Levo Gen 3 Cascade link gen 3 (not long shock)

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
Anyone have any experience with the normal cascade link Specialized Turbo Levo Link (2022-Current) | US | Cascade Components

I don't want to long shock but some added progressivness would be welcome. Struggling to find a balance with volume tokens. Im on the stock Float X with the 0.6 token.. ive been slowly moving up and its better but can see why they thought to develop this link.

Seems like all the reviews are for the long shock version? I know this adds 10mm to 160 but keeps stock shock, which so far happy enough with.

thx

veryoldfart

Oct 1, 2020
Suffolk
I would like to add to this request for advice.

I also have a cascade link for a MY 22 Gen 3 Levo to take the standard rear shock travel to 160mm from 150mm.

I have not yet fitted it because i read some concerning comments here about the cascade link when fitted to a longer shock.

Can anyone tell me:

• is it worth fitting ie does it really offer increased travel??
  • is it easy to fit ( its not obvious to me that this should be at all tricky)-but is there anything to be careful about??
  • does it increase bearing load and affect durability??
Thanks in advance for your guidance

VOF

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I would like to add to this request for advice.

I also have a cascade link for a MY 22 Gen 3 Levo to take the standard rear shock travel to 160mm from 150mm.

I have not yet fitted it because i read some concerning comments here about the cascade link when fitted to a longer shock.

Can anyone tell me:

• is it worth fitting ie does it really offer increased travel??
  • is it easy to fit ( its not obvious to me that this should be at all tricky)-but is there anything to be careful about??
  • does it increase bearing load and affect durability??
Thanks in advance for your guidance

VOF
I’ve been running the regular cascade link on my bike for months. Yes, it does increase the travel but it also increases the progression so the bike doesn’t bottom out as easily. It’s extremely easy to install, nothing really hard about it at all.

The posts you’re seeing with people having problems is with the long link and a 230x65 shock, with the regular link you’re still using the stock length shock so there’s no issues with the shock hitting the frame.

veryoldfart

Oct 1, 2020
Suffolk
Thank Ou812, it fitted easily, even though I had to do a double take on one of the seals ( the single seal on the frame end of wishbone) as it is seemed counter intuitive that it didn't sit on the bearings like the other two ( outermost on link) sets of bearings seals... But, luckily, I had only removed one arm before I checked which way it was fitted.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Thank Ou812, it fitted easily, even though I had to do a double take on one of the seals ( the single seal on the frame end of wishbone) as it is seemed counter intuitive that it didn't sit on the bearings like the other two ( outermost on link) sets of bearings seals... But, luckily, I had only removed one arm before I checked which way it was fitted.
Now all you need to do is figure out what air pressure you need to be at and ride it. I think cascade recommends something like a 10% increase, I went to a coil shock when I did the swap so not much help there.

RodneyH

May 28, 2023
Orange County
I just added one and added 10% pressure and that seemed like too much. I was blowing through my travel prior, now I added the link and added 10% and now Im not even close to using all of my travel. Anyone else find that the 10% recommendation was a little too high?

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I just added one and added 10% pressure and that seemed like too much. I was blowing through my travel prior, now I added the link and added 10% and now Im not even close to using all of my travel. Anyone else find that the 10% recommendation was a little too high?
What’s your sag setting? I would run whatever psi it takes to get me in the 28-30% sag range. The 10% is just a suggestion, could be more could be less.

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
so do you need up get a firmer spring if running coil?
I use a 550lb spring, giving me about 27% sag, I'm hoping it will be OK for the cascade link?

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
so do you need up get a firmer spring if running coil?
I use a 550lb spring, giving me about 27% sag, I'm hoping it will be OK for the cascade link?
You’ll probably have to go to a firmer spring. I’m roughly 73kg geared up and I’m on a 525lb spring.

IOUZIP

Jun 8, 2022
USA
I have been riding with the cascade link (standard) for 6 months on my 2022 Levo Expert. It has the Fox Float X2. I am 200 lbs when riding and I have to pump the air pressure to 300 psi to get 30% sag. 1 Token. Depending on your riding weight 200lbs is the max weight with the cascade link. The suspension feels soft and I use about 90% of the travel on most rides.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles