go for the Fox DHX2.

lookhear

Sep 18, 2018
Cape Town
Nice!! Did you reuse the shock HW (bushing,plastic parts, spacer) from the airshock? Does the rubber touch the frame when fully compressed?
Looks REALLY GREAT!
Sent a direct message regarding bushings.
Forgot to add that the rubber doesn't touch the frame. Plenty of clearance when fully compressed - tested before installing the coil.

And since then I've jumped off some biggish drops and all's good.

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
What is the offset on the original FOX 34 Rhythm E-bike, GRIP fork? if to upgrade to fox 36 grip 2, do i need a E-bike version? i'm 73kg....

Morpheus

Mar 14, 2019
Hong Kong
Finally arrived today from my ( oversea's ) LBS ! Easy install and finally acceptable. I have now switched from my " Shit Lip " which performed perfectly to a adhesive inner tube strip as suggested on this forum for better aesthetics. View attachment 9303 View attachment 9304 View attachment 9305
HighFlyer, do u still keep the technical bulletin? Can I have a copy of it as my LSB sent me the kit but they did not send me the bulletin. Thx a lot in advance.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Nice.
If you take it for a ride this weekend pop by the Burgtec stand at the leisure lakes demo and say hello (depending on time of day i might even be able to slip away for a hour for a quick ride)

GAP

Nov 1, 2018
Bookham
Hello guys!
Anybody has this issue?
Sometime turning back the spider is nearly impossible with hand, usually it is easy... While riding, not necessarily heavy use.

The cranks always turn back smooth, as it should.
Thanks for any help

I had a problem with a loud whining noise like a house alarm. It was occasional and I thought it was a motor problem so I had it checked. I also felt like there was some drag developing in the drive system when i had the motor off. When I went to change the chain I noticed that the top jockey wheel was almost seized and no amount of spray lube would improve it.
With an old rear mech the chain would have just skipped over a seized jockey wheel but with the strong spring in the Sram clutch mech it just dragged the jockey wheel round.
So maybe check your jockey wheels as I think Sram ones are prone to seizing?
I fitted some Hope 12t ones and they are very smooth and the drag & noise has completely gone
With an ebike it's hard to notice things like this due to the power

Levolized

Dec 16, 2018
Norway

Any thoughts welcome.
Thanks
I have a slight knock which you clearly feel in your feet when the motor decouples/engages it seams like...Not really when peadling with equal cadens. I don´t think it´s normal and I cant´t rembember that feeling when I demod the bike... Is it in the same situations for you?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I yesterday had the same issue. Top jockey wheel from SRAM completely blocked due to corroded bearings only after riding 350km.

Reactions: e_1

Barryjm

Dec 9, 2018
Forest of Dean, UK
Only had SRAM once before on a Boardman Hardtail, SRAM X7 I believe, and this suffered the same problem! Never had a problem with Shimano in 15 years and have run Deore, SLX and XT drive-chains over the years. Could just be bad luck, like the SRAM RE brakes I have just removed as even after replacing both pistons and seals with SRAM original replacement parts the rear brake was jamming again!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles