Levo Gen 2 What Levo 2021, do they even exist?

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
I've had one on order since August-20 here in the UK!! the lovely Cobalt Blue one.... I've actually not seen any 2021 Levo s on any trails so far here in blighty.... so I conclude that they don't actually exist and our US riding mates on this forum are just whipping us UK Levo lovers into a jealous frenzy by posting fake pictures (probably instigated by Trump)
A message to Specialized UK.. please can you give me a Cobalt Blue Levo free of charge in order to free me of this constant UK vs US Levo jealousy... ?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Theyre not real, I’ve also seen hundreds of 2020 Levos but no 2021’s on the trails - I reckon Spesh have employed that trump guy for fake news marketing ?

TomP

May 4, 2018
Belgium
The local Specialized dealer here in Belgium told my brother he had to wait until the end of June. Luckily he found a standard Levo 2021 in stock at a dealer 100km away, but ok. There is no stock at all...

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
For me now I think; Spesh are too expensive for me (fabulous bikes though)
I'm giving my son my 2019 Levo Comp Carbon and I was treating myself to a new bike...... but I can't find one that ticks all the boxes!
A Decoy with an EP8 would be ideal.... but it doesn't look like YT are ready for the EP8
I even looked at Commencal this morning..... EP8, but June delivery..
Any other suggestions anyone??
I think its bad luck for my son and he will have to stick to his Capra

Kent

Nov 28, 2020
Israel
I've had one on order since August-20 here in the UK!! the lovely Cobalt Blue one.... I've actually not seen any 2021 Levo s on any trails so far here in blighty.... so I conclude that they don't actually exist and our US riding mates on this forum are just whipping us UK Levo lovers into a jealous frenzy by posting fake pictures (probably instigated by Trump)
A message to Specialized UK.. please can you give me a Cobalt Blue Levo free of charge in order to free me of this constant UK vs US Levo jealousy... ?
7FEE9B67-A98C-4FDD-8FEA-FD647897B01A.jpeg
oh yes the do exist ? I got mine less than a month ago (after a week wait) and already rode 1,300 km on this excellent machine. Don’tgive up ?

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
I have been promised by Specialized Ireland that mine will be here by end Jan (Levo Comp Large) waiting since early September.

GordS

Jan 10, 2021
Brampton Ontario
I have been promised by Specialized Ireland that mine will be here by end Jan (Levo Comp Large) waiting since early September.

Good luck, these could the longest 15 days of your life lol. The Levo Comp was the only medium they had left in stock and didn't expect any new stock till late 2021 and even that's not guaranteed. So.....I just got back from a 45k loop....

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Berkshire Cycles had a couple of Colbolt blue experts for sale the other week so they are available

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
With Brexit, no point ordering to Ireland from the UK, who knows what taxes and charges will have to pay. I did look them up last year from Sept to Dec in case one came up that I could get. Didn’t see any back then

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Thanks escrs; they are out of stock now.... in any case, I really don't want to spend £8.5k on a LEVO. When I originally place an order, I could have got a discount at my LBS (this was at the pre price increase price) before Spesh UK cancelled all their supply for 2021..
I am now:
- Waiting on YT to include the EP8 (top of my list I think)
or
- Cube having stock (good value)
or
- Canyon having a larger battery capacity
or
- Trek having stock
or
- I've even started looking at Commencal... but I've never seen one/ heard much feedback about them

Can anyone recommend any more circa ~£6k??

?‍♂️

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Was chatting to a well known and respected brake pad manufacturer this morning and they were saying everything has basically crashed - raw materials used to be a 2 month wait and now its 6 months. Prices looking to go up by 30% due to cost of manufacture going through the roof. People have been reported to be panic buying consumables for bikes as well (pads/cassettes/chains etc) so where as John Smith would buy a set of pads to replace ones that are failing, John Smith is now buying 4-8 sets to stock pile.

So my advice would be if you can get in a queue to order and you like a bike or you can find an odd one in stock, stick with it as the chances are (unless you are very lucky) that you'll be back at the bottom of a long queue if you start again.

StevoKickStart - worth calling Chris from Berkshire Bikes if you were on their waiting list and disappeared off - he may be able to help you out. If there is anyone in the UK who can source Levos - it'll be him.

A mate of mine has been waiting for a Trek for 6 months with no sign as yet, Cube started complaining about shipping to the UK and another mate bought an ex demo bike to shortcut the queue, Commencal I believe are also stating they can't fulfill shipments to the UK (I believe, may be wrong). YT Decoys will feature the EP8 in the 2022 model (expect August 2021 release or thereabouts), then expect delays!

All in all its a bit sh*t really..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles