Levo Gen 3 Anyone here have a gen3 levo warranty frame? What do they look like?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
So its has been 5 months since i started this topic and about 9 months sice my bike was at the dealer, for the clearcoat problem… and wel stil no news from Specialized or from my dealer about the replacement frame. does it realy take this long for a frame to be delivered These days? Any others out there who have had the frame replaced On a gen 3?
Hard to believe it is taking so long . Dare I say it must be a dealer thing ? . I sent video to my dealer showing the wear in headset . A week later he had my new frame in his shop for me so i sent the whole bike to him . When it was there changing everything on the new frame they picked up an error on motor so fitted a new one and new power cable all on warranty . People go on about using local bike shop I don't have one so got one from 500 miles away. First motor that went I sent it by post and got a replacement by post , that's why I say the dealer makes a difference.

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Hard to believe it is taking so long . Dare I say it must be a dealer thing ? . I sent video to my dealer showing the wear in headset . A week later he had my new frame in his shop for me so i sent the whole bike to him . When it was there changing everything on the new frame they picked up an error on motor so fitted a new one and new power cable all on warranty . People go on about using local bike shop I don't have one so got one from 500 miles away. First motor that went I sent it by post and got a replacement by post , that's why I say the dealer makes a difference.

That sounds like the kind of after service you get from birkshire cycles.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Unfortunately i am located in the EU and not uk or usa…
Still sounds to me like your dealer has dropped the ball. Have you contacted Spesh rider care? I’d contact them and complain like a Karen, make sure they know you’ve been without a bike for 9 months. I’m sure they will take care of you. You’re definitely a better person than me, I would have already been raising hell with everyone after a week or two.

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
Still sounds to me like your dealer has dropped the ball. Have you contacted Spesh rider care? I’d contact them and complain like a Karen, make sure they know you’ve been without a bike for 9 months. I’m sure they will take care of you. You’re definitely a better person than me, I would have already been raising hell with everyone after a week or two.
I still have my bike and i can still ride it. I have mailed specialized beqause i wanted to know the color of the frame they coud not tell me either. Only that in woud be carbon and black…. They did tell me that the frame had been ordered with a delay from my dealer and that it shoud have been there in october…

i must admit that my if i knew what i know now i woud have gone to a other dealer.

i know they are very busy and sell a huge amount of bikes but service is not what it needs to be. Im also having a problem with the rear deraileur wich in the end they told me they woud fix when i get the other frame…

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
yesterday i sent a mail specs and today I got a mail back…. They say the frame shoud be with the dealer next week. i am curious to what it is going to look like. Hope i wil like it. I realy liked my expert in its current collors to bad of the clear coat problem.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
yesterday i sent a mail specs and today I got a mail back…. They say the frame shoud be with the dealer next week. i am curious to what it is going to look like. Hope i wil like it. I realy liked my expert in its current collors to bad of the clear coat problem.
I would think they’ll give you either the matte black frame or the S-Works frame. They tend to have a surplus of S-Works frames so that’s usually what they use for warranty replacements. I had an enduro expert warrantied and it was replaced with the S-Works frame.

Coburn

Aug 18, 2019
Somerset
Hi Jorva
old thread i know but i wondered if you ever got your replacment frame and if you have an photo of it?
i am also waiting a Levo Pro Warranty frame and all they can tell me is black carbon! it would be nice to see the colour.

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
Hi Jorva
old thread i know but i wondered if you ever got your replacment frame and if you have an photo of it?
i am also waiting a Levo Pro Warranty frame and all they can tell me is black carbon! it would be nice to see the colour.
Hey yes i got my new frame. And its a levo pro 2022 (thats what the box said) it is painted black metallic and upper tube and rear triangle are clearcoated.
Like my expert frame was.

IMG_5979.jpeg IMG_5973.jpeg IMG_6049.png

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Hey yes i got my new frame. And its a levo pro 2022 (thats what the box said) it is painted black metallic and upper tube and rear triangle are clearcoated.
Like my expert frame was.

View attachment 117199 View attachment 117200 View attachment 117204
Too Squeaky clean for me personally needs some Dubs on it . Great that you got it on warranty though. I got one 18 months ago due to headset play .Very well worn already through Pilot error I must admit . Enjoy

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
Too Squeaky clean for me personally needs some Dubs on it . Great that you got it on warranty though. I got one 18 months ago due to headset play .Very well worn already through Pilot error I must admit . Enjoy
Pictures are from when i just got it back😉. Its pretty dusty now from my last ride.

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
How did you identify the headset play? Was it making sounds under pressure or visible damage?

My headset creaks and I have to clean/re-grease often to reduce the creaking.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
How did you identify the headset play? Was it making sounds under pressure or visible damage?

My headset creaks and I have to clean/re-grease often to reduce the creaking.
Had some play in headset but I couldn't get rid of it by tightening it. When i looked at bearing there was play between bearing and headset i could move it a couple of mm sideways front and back was ok. So sent video to dealer . It was probably my fault but never had a problem like that in a lot of years cycling . Check it lots now. Is it a carbon thing ??? Good luck

Ribinrobin

Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
I had the expert frame and had similar marks to the guys asking for warranty replacements, never even considered it a issue. I now have a S works frame (changed size) but i think the black/silver expert frame is prone to these "bubbles"

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I had the expert frame and had similar marks to the guys asking for warranty replacements, never even considered it a issue. I now have a S works frame (changed size) but i think the black/silver expert frame is prone to these "bubbles"
Both my expert frames been ok regarding bubbles etc. I will say though the black and monster green one kept better than the blue red one , it's worse in half the time to look at.

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
Nice one. Any pictures? I realy like my new frame mine is competely black. I added some dark grey deity parts to it and roval handlebars.

Ribinrobin

Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Nice one. Any pictures? I realy like my new frame mine is competely black. I added some dark grey deity parts to it and roval handlebars.
I don’t sadly. I had scratched the whole side of the frame after a big off at dirt farm uk so doubt they’d warranty my bubbles. Now got the s works frame (blue and ghost grey) definitely not as nice looking as the expert imo. The raw carbon layers look a bit messy.

Jorva 1983

May 10, 2022
Belgium
I don’t sadly. I had scratched the whole side of the frame after a big off at dirt farm uk so doubt they’d warranty my bubbles. Now got the s works frame (blue and ghost grey) definitely not as nice looking as the expert imo. The raw carbon layers look a bit messy.
Oh ok, tought you got a waranty frame.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles