Levo Gen 3 Turbo Levo Gen3 Cascade Link Long Shock Kit Advice

jsmbythebay

Sep 28, 2023
mill valley, ca
Hey all!

I will be acquiring a carbon Gen3 S4 any day now. I have spoken to a number of folks who have all but convinced me to install a Cascade Compnents Long Shock linkage.

What there is not any concensus on is which shock to acquire and install. The recommended shock is over $1100, and due to that, not my preferred option. Some have said that this suspension begs for a coil. Some have said that it's still not progressive enough to optimize a coil and wasn't designed for one anyways. Some have said that there are very vew coil options that will fit and/or that are warrantied. I'd love any feedback/advice on the topic.

Additionally, if anyone has any feedback on any related geometry changes that resulted from their install, I'd love to hear about that. One poster said it raised their bottom bracket by 18mm. Another poster said that they had to buy a 180mm fork to make the bike feel balanced. Cascade has nothing to say on this topic from what I can tell.

Happy trails!

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
There’s a massive thread on the long link kit, have a look there and you’ll find tons of info. You’ll be fine with a coil though, most people that have swapped to the kit are running coils.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
The regular cascade link made a significant difference on my bike so I’d imagine the long link kit would be even better. I have the long link kit but it’s not installed yet, I’m on the S2 and apparently pretty limited on what shocks actually fit the smaller frames.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
Hey all!

I will be acquiring a carbon Gen3 S4 any day now. I have spoken to a number of folks who have all but convinced me to install a Cascade Compnents Long Shock linkage.

What there is not any concensus on is which shock to acquire and install. The recommended shock is over $1100, and due to that, not my preferred option. Some have said that this suspension begs for a coil. Some have said that it's still not progressive enough to optimize a coil and wasn't designed for one anyways. Some have said that there are very vew coil options that will fit and/or that are warrantied. I'd love any feedback/advice on the topic.
I have RS Super Deluxe Ultimate (which is below 500 eur) and it works amazing, don't see the point installing more expensive or heavier unit.
if you ride aggressively I think coil is not progressive enough (or you run less SAG and/or have hydraulic bottom out).

Last edited:

jsmbythebay

Sep 28, 2023
mill valley, ca
I have RS Super Deluxe Ultimate (which is below 500 eur) and it works amazing, don't see the point installing more expensive or heavier unit.
if you ride aggressively I think coil is not progressive enough (or you run less SAG and/or have hydraulic bottom out).
Hi. Thanks for that advice. I assume that is the RS SD Ultimate Air (not coil), correct?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles