Levo Gen 3 Anyone here have a gen3 levo warranty frame? What do they look like?

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
Hello guys.
i have a gen3 levo expert in black and gray

the clearcoat on my bike seems to have problems it has bubbles and is turning white in some places
so i have been to my local dealer where i bought the bike. And they told me specialized is going to waranty frame. i then asked them, wil it be the same colors as it is now? They told me no it wont…

so i then asked what color wil it be? They did not know that either. So they where going to ask specialized what i was going to be and the only thing they coud tell was that it was going to be carbon and black. This was 3 months ago… and they dont have the frame yet, or know what color it is going to be.

so now the question. Has anyone here had their frame wartied? What does it look like? did you get a choice of colors? if you can post some pictures please do. I woud like to figure out what they are going to send.

Last edited:

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
So you got a S Works frame as a warranty claim ???
Spesh has been doing that for years, I had an enduro replaced under warranty once and got the S-Works frame. Only difference is the linkage is carbon on the S-Works, you don’t get that on a warranty replacement though. They sent the S-Works front/rear triangle and the shop handling my claim swapped everything over. I ended up with a S-Works frame with the aluminium linkages from my expert.

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
Spesh has been doing that for years, I had an enduro replaced under warranty once and got the S-Works frame. Only difference is the linkage is carbon on the S-Works, you don’t get that on a warranty replacement though. They sent the S-Works front/rear triangle and the shop handling my claim swapped everything over. I ended up with a S-Works frame with the aluminium linkages from my expert.

i wonder if it realy is going to be a sworks.Dealer said it woud be a PRO… I dont understand how a brand like specialized cant tell you what their warranty frames look like.

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
i wonder if it realy is going to be a sworks.Dealer said it woud be a PRO… I dont understand how a brand like specialized cant tell you what their warranty frames look like.
The Pro frame is really nice (I have one) I've never been a big fan of the raw carbon look , very expensive but looks half finished 😂

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
isnt the pro orange/red?
It is indeed 🤟

IMG_20220615_131914.jpg

rdvb

Jan 12, 2022
New Zealand
It was warrantied due to abnormal fading or discoloration on the downtube and motor area of the frame. Evident only when out on a bright sun or when you shine a flashlight on it. Waited two months for the replacement, but to me I love it.

I'm still at work, so can't post good photos of the bike, but the colorway is similar to the 2022 Levo Expert in Carbon/Smoke/Black. Differences are the S-Works branding and the lower half is gloss black.

tubylas

Jun 25, 2022
Poland
It was warrantied due to abnormal fading or discoloration on the downtube and motor area of the frame. Evident only when out on a bright sun or when you shine a flashlight on it. Waited two months for the replacement, but to me I love it.

I'm still at work, so can't post good photos of the bike, but the colorway is similar to the 2022 Levo Expert in Carbon/Smoke/Black. Differences are the S-Works branding and the lower half is gloss black.

Does it looks like this?

IMG_3778.jpg

_Martin_

Oct 31, 2019
Stuttgart, Germany
Hello guys.

the clearcoat on my bike seems to have problems it has bubbles and is turning white in some places
so i have been to my local dealer where i bought the bike. And they told me specialized is going to waranty frame. i then asked them, wil it be the same colors as it is now? They told me no it wont…

so i then asked what color wil it be? They did not know that either. So they where going to ask specialized what i was going to be and the only thing they coud tell was that it was going to be carbon and black. This was 3 months ago… and they dont have the frame yet, or know what color it is going to be.

so now the question. Has anyone here had their frame wartied? What does it look like? did you get a choice of colors? if you can post some pictures please do. I woud like to figure out what they are going to send.

Do the defects on your frame look somewhat like the pictures below? I also have some air trapped below the coating as well as white spots which are obviously fingerprints on multiple areas. My lbs told me that's normal which I don't believe till today. I am pretty convinced my bike is a lemon. Couldn't remove the battery at first cause the screws were sticking out. Had a loud knocking noise which turned out to be a defective X2 shock. Fork is making a loud clicking noise originating from the lowers when I lift the front up. Till now my bike has a rattle in the sidearm area, most likely the cables and a creaking noise in the headtube area. Dismantled the headset a few times, cleaned and greased everything, no play whatsoever. Still the creaking will start after the first or second trail ride getting louder after that. Worth to mention that my levo has a huge gap at the lower bearing, which I did not see on other Levos. I've put in a hope crown race to at least have a bit of rubber seal covering it. The whole seating of the upper bearing cup doesn't look like good built quality as well, as the lower carbon layers stick out and are not trimmed appropriately. So am I just whining on a high level or do your Levos look better in that matter?

It's such a shame because I really love riding my Levo but all the noises still irritate me. Also spending so much money on a premium bike and having to deal with such a bad quality just doesn't feel right. As I said it rides like a dream but with all the issues it just seems like never getting to feel like home and the one bike to be happy with. So far I am really disappointed of Specialized and really don't see any reason why I would ever buy another one.

16399D3B-0B9F-4D67-A9F4-20B7D03308B1.jpeg

17760CF0-3514-4660-B3AD-F2BA1ED7303A.jpeg

EC99CC4B-57A9-426F-8FCB-932CBFB44CA5.jpeg

E52A6F1C-1ED8-4331-9FCE-874A9CDD6C17.jpeg

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium

Does it looks like this?

View attachment 95170
If this is going to be the one i wil get i wil be more then satisfied. Cross your fingers guys.

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
Do the defects on your frame look somewhat like the pictures below? I also have some air trapped below the coating as well as white spots which are obviously fingerprints on multiple areas. My lbs told me that's normal which I don't believe till today. I am pretty convinced my bike is a lemon. Couldn't remove the battery at first cause the screws were sticking out. Had a loud knocking noise which turned out to be a defective X2 shock. Fork is making a loud clicking noise originating from the lowers when I lift the front up. Till now my bike has a rattle in the sidearm area, most likely the cables and a creaking noise in the headtube area. Dismantled the headset a few times, cleaned and greased everything, no play whatsoever. Still the creaking will start after the first or second trail ride getting louder after that. Worth to mention that my levo has a huge gap at the lower bearing, which I did not see on other Levos. I've put in a hope crown race to at least have a bit of rubber seal covering it. The whole seating of the upper bearing cup doesn't look like good built quality as well, as the lower carbon layers stick out and are not trimmed appropriately. So am I just whining on a high level or do your Levos look better in that matter?

It's such a shame because I really love riding my Levo but all the noises still irritate me. Also spending so much money on a premium bike and having to deal with such a bad quality just doesn't feel right. As I said it rides like a dream but with all the issues it just seems like never getting to feel like home and the one bike to be happy with. So far I am really disappointed of Specialized and really don't see any reason why I would ever buy another one.

View attachment 95250

View attachment 95251

View attachment 95257

View attachment 95258

here are some pictures of mine it is getting even worse now. This is not dirt, they are air bubbles in the clearcoat some are starting to peal…

only isseu i have with mine is that there is always one gear that does not want to shift when i shift to a higher gear. And it is always the same one. Dealer told me they are going to put a new cable in when bike comes in for the frame

the battery is also a problem that i have i tried removing it once just to see how it comes out…. I also told my dealer about this. He said they dont come out easy you have to give them a good jerk at the and to get them out. I al going to ask them to show me how to do it. I dont want to mess anything up.

other then that realy satisfied with mine, no noises ect

3449742C-EC1B-45C2-AC40-4DF691F6B475.png

31CAEDC4-6530-47BA-86A4-C54C2BEEF93C.png

Last edited:

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom

View attachment 95250

View attachment 95251

View attachment 95257

View attachment 95258
That head tube area is shockingly bad workmanship mine isn't like that on my Pro 😳

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
Yeah I think so , I've heard reports about defects in that frame too !!

i dont think so. These where the 2022 frame colors for the sworks… only frame that was bare carbon with clearcoat was the expert

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
i dont think so. These where the 2022 frame colors for the sworks… only frame that was bare carbon with clearcoat was the expert
Ah ok it was maybe the expert I'd read about having the frame issues 👍

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Hello guys.

Not Gen 3 but I got a 2019 Expert frame on warranty last December. I originally had the Monster green and black . The new one i got was the Blue and red one. No choice was offered. I got new frame within a week. Wear causing play in headset was my problem.

20220703_121849.jpg

IMG-20190605-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
So its has been 5 months since i started this topic and about 9 months sice my bike was at the dealer, for the clearcoat problem… and wel stil no news from Specialized or from my dealer about the replacement frame. does it realy take this long for a frame to be delivered These days? Any others out there who have had the frame replaced On a gen 3?

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
So its has been 5 months since i started this topic and about 9 months sice my bike was at the dealer, for the clearcoat problem… and wel stil no news from Specialized or from my dealer about the replacement frame. does it realy take this long for a frame to be delivered These days? Any others out there who have had the frame replaced On a gen 3?
You need a better dealer! Are there any other Spesh dealers you can go to? Sounds to me like your LBS is taking the piss, they’re aren’t staying on top of it. One of my mates had a KSL frame replaced last month, had a new frame in the shop in 3 days and his bike back in a week.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles