Levo Gen 2 85kg riding weight + cascade link + coil shock

Martin

Aug 13, 2018
Prague
Does anyone here have a 2019 levo with cascade link + coil shock and weight about 80-85kg fully kitted? I was just thinking about buying rs super deluxe ultimate coil for my levo, but according to cascade components, riders who weight more than 180lbs should stick to air shocks, if they do decide to use a coil shock, with a weight of 85kg the recommended spring rate is between 700-800 lb which seems insane

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I would check to see if the rs is compatible with the Levo due to linkage design as some coil shocks snap on Levo & other bikes with similar linkage design

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
I put the exact same coil shock on my 2020 Levo comp, I weigh 90kg geared up & have a 600lb spring on which gives me about 27% sag.
And though they say not to put coils on Levo's, I would never go back to air, the coil gives such a plush ride. Loved it so much I also replaced the air fork with a coil, all gains with no down sides?:) I try to be vigilant though & keep an eye out for cracks though nothing to date..

Martin

Aug 13, 2018
Prague
I put the exact same coil shock on my 2020 Levo comp, I weigh 90kg geared up & have a 600lb spring on which gives me about 27% sag.
And though they say not to put coils on Levo's, I would never go back to air, the coil gives such a plush ride. Loved it so much I also replaced the air fork with a coil, all gains with no down sides?:) I try to be vigilant though & keep an eye out for cracks though nothing to date..
But you don't have cascade link installed on your levo right? With your weight, cascade recommends 800lb spring, which i am not even sure exist (from rockshox anyway)

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
Does anyone here have a 2019 levo with cascade link + coil shock and weight about 80-85kg fully kitted? I was just thinking about buying rs super deluxe ultimate coil for my levo, but according to cascade components, riders who weight more than 180lbs should stick to air shocks, if they do decide to use a coil shock, with a weight of 85kg the recommended spring rate is between 700-800 lb which seems insane
I just bought a Push, I'm 195 riding weight. 575 lb coil is too light

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
But you don't have cascade link installed on your levo right? With your weight, cascade recommends 800lb spring, which i am not even sure exist (from rockshox anyway)
Correct about the Cascade link, RS max spring rate is 650. I have actually purchased a Sprindex adjustable coil which lets me adjust the coil spring rate from 610lb up to 690lb. That way I can screw up the rate to deal with harsher trails with jumps or drops that may come along on a days riding?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles