Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Any reason why speed always reverts back to 15mph since last ios update? I try to change the speed to 20 mph on my Levo or 28 on my Creo and when I look back at the setting it always changes to 15. This only started after the recent ios update. Not todays.

boneht

Sep 22, 2019
oxon
I suggest to you to modify the "assistance increase" value, from +2 to Auto.. I don't know if I understand well you question..

Sorry, I don't think I explained myself very well, when using expert smart power there are two places where a wattage parameter can be set, one for each mode and one globally (training biker power). If I set the power to 152W in eco mode for example, what affect does the global parameter have?

Also, I have tried the auto modes and I don't like them, even eco is too reactive, making twisty trailriding unpleasant.

I have some suggestions for future releases, should I post them here?

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Any reason why speed always reverts back to 15mph since last ios update? I try to change the speed to 20 mph on my Levo or 28 on my Creo and when I look back at the setting it always changes to 15. This only started after the recent ios update. Not todays.
I don't think is a problem of the latest version of BLEvo.. Creo cannot be unlocked and which Levo model you have? Maybe also the Levo cannot be unlocked..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Sorry, I don't think I explained myself very well, when using expert smart power there are two places where a wattage parameter can be set, one for each mode and one globally (training biker power). If I set the power to 152W in eco mode for example, what affect does the global parameter have?

Also, I have tried the auto modes and I don't like them, even eco is too reactive, making twisty trailriding unpleasant.

I have some suggestions for future releases, should I post them here?
Yes, post them here..
Nothing happens to global training biker power if you change the value in eco mode..

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
I don't think is a problem of the latest version of BLEvo.. Creo cannot be unlocked and which Levo model you have? Maybe also the Levo cannot be unlocked..

Creo in USA is set at 28mph. It used to work. Now the Blevo app resets the speed down to 15.
I have a 2018 Levo Expert which should be 20mph in US also resets down.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Creo in USA is set at 28mph. It used to work. Now the Blevo app resets the speed down to 15.
I have a 2018 Levo Expert which should be 20mph in US also resets down.
In US the speed limit indicated by BLEvo is not correct...sorry but I'm not able to detect if the bike is in US or not..

boneht

Sep 22, 2019
oxon
Few suggestions, appreciate some of them maybe not possible due to motor limitations but here goes anyway. Great app, highly recommend!

1. I'd like it if the mode setting didn't interact with each other, eg I'd like eco range to be 40-80%, trail to be 10-100. This is because I don't change between eco and trail other than when I change terrain. I'd like eco to be a road gear and trail my off-road gear.

2. Further to above it would be great to be able to set an assistance limit to eco so that it emulates the legal restriction (my bike is derestricted)

3. It would be great if some of the global parameters could be made mode specific, e.g the assistance increase and dynamic leg power settings.

4. I am prone to pedalling too fast, when I have the phone visible I can see but mostly I ride with it in my pocket. It would be handy of I could be warned with a beep or something if I exceed a specified cadence
5. The display. I'd love the option to be able to see the smart widgets for rider power etc and the Map on the screen together. There is enough room on my display but the config options don't support it.

MrWh1t3

Apr 18, 2020
Germany
Hi, I've googled for over an hour now, but I don't find an answer: I use a 2019 Levo in combination with a Wahoo Roam to navigate and Blevo to configure everything. I want to use Smart Power. Can I use Smart Power without having to start a tour in Blevo? I don't want to do Blevo anything else then adjusting the power input to save battery on my phone.

rochrunner

Mar 30, 2020
Rochester Hills, MI, USA
Hey @PaoloBLEvo . Did you ever check on why the app doesn't recognize my 504Wh battery and identifies as 450Wh? I suspect it has something to do with the blank Serial Number field? Thanks for looking into this. Let me know if there is any info that I can give you. I'm using Android 10 on a Pixel 3a.

Battery monitor.png

Last edited:

Girdermonkey

Jul 13, 2019
Hereford
Good afternoon all
Bit of a strange one I planned a 20 mile route on komoot yesterday and set my blevo to eco all happy days and tracked it perfectly.
Thought I would do the same ride in reverse today the only thing different I tried the race pre set,I have just finished and blevo thinks I've only done 9 miles?? Although same route/elevation and time.
Any ideas guys?
Cheers

boneht

Sep 22, 2019
oxon
Good afternoon all
Bit of a strange one I planned a 20 mile route on komoot yesterday and set my blevo to eco all happy days and tracked it perfectly.
Thought I would do the same ride in reverse today the only thing different I tried the race pre set,I have just finished and blevo thinks I've only done 9 miles?? Although same route/elevation and time.
Any ideas guys?
Cheers

Did you end the ride and start a new one?

Girdermonkey

Jul 13, 2019
Hereford
Have you checked the map and the log, perhaps you lost GPS or the bike disconnected for part of the ride?
Yea I have checked the map/log and all looks good,maybe your right I could have lost gps temporarily although it has happend in the past and you get a straight line across the map to where you get gps again...strange one

boneht

Sep 22, 2019
oxon
Yea I have checked the map/log and all looks good,maybe your right I could have lost gps temporarily although it has happend in the past and you get a straight line across the map to where you get gps again...strange one
I did a ride the other day where it lost GPS at the start and only recorded half the route. It did however record the correct distance during the ride.

Apr 10, 2020
Portugal
Hi #PaoloBLEvo,

I bought a Turbo Levo 3 days ago in a Specialized dealer in Portugal, and he told me if i use your APP (wich i do...?) i would lose my factory warranty. I explained him your answer concerning the CM less than 20 and the all the rest that you explained, but he strongly affirms that if i use it i will lose the warranty.
So i am starting to use the Mission Control App, but i would like very much that your app would be approved by them... any thoughts about it?
Regards

Tiago

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Hi #PaoloBLEvo,

I bought a Turbo Levo 3 days ago in a Specialized dealer in Portugal, and he told me if i use your APP (wich i do...?) i would lose my factory warranty. I explained him your answer concerning the CM less than 20 and the all the rest that you explained, but he strongly affirms that if i use it i will lose the warranty.
So i am starting to use the Mission Control App, but i would like very much that your app would be approved by them... any thoughts about it?
Regards

Tiago

I can't imagine that... I'm getting a new motor this week under warranty and I've used BLevo every ride for 700 miles

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi #PaoloBLEvo,

Regards

Tiago
Specialized confirms that you can use BLEvo without loosing the factory warranty if you don't use the speed unlock feature

GDAS

Sep 19, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi @PaoloBLEvo
I've been doing some rides on my Levo with SmartPower&HR and enjoying seeing how economical it can be with the battery. However, I have a question about average consumption per mile.

On today's ride I did 24.86 miles consuming 110Wh of battery, 110/24.86 = 4.42 Wh/mile

The screenshot below, which I get to see by choosing 'more details', shows 6.93 Wh/mile.

The screenshot below that, which is the overview one for the ride, shows 4.31 Wh/mile which is much closer to my calculation.

Can you explain why the figures on these two screenshots are different.
Many thanks

Screenshot_2020-04-20-18-30-53.png

Screenshot_2020-04-20-18-29-23.png

rochrunner

Mar 30, 2020
Rochester Hills, MI, USA
Hi @PaoloBLEvo
I've been doing some rides on my Levo with SmartPower&HR and enjoying seeing how economical it can be with the battery. However, I have a question about average consumption per mile.

On today's ride I did 24.86 miles consuming 110Wh of battery, 110/24.86 = 4.42 Wh/mile

The screenshot below, which I get to see by choosing 'more details', shows 6.93 Wh/mile.

The screenshot below that, which is the overview one for the ride, shows 4.31 Wh/mile which is much closer to my calculation.

Can you explain why the figures on these two screenshots are different.
Many thanks
I've noticed a number of what seem to be inconsistencies in values displayed. In your case, if you do the conversion you'll find that 6.93 is 1.61 x 4.31, where 1.61 is the number of kilometers in a mile. IOW, there's a mistake in the app where the miles to km conversion is not being done. I'm not sure this is happening in other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles