Status
Not open for further replies.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Yes, for now I am using Blevo on iOS.

I understood you had the phone in your pocket. In that case IOS version works well too. However when you would like to use the maps, GPX routes and continuous screen (handle mount) I would recommend to buy a BV6000 and the Android version. I have a iphone myself too. I first tried the BLEvo IOS version with a powerbank but the BV6000 (with no simcard inserted) works very well on the handle bar with less risk in case of a crash than an expensive iphone.

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Hi! been using BLevo since i got my bike a couple of months ago', and am verry happy!
great app!
just decided to start using Strava so i can upload my rides there.. and to facebook.
but even after setting up strava to work with BLevo.. i still cant upload rides i get an error screen..
im sure im not doing something right..maybe someone can enlighten me??
Thanks
Tim

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi! been using BLevo since i got my bike a couple of months ago', and am verry happy!
great app!
just decided to start using Strava so i can upload my rides there.. and to facebook.
but even after setting up strava to work with BLevo.. i still cant upload rides i get an error screen..
im sure im not doing something right..maybe someone can enlighten me??
Thanks
Tim
Csn you share the error message?
Did you end the ride before uploading the activity?

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Csn you share the error message?
Did you end the ride before uploading the activity?

yes, i ended the ride first - and just tried it again now - get the same message:"Fail to upload ride to strava Error 2: Error Processing Data"
Tim

superrob

Apr 7, 2019
netherlands
Does updating the motor to the new 5.04 sw disable the function to increase the maximum speed? I’ve set the maximum speed to 50km/h now (have never riden faster than 40) with a motor sw 5.0 and battery sw 2.23.1.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Does updating the motor to the new 5.04 sw disable the function to increase the maximum speed? I’ve set the maximum speed to 50km/h now (have never riden faster than 40) with a motor sw 5.0 and battery sw 2.23.1.

Hi Superrob,

If I am right you have a 2018 Levo. With this bike you can update the firmware to the newest version without being afraid you will loose the ability to adjust the maximum speed.

superrob

Apr 7, 2019
netherlands

Hi Superrob,

If I am right you have a 2018 Levo. With this bike you can update the firmware to the newest version without being afraid you will loose the ability to adjust the maximum speed.
Thx! And indeed I ride a 2018 TL

mccltd

Apr 5, 2019
kent
Hi,
Just purchased my levo comp and the shop has it setup on an older version of firmware and de-restricted. This makes the speed and distance on the specialized app incorrect.
Can Blevo be setup so that it will correct the speed and distance so reporting correctly?

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
First of all, love the BLEvo app and use it exclusively when riding my Turbo Levo. Thanks Paolo and keep up the great work!

I have a question about updating the firmware. I'm taking my bike into the LBS for service soon and was wondering how important it is maintain my current firmware version.

I have a 2018 Turbo Levo. Firmware version 4.22.3, TCU version V1.7.0 and Hardware version 1.

I'd like to maintain my ability to tweak the speed limit.

Are there any compelling reasons to upgrade to a newer versions or to avoid upgrading?

Thanks!

Alan

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
First of all, love the BLEvo app and use it exclusively when riding my Turbo Levo. Thanks Paolo and keep up the great work!

I have a question about updating the firmware. I'm taking my bike into the LBS for service soon and was wondering how important it is maintain my current firmware version.

I have a 2018 Turbo Levo. Firmware version 4.22.3, TCU version V1.7.0 and Hardware version 1.

I'd like to maintain my ability to tweak the speed limit.

Are there any compelling reasons to upgrade to a newer versions or to avoid upgrading?

Thanks!

Alan

Hi Alan,

Speed limit hack only isn't possible for the 2019 Levo with firmware version 2.025 or newer.

Speed of the 2018 Levo with the latest firmware you can still modify.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
So, in general, should I always update my 2018 to the latest firmware?

I would like to answer your question but I have the 2019 version so I didn’t explore the firmware development of the 2018 in detail.

I think there is another thread about the differences where I think to remember the newer the better.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
So, in general, should I always update my 2018 to the latest firmware?
I think in the future the firmware will be not updated from Specialized.. The last version is the x.23 and it should be always the last for "old" bike.. I don't think the want to maintain this firmware.. It works..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
The Specialized Turbo Vado series are getting display upgrades that enable BLE and Mission Control support: Mission Control App - Turbo Vado Solution Now Available
I need a bike to test the connection with it.. It is in my TODO list...

Do you think BLEvo will be compatible once riders get the upgrade to the TCD display?
Turbo Connect Display | Specialized.com
I don't understand what you mean.. The TCD display works with ANT+ protocol, so doesn't matter with Bluetooth and BLEvo..

mccltd

Apr 5, 2019
kent
Thankyou,
I've now purchased Blevo but not connected yet.

A few other questions please, ( I have read up to page 16 of this thread so far)

Before I connect Blevo to my bike will it overwrite any settings in the bike?
If So can the original settings be backed up and restored if need be so I can return it to as supplied?

My levo was supplied de-restricted and I was told this was done by not upgrading the firmware and some settings changed .
Will playing with the settings etc in blevo also overwrite the settings in the bike or is it only in blevo their changed whilst riding?

last question
Should I upgrade the bike to the latest firmware ( would I notice any difference ) and would i loose the de restriction?

Many thanks.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thankyou,

A few other questions please, ( I have read up to page 16 of this thread so far)

If So can the original settings be backed up and restored if need be so I can return it to as supplied?

My levo was supplied de-restricted and I was told this was done by not upgrading the firmware and some settings changed .
Will playing with the settings etc in blevo also overwrite the settings in the bike or is it only in blevo their changed whilst riding?

last question
Should I upgrade the bike to the latest firmware ( would I notice any difference ) and would i loose the de restriction?

Many thanks.
BLEvo change the setting only if you want... BLEvo is a "monitor" of the bike. Only if you change the setting with Bike Setup, some changes are written in the bike.
In Mission Control there is the button "Reset Configuration". You can use this.
Which is your software version now?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thankyou,

last question

Many thanks.

Hi,

Besides the comment of Paolo, I think it's wise that you download and read the manual as well:
Instruction manual in english

mccltd

Apr 5, 2019
kent
:QUOTE="PaoloBLEvo, post: 66067, member: 521"]BLEvo change the setting only if you want... BLEvo is a "monitor" of the bike. Only if you change the setting with Bike Setup, some changes are written in the bike.
Which is your software version now?[/QUOTE]

I will check the firmware tonight and report back.
I emailed the LBS and they replied as below, just worried that I don't take the restriction off if I cant put it back on.

The bike is already cheated, as that is how we set all our bikes up that go out. So you wouldn’t need blevo to do it. If you take the restriction off, you won’t be able to put it back on.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
:QUOTE="PaoloBLEvo, post: 66067, member: 521"]BLEvo change the setting only if you want... BLEvo is a "monitor" of the bike. Only if you change the setting with Bike Setup, some changes are written in the bike.
Which is your software version now?

I will check the firmware tonight and report back.
I emailed the LBS and they replied as below, just worried that I don't take the restriction off if I cant put it back on.

The bike is already cheated, as that is how we set all our bikes up that go out. So you wouldn’t need blevo to do it. If you take the restriction off, you won’t be able to put it back on.[/QUOTE]

Hi, can you explain once more which bike you are riding?

In case of Levo 2016, 2017 or 2018 all these can be derestricted by BLEvo no matter what the firmware version is. The same for the Kenevo and the Levo HT which are sold until today.

Only the 2019 Levo with the TCU (bluelight display on the top tube) is not possible to derestrict from firmware version 2.025 and newer. 2.019 is able to be derestricted.

Connecting to the bike with BLEvo will not deactive or active derestriction. There is a clear speed slider which one needs to move left to right to change the setting. (if possible with firmware 2.025 and newer it's not possible)

Personally I ride with firmware 2.026 and derestriction is not possible via BLEvo. Be aware that 2.019 also has shortcomes in it's firmware. It's an early version which contains bugs so I guess it's not a bad choice to upgrade the firmware. With 2.026 your LBS can set a wheel circumference of 2000mm. which gives 28,8km/h when you keep the original wheelset in the bike. You could also consider the LSS which is described in another thread. For me personally I like my current setup but I agree best option was to have the US speed limit of 32km/h in Europe.

mccltd

Apr 5, 2019
kent
I'm riding a 2019 levo with the blue TCU.
I will check and report back what firmware is on there but what should I stay clear off on Blevo so Not to remove the de-restriction?
Also, I want to get the speed sensing and distance working correctly so looking at the manual I believe I need to do what page 11 is refering to : 'wheel size and speed clarifaction' and this shouldn't have any effect of the de restriction.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I'm riding a 2019 levo with the blue TCU.
I will check and report back what firmware is on there but what should I stay clear off on Blevo so Not to remove the de-restriction?
Also, I want to get the speed sensing and distance working correctly so looking at the manual I believe I need to do what page 11 is refering to : 'wheel size and speed clarifaction' and this shouldn't have any effect of the de restriction.

I don´t understand page 11 but underneath an example of the ios version (Android version is similar):
1554995068229.png

You will see two sliders at the bottom of the screen. The only slider you should change, if you are already happy with the current speed limit, is the bottom one called "wheel" which is the real wheel circumference setting. For the 29'' wheelset of the 2019 Levo it's 2300mm. The "km/h" speed slider can be used to change the speed limit as long as your bikes firmware allows you to. You can not change anything what can't be restored. If you are able to change it to for example 30km/h you can also change it back again to the speed limit you initially had.

BLEvo doesn't modify the bikes firmware!

Last edited:

mccltd

Apr 5, 2019
kent
Connected bike up last night to Blevo , I'm now at work but is there a way to read the firmware version etc from the blevo app now or does it have to be connected to bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles