Status
Not open for further replies.

ady

Mar 27, 2019
Bristol
Hi all :)

I have some questions about power - no matter how hard I push the bike (2018 levo expert) according to Blevo my legs always top out at about 580w, always within a few watts of that. Coincidence? Or some bug/limit on the power meter?

Second the bike only delivers 560w, I want to upgrade the motor FW to 5.0.4 (from 5.0.0) to sort this out (my mates delivers 750w ish). Is it possible to run v10.22.3 batt FW with 5.0.4 motor? (I don't want to lose the cm=0)

Thanks in advance!

Mar 24, 2019
Sherwood Forest
Hi all :)

I have some questions about power - no matter how hard I push the bike (2018 levo expert) according to Blevo my legs always top out at about 580w, always within a few watts of that. Coincidence? Or some bug/limit on the power meter?

Second the bike only delivers 560w, I want to upgrade the motor FW to 5.0.4 (from 5.0.0) to sort this out (my mates delivers 750w ish). Is it possible to run v10.22.3 batt FW with 5.0.4 motor? (I don't want to lose the cm=0)

Thanks in advance!
I have the same bike on the same firmware giving a similar power output. Mine shows 580-590W. I'm going to contact my local Spesh Concept store and ask about an update to 5.0.4
If you beat me to it Ady let us know the outcome. Is it certain that 5.0.4 will result in 700+W?

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
@ady and @Sherwood Forester - 2018 Levo motors (1.3) with firmware v. 5.0.0 can give power outputs over 700W. The 2018 model I owned previously had battery firmware v. 2.22.3 and motor firmware v. 5.0.0 (with 1.3 motor firmware patch 12/11/17). According to BLEvo the motor routinely gave max power outputs in the high 700W range using CM4, and a max value of 787W using CM3. I could see these numbers in real time on the BLEvo display screen as well as in the statistical data output files. I don't have enough experience with other CM settings to understand how they might affect max motor power output and thus can't speculate as to why the max output might be lower at settings you use. Perhaps the firmware patch included my v. 5.0.0 is included in v. 5.0.4 and that will solve the problem.

SwissDH

Mar 5, 2019
Switzerland
Yesterday I downloaded the app on my iPhone 8+ (iOS 12.1.4), but do not yet have my '19 Levo, as it will not be delivered for another 3 weeks (at least).

I had hoped to play with the BLEvo and get familiar with the settings, displays, etc.

However, the only one of the 4 menu options that even works is 'Scan for bike/HRM/RC', which obviously will not find anything. It seems 'Bike Setup', 'Bike Monitor' and 'Configuration' are locked!

Is that right? Does the BLEvo app only work after first connecting with a bike? I have indeed read the 57 pages here, and I may have missed read it, but I thought I had read that the BLEvo was indeed configurable off line.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Vanquish78

Mar 28, 2019
Poland
Yesterday I downloaded the app on my iPhone 8+ (iOS 12.1.4), but do not yet have my '19 Levo, as it will not be delivered for another 3 weeks (at least).

I had hoped to play with the BLEvo and get familiar with the settings, displays, etc.

However, the only one of the 4 menu options that even works is 'Scan for bike/HRM/RC', which obviously will not find anything. It seems 'Bike Setup', 'Bike Monitor' and 'Configuration' are locked!

Is that right? Does the BLEvo app only work after first connecting with a bike? I have indeed read the 57 pages here, and I may have missed read it, but I thought I had read that the BLEvo was indeed configurable off line.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Hi. According to my experience with BLEvo, you need to have a Levo/Kenevo handy and turned ON to have all the menus in BLEvo working. Without the bike most of it does not work. The same regards to Mission Control. All the menus relating to bike settings, that is "Tune" and "Diagnose" will only work when the bike is connected with the app.

KrisFl

Mar 4, 2019
Leefdaal
Android.
Phone was in a front pocket, so I can hear the voice info.
So second ride this weekend to get the correct tracking from Blevo. All of my battery saving feature in the Samsung turned off. When looking at the track at end if ride, it seems Blevo picks up only certain points. See below first result from Blevo, second from navigation device.
I have no clue what to do....

Screenshot_20190330-181443_Strava.jpg
Screenshot_20190330-181429_Strava.jpg

Bramco

Jan 4, 2019
South Notts
Paolo,

Wonder if you have thought about how to not display unused fields in the BM 2+2 etc display?

Also, can you please kill the annoying whiny woman's voice you are using for the English language, not only is the whining really irritating the poor dear can't even read properly. She says 'baddery' when she should say 'battery' and 'twenny' when she should say 'twenty' etc.

I've listened to the German voice, the French and Spanish and the lovely Italian lady and they all sound extremely well brought up and natives of their countries.

The English lady is obviously not from the UK - so can we get a real English speaker to do the voice please. I'm concerned that if you don't do this I'll end up throwing my phone over a hedge, or have to take my wife along (she's learning Italian)!!

:-D ;-)

Simon

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
So second ride this weekend to get the correct tracking from Blevo. All of my battery saving feature in the Samsung turned off. When looking at the track at end if ride, it seems Blevo picks up only certain points. See below first result from Blevo, second from navigation device.

View attachment 12526 View attachment 12527

Can you please try the settings metioned in the post below? They might resolve your issue...

The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

Also please close all other apps and run BLEvo only. Everything should work fine.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

View attachment 12526 View attachment 12527
Very Strange... Could you sent to me the CSV file to [email protected] ?
Thanks.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo,

Wonder if you have thought about how to not display unused fields in the BM 2+2 etc display?

Also, can you please kill the annoying whiny woman's voice you are using for the English language, not only is the whining really irritating the poor dear can't even read properly. She says 'baddery' when she should say 'battery' and 'twenny' when she should say 'twenty' etc.

I've listened to the German voice, the French and Spanish and the lovely Italian lady and they all sound extremely well brought up and natives of their countries.

The English lady is obviously not from the UK - so can we get a real English speaker to do the voice please. I'm concerned that if you don't do this I'll end up throwing my phone over a hedge, or have to take my wife along (she's learning Italian)!!

:-D ;-)

Simon
Is your phone in English?
Which phone you have?

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
I've been using BLEvo for a few weeks now and it appears to be connected to the heart rate sensor on my Apple Watch but it always reads 63bpm. The app is set to use Apple Watch HR, it has the thumbs up next to the HRM, and my phone is set to allow BLEvo access to the HRM. Anyone else run into this issue? Any suggestions? Thanks!

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
I've been using BLEvo for a few weeks now and it appears to be connected to the heart rate sensor on my Apple Watch but it always reads 63bpm...
You need to find more exciting or challenging trails to ride!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I've been using BLEvo for a few weeks now and it appears to be connected to the heart rate sensor on my Apple Watch but it always reads 63bpm. The app is set to use Apple Watch HR, it has the thumbs up next to the HRM, and my phone is set to allow BLEvo access to the HRM. Anyone else run into this issue? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Did you start the activity also on your Apple Watch?

Bramco

Jan 4, 2019
South Notts
Is your phone in English?
Which phone you have?
Paolo, it's as follows:
Moto G5
Language set to English (United Kingdom)
Date & time set to GMT/BST

The lady in question is speaking American, or as it is sometimes set out - English (American). I'm sure your American users would be very happy to have American in the drop down list of languages in BLEvo, being British I would be ecstatic not to have an American trying to pronounce English when I have selected English.

Having said that, this is a very minor issue even though it drives me nuts!!! The app is absolutely brilliant. If you can fix this easily though it would be great.

You didn't respond to my question about not displaying the unused fields in the BM 2+2+2 display. Is it possible for you to be able to fix this as well?

Simon

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo, it's as follows:
Moto G5
Language set to English (United Kingdom)
Date & time set to GMT/BST

The lady in question is speaking American, or as it is sometimes set out - English (American). I'm sure your American users would be very happy to have American in the drop down list of languages in BLEvo, being British I would be ecstatic not to have an American trying to pronounce English when I have selected English.

Having said that, this is a very minor issue even though it drives me nuts!!! The app is absolutely brilliant. If you can fix this easily though it would be great.

You didn't respond to my question about not displaying the unused fields in the BM 2+2+2 display. Is it possible for you to be able to fix this as well?

Simon
I can add the UK voice and the US voice..

I don't understand what you mean.. Can you post a screenshot?
Thanks.

Bramco

Jan 4, 2019
South Notts
I can add the UK voice and the US voice..
Excellent - thank you!

I don't understand what you mean.. Can you post a screenshot?
Xw3q7CspDC0JM7E8gw4Zwx55GOejOgpoxNGUZje6RBKXWjVJqKKd9zLvrpTWobTpGZ_B0tGc8aI2Y0VLVXlyDnMHmYXiE-EFsiCYZWEs9sWfHur8m79qkzP479gmyKjNamg1rT9AVlOk1XC0DYstJEjNv2iL4gNAVPLIFR-v1qLZqCf10RusuKlXs-ep5weqA1CbZLOYRrFjkQWUTfpEsSxDZVORFDUjxz6xK5yztrZc3LdjIyIkpZ-E0B5uUSqPQbQYhuDPTXtOYLAsSaZtuReG6tZzool5lHl7Cm8wCzEM4UedUPd7CtpFsQdHH6g6JcY2eDhDsVhr7TcYe0d_lYjMj6xF9cLKOu_nxGbHp-GRDW-q1rgFKhIvmDY1G8OO7NseNqnT8Yee9pTgHMXrm4HfdD2lpuIQdnyVltyV9JBMFQsEVdEprDiYH7VwNd4GrJ4bcyGwhUC_nEPap29zlv0eDzueLPmUAhRqAHIylGBzCg2MqRzslxkl-N19t_JqKXbGsT7FsMFOdEPAS5_K0hpUCMovejDdcvfmdmJ2AoUaYNqHjKUI7tTq7MUTFbMX6lSM0yY07RWN1QWnDDMlDAo3uPpVM7ae5peau7JoWQ9T6IomzVvb2DT3AmBwEB8wHYlqdkzPqpg3_84Ew1ONSfG-i7gzipI=w341-h606-no

As you can see I only use the 1st 4 fields in the view. Further off screen are battery and level and then the map.

I don't want the 4 fields that I don't use displayed - this would mean I can see battery and level and the top of the map.

Scrolling is difficult when riding and impossible with gloves on.

Simon

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Excellent - thank you!

Xw3q7CspDC0JM7E8gw4Zwx55GOejOgpoxNGUZje6RBKXWjVJqKKd9zLvrpTWobTpGZ_B0tGc8aI2Y0VLVXlyDnMHmYXiE-EFsiCYZWEs9sWfHur8m79qkzP479gmyKjNamg1rT9AVlOk1XC0DYstJEjNv2iL4gNAVPLIFR-v1qLZqCf10RusuKlXs-ep5weqA1CbZLOYRrFjkQWUTfpEsSxDZVORFDUjxz6xK5yztrZc3LdjIyIkpZ-E0B5uUSqPQbQYhuDPTXtOYLAsSaZtuReG6tZzool5lHl7Cm8wCzEM4UedUPd7CtpFsQdHH6g6JcY2eDhDsVhr7TcYe0d_lYjMj6xF9cLKOu_nxGbHp-GRDW-q1rgFKhIvmDY1G8OO7NseNqnT8Yee9pTgHMXrm4HfdD2lpuIQdnyVltyV9JBMFQsEVdEprDiYH7VwNd4GrJ4bcyGwhUC_nEPap29zlv0eDzueLPmUAhRqAHIylGBzCg2MqRzslxkl-N19t_JqKXbGsT7FsMFOdEPAS5_K0hpUCMovejDdcvfmdmJ2AoUaYNqHjKUI7tTq7MUTFbMX6lSM0yY07RWN1QWnDDMlDAo3uPpVM7ae5peau7JoWQ9T6IomzVvb2DT3AmBwEB8wHYlqdkzPqpg3_84Ew1ONSfG-i7gzipI=w341-h606-no

As you can see I only use the 1st 4 fields in the view. Further off screen are battery and level and then the map.

I don't want the 4 fields that I don't use displayed - this would mean I can see battery and level and the top of the map.

Scrolling is difficult when riding and impossible with gloves on.

Simon
You don't need to scroll to view the map.. just tap on the screen...
But do you want to remove the field and enlarge the field with data?

Bramco

Jan 4, 2019
South Notts
You don't need to scroll to view the map.. just tap on the screen...
But do you want to remove the field and enlarge the field with data?

Hi Paolo,

The map isn't really that important to me - just a nice to have.

If you could not display any unused fields though that would shift everything from the bottom of the screen further up and then I would have the battery and level indicators.

Also, the interface would look a lot cleaner. :-D

Simon

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

The map isn't really that important to me - just a nice to have.

If you could not display any unused fields though that would shift everything from the bottom of the screen further up and then I would have the battery and level indicators.

Also, the interface would look a lot cleaner. :-D

Simon
Sorry but I don't understand very well your issue... you can add the field with battery and level indicator... why do you need to scroll the screen if you don't need the map?
In any case I will remove the unused field..

Bramco

Jan 4, 2019
South Notts
Sorry but I don't understand very well your issue... you can add the field with battery and level indicator... why do you need to scroll the screen if you don't need the map?
In any case I will remove the unused field..
Hi Paolo,

I can indeed add those fields but then they would be on the page twice. It would be a lot cleaner if you can make unused fields disappear if they aren't in use.

Thx

Simon

Mar 24, 2019
Sherwood Forest
Regarding the firmware/low power issue I have confirmation from the ebike manager at Rutland cycles that...'There was an update which limited peak power for several months. There is now an update out which rectifies this, so he needs that applying.'

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Ok thanks. I will send the file.
I will also follow the advice from Maastricht.

In battery optimization, I have specifically indicated that Blevo can use max battery needed.

Not only select the BLEvo app but also the bluetooth services:

you have to disable battery optimization for every bluetooth service (Bluetooth MIDI service, BT Tool, Bluetooth sharing) and for every app that will use bluetooth to transmit data

Not sure if it will help but at least you can try...

Last edited:

Bhargis

Jan 22, 2019
Paris Texas
It is not an April Fool's ... ?
I finally released the iOS version that allows uploading the activity to Strava.
Download the BLEvo version 3.4.1 update from iTunes.

‎BLEvo - For Smart Turbo Levo

Enjoy your ride.
I uploaded my ride to strava yesterday and only the first quarter of the ride shows up. The Blevo ride data shows all of the ride stats while the ride map shows only the first quarter that shows in Strava.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles