Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2019
Sherwood Forest
Hi everyone from Sherwood Forest. Before I splash the cash I would like to be sure that Blevo is fully compatible with my bike. I have a 2018 Levo Expert with motor firmware 5.0.0 and battery firmware A.16.3 I would like to be able to set max current in each mode, not with a single global figure as it is now. My Mission Control version is 2.0.8

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi everyone from Sherwood Forest. Before I splash the cash I would like to be sure that Blevo is fully compatible with my bike. I have a 2018 Levo Expert with motor firmware 5.0.0 and battery firmware A.16.3 I would like to be able to set max current in each mode, not with a single global figure as it is now. My Mission Control version is 2.0.8

Don’t worry you should be fine!

Mar 24, 2019
Sherwood Forest
@ xcentric... I know what you are mean but I am an honorary Yorkshireman. The bike came up on a well known auction site for £3700. Hardly used, mint cond etc
I'd been looking around for a bike in the 2.5K range but I couldn't resist this Levo. It's got carbon rims and Ohlins for god's sake!

and, 57 pages of praise count for nothing if it isn't compatible.

Last edited:

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands
Small bug:

When on Galaxy S9+, the buttons and screen dont really render to 100% of the screen. The initial screen is a few pixels too tall and the map screen is a bit too small.

Inked2019-03-26 15.56.44_LI.jpg Inked2019-03-26 15.56.35_LI.jpg

Mar 24, 2019
Sherwood Forest
So I've bought a used Sony phone, installed the app and successfully connected to my bike so all is well. I haven't had time to play yet but interestingly it is reporting a different battery software version, 10.22.3 instead of A.16.3 but I understand that these are one and the same, the latter being reported in hex.

BobasV

Mar 25, 2019
Czech
Hi I try this great app, but I have problem with Upload to Strava, same problem as koren9. But if I export TCX file and import it to Strava it is OK. If I tray it again from BLEvo it says "Duplicate of activity". I use android version on Samsung S5 dedicate to BLEvo.

Edit:
I found the problem. It was in non-standard character with diacritics in comment for the ride. Such as á í ý ě š etc.

Last edited:

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi @Kiwi in Wales ,

Hereby my results:
Sorted by electrical motor input power (largest to smallest):
View attachment 12154
Sorted by biker power (largest to smallest):
View attachment 12155
Sorted by current (largest to smallest):
View attachment 12156
Long list where I received a max. of 20A.

Hope this helps...
Thanks M,
Really good info.
The highest current draw on my bike is 19 Amps and varies between 700 and 727W.

I am going to try it with 2 other batteries over the next week to see if there is any difference.

Stringbean

Mar 9, 2019
Cape town
So here goes.Recent Levo purchase.Ive read entire thread to get up to speed.
As far as I can see I’ve got the latest firmware (battery,motor etc)
I’ve connected to BLEvo,but I could change wheel circumference and speed of the bike.
When I open MC this confirms it with a wheel circumference of 1408 mm( I’m running 650b).
Is BLEvo working with the 2019 Levo now or have I missed something?

A84CF832-68F7-417C-A934-B889C65C0C95.png

B52E8053-F375-4D51-93AB-1DE36CE5C2A9.png

AF88BB6C-D854-4A03-8442-4F05A97D44E4.png

BD9A361D-9E3F-4E4A-81AF-C5C3D2E85752.png

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
So here goes.Recent Levo purchase.Ive read entire thread to get up to speed.
As far as I can see I’ve got the latest firmware (battery,motor etc)
I’ve connected to BLEvo,but I could change wheel circumference and speed of the bike.
When I open MC this confirms it with a wheel circumference of 1408 mm( I’m running 650b).
Is BLEvo working with the 2019 Levo now or have I missed something?

View attachment 12362

View attachment 12363

View attachment 12364

View attachment 12365
It seems you still have the old firmware 13.a also known as 2.019. This is the reason that you are able to change the wheelcircumference via BLEvo.

However walk assist, shuttle mode and most like also BLEvo smart power functions will most likely not work like they should. In newer firmware versions (latest is 2.026) this is corrected. However there the disadvantage is that the dealer only is not able to modify the wheelcircumference under a value of 2000mm. which corresponds to 28,8km/h. (when riding with the original wheelset of 2300mm)

Stringbean

Mar 9, 2019
Cape town
Thanks for the info.Surprised it’s running old firmware on a week old bike.
So I should just keep everything as it is?
Can I theoretically change max speed of bike to anything?

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands
You have to understand, when these bikes are produced they go in storage and from storage direct to the retailer. it's up to the retailer to update the software and for example add fixes like new battery covers, etc. My bike was properly updated, but I could see the production date was november 2018, it had been in storage for 5 months. (They didnt update the battery cover, for example.)

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks for the info.Surprised it’s running old firmware on a week old bike.
So I should just keep everything as it is?
Can I theoretically change max speed of bike to anything?

I would leave it like it is for now at least in case you like to be able to adjust the speed via software (BLEvo). If not, I would ask your LBS to perform the update. It's one firmware update which brings the battery, motor and TCU to the latest version.

If you regret afterwards, there are also other hardware devices on the market which will help you to increase speed.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
You have to understand, when these bikes are produced they go in storage and from storage direct to the retailer. it's up to the retailer to update the software and for example add fixes like new battery covers, etc. My bike was properly updated, but I could see the production date was november 2018, it had been in storage for 5 months. (They didnt update the battery cover, for example.)

Hi Vilt, did you mean the battery cover or motor cover? I wasn't aware the battery cover also had a redesign.

Stringbean

Mar 9, 2019
Cape town
So sometimes it pays to have a sales person that’s a bit asleep.
I see some of the newer bikes (yt) running 29er front 650b rear.
What wheel circumference do you put in your app? Rear wheel?

Stringbean

Mar 9, 2019
Cape town
Where can you check the production date of your bike Vilt?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
So sometimes it pays to have a sales person that’s a bit asleep.
I see some of the newer bikes (yt) running 29er front 650b rear.
What wheel circumference do you put in your app? Rear wheel?

(y) In BLEvo you should always select the real wheel circumference. For the 29'ers it should be 2300mm. You should only modify the speed via the speed limit slider in BLEvo. Have fun!

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I remember it was on a sticker on the frame. I'm not sure it was specialized specific, or added by my LBS.

The sticker is applied by Specialized and is positioned above the rear shock at the underside of the top tube. Mine says it's manufactured at July 21st 2018.

Last edited:

Shaun

May 12, 2018
Saint Mary Bourne
Hi seeking words of wisdom form those in the know.

I have a 2017 Turbo Levo Expert and recently had a warranty replacement battery. Following the new battery fitment the z-works app no longer is functioning as it did before in terms of allowing an increase to the speed restriction and ride mode adjustment?

I'm not sure if this is because of the new battery firmware level, which I have provided a screen grab below along with the motor status.

I would be happy to switch across to BLEvo app if someone can confirm it will work with my current bikes motor/battery status?

1553787045744.png
1553787078663.png

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi seeking words of wisdom form those in the know.

I have a 2017 Turbo Levo Expert and recently had a warranty replacement battery. Following the new battery fitment the z-works app no longer is functioning as it did before in terms of allowing an increase to the speed restriction and ride mode adjustment?

I'm not sure if this is because of the new battery firmware level, which I have provided a screen grab below along with the motor status.

I would be happy to switch across to BLEvo app if someone can confirm it will work with my current bikes motor/battery status?

View attachment 12374 View attachment 12375

Hi,

Strange issue but I can tell you that if BLEvo does not work on a 2017 bike and battery you would really be the first. So I would just install the app and take the risk you might loose €9,99 as the risk is very limited.

If it works, please let us know.

Vanquish78

Mar 28, 2019
Poland
Hi everyone. Piotr from Poland here. I'm quite a newbie to BLEvo (only done a few rides with it) but love this app for it's battery saving capabilities. However, I'm experiencing a small glitch when using it with my 2018 Kenevo: when switching between support modes (eco/trail/turbo) with the handlebar remote (the one that comes stock with Kenevo), there is a huge delay in bike reaction to remote inputs. I have to press the remote several times to make the bike finally switch the support mode. It only happens when I ride on certain support mode for a longer time (circa 10 minutes) and then try to switch to different support mode. When it finally switches, and then I try to switch again, everything works fine (without any delay) as long as I'm switching through modes often enough. If I leave it again for longer in one mode, then the glitch (delay) comes back. It happens both switching up and down through the modes. When I'm using Mission Control, there's no delay what so ever. I'm using BLEvo (latest release) with IPhone 7 (iOS 11.4.1). When I ride, I have the phone in "sleep" (blocked) in my pocket. The bike is 2018 Kenevo, battery firmware 10.22.3, motor firmware 5.0.4. Do you have any idea what may cause this delay? It's really annoying, especially when I try to switch before sudden climb on the trail, when I need a burst of power… Any suggestions will be appreciated! Cheers!

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi everyone. Piotr from Poland here. I'm quite a newbie to BLEvo (only done a few rides with it) but love this app for it's battery saving capabilities. However, I'm experiencing a small glitch when using it with my 2018 Kenevo: when switching between support modes (eco/trail/turbo) with the handlebar remote (the one that comes stock with Kenevo), there is a huge delay in bike reaction to remote inputs. I have to press the remote several times to make the bike finally switch the support mode. It only happens when I ride on certain support mode for a longer time (circa 10 minutes) and then try to switch to different support mode. When it finally switches, and then I try to switch again, everything works fine (without any delay) as long as I'm switching through modes often enough. If I leave it again for longer in one mode, then the glitch (delay) comes back. It happens both switching up and down through the modes. When I'm using Mission Control, there's no delay what so ever. I'm using BLEvo (latest release) with IPhone 7 (iOS 11.4.1). When I ride, I have the phone in "sleep" (blocked) in my pocket. The bike is 2018 Kenevo, battery firmware 10.22.3, motor firmware 5.0.4. Do you have any idea what may cause this delay? It's really annoying, especially when I try to switch before sudden climb on the trail, when I need a burst of power… Any suggestions will be appreciated! Cheers!

Hi @Vanquish78 ,

Very strange issue...

The remote of the bike controls the eco/trail/turbo setting of the bike directly. The command isn't processed in BLEvo first. BLEvo only reads and displays the selected support setting. So if you really feel a delay in support for example when switching from eco to turbo then I think there is something worng with the bike. Maybe you require a bike firmware update? I would ask my LBS to support.

Vanquish78

Mar 28, 2019
Poland
Hi @Vanquish78 ,

Very strange issue...

The remote of the bike controls the eco/trail/turbo setting of the bike directly. The command isn't processed in BLEvo first. BLEvo only reads and displays the selected support setting. So if you really feel a delay in support for example when switching from eco to turbo then I think there is something worng with the bike. Maybe you require a bike firmware update? I would ask my LBS to support.
Thank you for the reply. Maybe I was not precise enough in my description. Again, when I ride for more than let's say 10 minutes in certain support mode, for instance in ECO, and then want to switch to TRAIL, I press the "+" on the remote and nothing happens - the bike does not switch to trail mode, no "beep" is heard. . I have to press the "+" several Times and then it finally reacts and changes to TRAIL. After that, when I try to switch again from TRAIL back to ECO or up to TURBO, and do it no later than those (circa) 10 minutes, everything works instantly. The glitch comes back only when I leave the bike in certain support mode for longer… I forgot to mention in my previous post that I'm using BLEvo in smart power mode, if it makes any difference...

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thank you for the reply. Maybe I was not precise enough in my description. Again, when I ride for more than let's say 10 minutes in certain support mode, for instance in ECO, and then want to switch to TRAIL, I press the "+" on the remote and nothing happens - the bike does not switch to trail mode, no "beep" is heard. . I have to press the "+" several Times and then it finally reacts and changes to TRAIL. After that, when I try to switch again from TRAIL back to ECO or up to TURBO, and do it no later than those (circa) 10 minutes, everything works instantly. The glitch comes back only when I leave the bike in certain support mode for longer… I forgot to mention in my previous post that I'm using BLEvo in smart power mode, if it makes any difference...

No thanks!

If you press the original support remote which comes with the Levo or Kenevo (so I don't mean the optional BLEvo O'Synce remote see BLEvo manual) the adjustment should be applied instantly. If that doesn't happen then it seems you have an issue which is most likely related to firmware. First make sure with fixed support settings (either Mission Control or BLEvo) that this works.

When it works you can start with smart power configuration. Also here delays in support can occur but these are actually meant to be delayed like for example when your HR is low and/or your leg power is set to a high level.

One other idea, are you sure you have set different support levels between Eco/Trail and Turbo? For example Eco 15/35, Trail 35/60, Turbo 60/100? You should feel the difference immediately when you select another mode. Try fixed support settings first.

Vanquish78

Mar 28, 2019
Poland
No thanks!

If you press the original support remote which comes with the Levo or Kenevo (so I don't mean the optional BLEvo O'Synce remote see BLEvo manual) the adjustment should be applied instantly. If that doesn't happen then it seems you have an issue which is most likely related to firmware. First make sure with fixed support settings (either Mission Control or BLEvo) that this works.

When it works you can start with smart power configuration. Also here delays in support can occur but these are actually meant to be delayed like for example when your HR is low and/or your leg power is set to a high level.

One other idea, are you sure you have set different support levels between Eco/Trail and Turbo? For example Eco 15/35, Trail 35/60, Turbo 60/100? You should feel the difference immediately when you select another mode. Try fixed support settings first.
I get your point. Power delivery is kind of a secondary problem. Main problem is lack of reaction to remote inputs after the bike stays in certain support mode for too long. When I finally manage to switch the mode to a different one, the change in power is felt instantly. I have BLEvo set to on board smart power setting "Set as Stefano", so it's ECO 4%-54%; TRAIL 26%-99%; TURBO 56%-100%, so the answer fro your question regarding different support levels is yes. I'll test the bike in fixed support and double check if the problem occurs or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles