Status
Not open for further replies.

Bplus

Apr 27, 2020
Nederland
I’m new to this forum And hope Some members can help me out. I’m riding a Turbo Levo Carbon for a few weeks now And reading on this forum for advice. Was thinking about buying a Garmin Edge 1030 with a belt but changed my mind after testing BLEvo for a few days now on my iPhone. Now the idea is to buy a Blackview phone And put Blevo on it. I see people talk about BV6000 and was surfing on the website of Blackview And see many different phones. Is BV6000 still the one to go for or do other models have benefits? And maybe also somebody can advice me what belt to combine this with, so i have a Nice set ? To complete this i would like to add a multiremote o-synce. Hope to receive Some help from you all! Thanks in advance ??

Keefb13

Apr 27, 2020
Kent, UK
Specialized confirms that you can use BLEvo without loosing the factory warranty if you don't use the speed unlock feature

I have a Kenevo Expert and love the app. I have removed the speed limit using the app.

I have a potential warranty issue now with my motor and I have read that if you use mission control to reset to factory setting that specialized won’t recognize the the speed restriction had been removed is this correct please?

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have a Kenevo Expert and love the app. I have removed the speed limit using the app.

I have a potential warranty issue now with my motor and I have read that if you use mission control to reset to factory setting that specialized won’t recognize the the speed restriction had been removed is this correct please?
Why you have to use Mission Control?
Reset the speed limit with BLEvo.. that's all..

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
The new version 3.5.9 of BLEvo for iOS is available on the Apple Store.
These are the updates:

- Added download limitation of 10000 titles at a time
- Bugfix: GPX import with coordinates with longitude less than -100
- Bugfix: GPX import with special files
- Bugfix: display of biker power and average engine on saved rides

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo.
Great. I am getting tired of my BV6000 unit so I am considering either buying a used iPhone to use instead. What bothers me most is the maps on iOS. Is it possible you will implement the same map data as the dowloadable maps on Android, ie openandromaps? The current map choices on iOS is not very good for looking at paths.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I’m new to this forum And hope Some members can help me out. I’m riding a Turbo Levo Carbon for a few weeks now And reading on this forum for advice. Was thinking about buying a Garmin Edge 1030 with a belt but changed my mind after testing BLEvo for a few days now on my iPhone. Now the idea is to buy a Blackview phone And put Blevo on it. I see people talk about BV6000 and was surfing on the website of Blackview And see many different phones. Is BV6000 still the one to go for or do other models have benefits? And maybe also somebody can advice me what belt to combine this with, so i have a Nice set ? To complete this i would like to add a multiremote o-synce. Hope to receive Some help from you all! Thanks in advance ??

Dear Bplus,

I can only tell you that I bought the BV6000 about 15 months ago and am still very happy with it. Yes, it's rather big and heavy but the phone is very robust and the internal battery is ideal for all day biking with screen always on. It also has a barometer which many other BV models don't have. I use it without SIM card and use openandro offline maps in combination with BLEvo. I also use a Wahoo Tickr HR belt and the O_Synce remote. For me still this is, at this moment, the ideal combination.

Bplus

Apr 27, 2020
Nederland
Dear Bplus,

I can only tell you that I bought the BV6000 about 15 months ago and am still very happy with it. Yes, it's rather big and heavy but the phone is very robust and the internal battery is ideal for all day biking with screen always on. It also has a barometer which many other BV models don't have. I use it without SIM card and use openandro offline maps in combination with BLEvo. I also use a Wahoo Tickr HR belt and the O_Synce remote. For me still this is, at this moment, the ideal combination.
i see now they are offered on AliExpress for less than €100, is this reliable? In normal webshops i see prices go above €200

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I used the BV6000 for a bit but ended up going back to my iphone.... I have an Iphone X I could run but ended up just using my 11Pro.... because there is no reason to bring two phones with me.

Bplus

Apr 27, 2020
Nederland
I used the BV6000 for a bit but ended up going back to my iphone.... I have an Iphone X I could run but ended up just using my 11Pro.... because there is no reason to bring two phones with me.
I also have a iPhone 11 Pro Max but was thinking about crashing with the bike, rain, mudd,etc. I thought if I put a Sim in this BV6000 I have a nice alternative for a Garmin And I can also call with it, don’t have to bring my regular phone when I’m on the bike. Or do you have your IPhone protected in a nice way? Battery is also not a problem for using Blevo for a few hours?

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I just use the Quad Lock case and have a screen protector... the bars and front tire prevent the phone from being hit. I've wrecked about every way possible and with the phone mounted directly over the stem on a quad lock it's not going to get hit.

Bplus

Apr 27, 2020
Nederland
I just use the Quad Lock case and have a screen protector... the bars and front tire prevent the phone from being hit. I've wrecked about every way possible and with the phone mounted directly over the stem on a quad lock it's not going to get hit.
Ok, this also sounds as a good solution then! Quad Lock together with a good screenprotector gives enough protection for some heavy rain what suddenly pops up?! Or you take it off when this happens..? And few hours Blevo is your battery still ok?

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Ok, this also sounds as a good solution then! Quad Lock together with a good screenprotector gives enough protection for some heavy rain what suddenly pops up?! Or you take it off when this happens..? And few hours Blevo is your battery still ok?

The Iphone 11 is waterproof (resistant?) and the phone battery outlasts the 700Wh bike battery!

I've been riding with this set up for a year, and had some major wrecks, and ridden in some torrential downpours with no issues.

Bplus

Apr 27, 2020
Nederland
The Iphone 11 is waterproof (resistant?) and the phone battery outlasts the 700Wh bike battery!

I've been riding with this set up for a year, and had some major wrecks, and ridden in some torrential downpours with no issues.
Thanks Grantini, this info/experience gives me another point of view what is possible ??

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Super Maastricht, thanks for your support ?
I assume i can reply to you in dutch, but to inform the other members as well we keep it in englisch ???

Yes, we can talk in our secret language but I will keep in english for now. ;)

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks Grantini, this info/experience gives me another point of view what is possible ??

I have an iPhone 8 as well with which I started in combination with a waterproof and shock absorbing Topeak case. After a few months I decided to follow Paolo's recommendations. (BV6000, BLEvo Android version, O_Synce remote and GUB phone holder) I don't regret that choice. Still every ride very happy with that combination.

I am also more or less addicted to iOS instead of Android. However after testing BLEvo on iOS and Android I can conclude that the BLEvo Android version is much more detailed and offers more functions.

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
I paid about €150 including import taxes for a BV6000. (there also exists a cheaper BV6000S)

hi everybody,

i've been having issues with my bv6000s - i'm an android noob, so it could be operator error, but i think my memory is full. and i think that's why paolo recommends the bv6000 - more capacity.

also - the process of downloading the maps ahead of time was quite teadious and now has totally stopped functioning.

the bv6000s and glub mount worked well for about a year, but now, i am frustrated.

again, i'm terrible with any device not made by apple so maybe i'm just doing it wrong.
i would recommend against bv600s.

i'm going to try my iphone 6s and see how the battery lasts etc. i wonder if the gps on an iPhone is as good as the bv?

Maastricht, do you use the map in BLEvo to navigate? If so, how is it working these days? And, which map do you use?

thanks and aloha,
dc in ca

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley

i really enjoy reliving my ride through the data collected afterwards and i have found that multiple devices and apps is really helpful. it is a little burdensome at times stopping and starting and syncing everything, but when something goes wrong, i'm always happy to have back up or verification.

i carry my iPhone in my pocket and it is synced with fitbit and my optical wrist heart rate monitor (blaze) then i put the bv600s on the bars for data and navigation and i sync my polar h10 chest strap to polar beat and BLEvo. lately the h10 loses connection to the polar beat app in the middle of rides which is frustrating afterwards, but stays connected to BLEvo so i can always see what my hr is during the ride.

it has been helpful to have two gps devices tracking to compare speed, distance, elevation. and the hr data backup is nice too. i guess i'm a little neurotic about it, but i do find it disappointing when i cannot muster gps and hr data for my strava records.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
hi everybody,

i've been having issues with my bv6000s - i'm an android noob, so it could be operator error, but i think my memory is full. and i think that's why paolo recommends the bv6000 - more capacity.

also - the process of downloading the maps ahead of time was quite teadious and now has totally stopped functioning.

the bv6000s and glub mount worked well for about a year, but now, i am frustrated.

again, i'm terrible with any device not made by apple so maybe i'm just doing it wrong.
i would recommend against bv600s.

i'm going to try my iphone 6s and see how the battery lasts etc. i wonder if the gps on an iPhone is as good as the bv?

Maastricht, do you use the map in BLEvo to navigate? If so, how is it working these days? And, which map do you use?

thanks and aloha,
dc in ca

Hi,

I don't recognize your issues but maybe they are related to the memory difference between the BV6000 (which I have) and the BV6000S (which you have). I am not sure.

Regarding the maps I always use the openandromaps which are of good quality for my rides here in Europe.

rochrunner

Mar 30, 2020
Rochester Hills, MI, USA
Looking for info from anyone to clear up my confusion over the version numbers for various parts of these bikes. For reference, my Battery Monitor screen is below. This is for a Vado so things might not match up with the Levo series. Mainly my questions are:

- What "Hardware" is this the version of?
- Also, which "Firmware" version is displayed?
- What about the two numbers in the "TCU Version" box?
- Any others that are not displayed here or are shown elsewhere?

Thanks!

Battery monitor.png

Joop E-Bike

Mar 2, 2020
Spain
Today my first ride after seven days of weeks in Lockdown very ? I have been using the Blevo app for quite some time, I have a question if I drive down a slope without power and then have to drive up again then it always takes three pedal revolutions before I get power, is this the App or for some other reason.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Today my first ride after seven days of weeks in Lockdown very ? I have been using the Blevo app for quite some time, I have a question if I drive down a slope without power and then have to drive up again then it always takes three pedal revolutions before I get power, is this the App or for some other reason.
Are you using Smart Power?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Looking for info from anyone to clear up my confusion over the version numbers for various parts of these bikes. For reference, my Battery Monitor screen is below. This is for a Vado so things might not match up with the Levo series. Mainly my questions are:

- What "Hardware" is this the version of?
- Also, which "Firmware" version is displayed?
- What about the two numbers in the "TCU Version" box?
- Any others that are not displayed here or are shown elsewhere?

Thanks!

View attachment 29998
All the version numbers come from the bike..
Firmware is the software versione of the battery.
Hardware is the hardware versione of the battery
TCU version is the software version of the display or TCU..

Locutus

May 2, 2020
Slovakia
Hi Paolo,

first of all i hope you are doing well and everything is ok.
Secondly i would like to ask you for a favor. Few months ago my Specialized Turbo Levo 2019 was stolen. And i literally found everywhere with no luck and then i bought new Levo.

But recently i came with idea that Blevo ( and also Mission Control ) know if certain bike with serial number was added and is using Blevo. I hope that you can see which serial number of bikes are using your app. I would like to ask you if it would be possible to check if my old bike was paired with blevo app ( i didnt pair the old/stolen bike with blevo - so if yes it had to be only the thief) . I can send you also police report and serial number if you would be so kind to check it.

Thank you

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles