Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwazzer

Oct 10, 2018
Cumbria UK
Wheelsize can't be reset in the MC App. You need to use a 3rd party App to do that. If Blevo doesn't work you can also try the LightBlue App (free App) to re-set the wheel size to the original number (2300). The HEX code for 2300 is "0200fc08". You have to overwrite the number current value with that in LightBlue.
My bike is a Kenevo, so the wheel size is 2255...gonna reset everything I think and run it as normal! It really was great with BLEvo, but I can’t risk that warranty!

Topham

Nov 2, 2018
North Wales
I’m in the same situation. Although my firmware is 2.019 and in theory I should be able to adjust my speed. My worry is as you said the warranty if something goes wrong. It’s just not worth it on a 7k plus bike

Hannes_3000

Sep 14, 2018
Stuttgart
Just fyi - New Engine comes with 6.1.0. TCU Version is 19b
Both Blevo and Lightblue cant connect anymore.
According to Paolo it depends on the TCU firmware (not the engine firmware) if you can change the speed limit - or not...

TCU version 2.019 or V1.7.0 = wheel size and speed limit are changeable

TCU version 2.025 = wheel size and speed limit are NOT changeable.

Uwek604

Nov 3, 2018
any luck?
Very long story...after the last ride my girl friend said there is something wrong, was before using Blevo....i searched like hell what can be wrong after trying Blevo...I found that the reed contact of the speed sensor does not work. I tested with an old sigma sport sensor, and the problem is solved.Now I'm waiting for a new sensor.So long I ride wit the old sigma sport speedometer soldered on the Specialized Speed sensor plug.......crazy....but my bike is running....with original values....have to try Blevo again when my new sensor is in the bike:giggle::giggle::giggle::poop:shit happens....not a blevo problem

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Sure MC can connect. With Blevo screen hang after „Reading Settings...“
I use latest Blevo iOS version
Please try to reinstall it.. You should have the version 3.1.2, because in the version 3.1.1 there was a bug in the connection procedure..

Davecol

Nov 10, 2018
New Zealand
Hi team i have a 2019 Kenevo running BLEvo, when I went to go for a ride the other night I flipped the bike upside down to lube the chain and the battery switched on on it’s own, it was beeping with 3 red led’s flashing, I couldn’t switch it off or stop it so I disconnected the battery and took a good look at it on the bench, assuming it could be water because I had washed it a few days earlier (just with a running hose not pressure) I pulled the switch cover off to reveal the led’s and micro switches and yes the was water in there, there was also some dirt sitting in the bottom of the switch so I guess it had a faulty seal for a while, it was still beeping and couldn’t be switched off so I got a hair drier and started warming the switch area up to dry it out, when it started to dry the battery had a mind of its own switching on and off, figuring I was in for a trip to the LBS I wanted to remove the wheel hack, I could connect to it with BLEvo but couldn’t change the wheel size because I couldn’t cycle the battery to make it stick.
Anyway it took it to the LBS they said there had been a batch of batteries with faulty switch seals but they would download the file from the battery and send it to specialized - specialized come back and say that it has a faulty cell as well as water ingress through the switch, there is no warranty because it’s been running a 3rd party program, My point is that the 3rd party program had nothing to do with a faulty seal or a dead cell and that it is a warranty issue still.
I’m left with having to buy a new battery now which is frustrating, has anyone had issues like this with Specialized
Pleased to say I just got a call from my local shop Village Cycles to say Specialized were replacing the battery for me - awesome result thanks, I can never speak highly enough about the Kenevo, for where we ride it’s the ultimate machine, good of the guys to replace the battery for me that’s restored my faith in the brand big time :)

5B4A2DAC-72E4-4AD5-B66B-32B80DF43A74.jpeg

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
Hi @PaoloBLEvo. I cant find consumed kcal in BLEvo’s bike monitor (ios version). There is the info that you added this info in version 3.0.2. Am I doing something wrong?

MTBGUY65

Nov 15, 2018
Oregon
My dealer where I bought my bike is wanting me to bring my bike in to get a firmware update and I am assuming they are going to upgrade my bike to TCU version 2.025 and I am currently on TCU version 2.019
I want to be able to use the features on version 2.025.

My questions are am I going to be able to keep the settings I currently have on my bike (speed limit change) or will they get wiped out and put back to the defaults for the bike.
Also I know there is no for sure answer on this one but is their going to be chance we will see an update for BLevo that will allow (speed limit change) to be made on version 2.025 or is their an absolute no?

Does anyone know if their are any advantages to upgrading the firmware to 2.025 that would be beneficial to my bike?

My bike is the 2019 Turbo Levo Expert.

Topham

Nov 2, 2018
North Wales
I find the whole
Speed limit thing a joke tbh. I mean, could you imagine if car manufacturers started rounding off wheel nuts to stop people changing the wheels? Or if they rounded the engine mount bolts of incase someone decided to put a bigger engine in.

The fact that they sell the bikes compliant is all that matters. I may decided to put a 100cc engine in mine next (not that I would). Responsibility should end when it leaves the front door

skiboycey

Oct 22, 2018
Tignes, France
I find the whole
Speed limit thing a joke tbh. I mean, could you imagine if car manufacturers started rounding off wheel nuts to stop people changing the wheels? Or if they rounded the engine mount bolts of incase someone decided to put a bigger engine in.

The fact that they sell the bikes compliant is all that matters. I may decided to put a 100cc engine in mine next (not that I would). Responsibility should end when it leaves the front door

I agree in principle but, as I find when running my company in Europe, the various laws don't allow this. It 'can' be argued that if someone sells something and they allow the user to fiddle around with the speed and they then have an accident on it that the manufacturer can end up being liable. Although none of us now think we'd ever do this it's surprising how people change their tune once they start looking at the reality of life after breaking their neck. Or more commonly the rider ends up in a vegetative state and the lawyer acting for the family or the estate sees an opportunity to blame the fact that they headbutted a tree flat out on Specialized for 'allowing' the rider to change the speed limit. It's not that simple, of course, but it happens.

You cannot believe what people have tried to sue me for over the years in the Ski Chalet business. One person ignored our advice to go outside in a big storm, walked past a sign forbidding pedestrians from walking along a road and got caught in an avalanche and then sued us for 'not locking the doors'. And guess what would have happened if we'd locked the doors and there'd been a fire? I'd have told this miserable individual to sod off but our insurers settled out of court and I couldn't stop them from doing so.

So I'd say don't come down on a big company like Specialized too heavily. They are riders, I suspect they all adjust their own bikes and want to leave it open to be changed but the company lawyers may well override them. It's modern business life. Workarounds are to put warnings in place, make the change only accessible with a code (which is then somehow leaked out), allow the change for 'off-road use only' and so on. All work, all have risks. The legal department will weigh up the lost sales for those who want to change the speed (not much, probably) against the risk of a big legal battle with the family of a rider who's now become tetraplegic and requires 24 hour care a day for perhaps 50 years of remaining life. Unfortunately for those of us who like our fun (on my Levo 2018 the speed limit is set to 45Kph!) the risk/lost sales/loss of reputation equation more often than not comes down on the side of 'less fun, less freedom, more safety for the company shareholders and directors'.

In my company we have to do the same - I used to take guests skiing off-piste. Not any more. Too dangerous for my personal wealth and my company future. I don't even recommend where they can ski on a particular day. I don't even recommend a mountain restaurant in case they get ill there. Shame, isn't it?

A viable workaround is to say the wheel size can be changed for different tyres and wheel sizes and then allow people to discover the hack to make the wheel tiny which is what they did on the pre 2019 models. Perhaps the lawyers have said that the hack is so widespread now that the company could not deny knowing about it anymore? Who knows? This might, however, mean a new one is lurking in the code somewhere waiting to be discovered...

If I had one I'd have a poke about in the firmware as I used to be a coder. But I don't and am busy enough already. Good luck to those who are undoubtedly trying to crack it now. Don't forget you can still put a device on to change the magnet output to double the speed which, whilst more expensive and less elegant, does work on almost anything. Until they start using Canbus like they do on cars to code the speed sensor to the motor, of course, and then we're probably all f**ked...

Regards, Mark

RickW

Oct 2, 2018
UK
Couple of questions what is in 2.0.25 Fw that has changed over 2.0.19

As to the long post above - would slightly screw the business model for every high end automotive manufacturer which is rather more products if the logic of speed limitation on ebikes due to legislation for the same legal reason was to all automobiles and motorbikes

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi guys new to this, just bought a kenevo comp, want to get blevo and was wondering if everything works with the 1.2 motor thanks.
Sure.. Kenevo has the "old" battery type and BLEvo was developed on this type of battery.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
My dealer where I bought my bike is wanting me to bring my bike in to get a firmware update and I am assuming they are going to upgrade my bike to TCU version 2.025 and I am currently on TCU version 2.019

My questions are am I going to be able to keep the settings I currently have on my bike (speed limit change) or will they get wiped out and put back to the defaults for the bike.
Also I know there is no for sure answer on this one but is their going to be chance we will see an update for BLevo that will allow (speed limit change) to be made on version 2.025 or is their an absolute no?

Does anyone know if their are any advantages to upgrading the firmware to 2.025 that would be beneficial to my bike?

It will reset the bike. You say you want to be able to use the features of the upgrade, like what? I don't remember seeing a list of features.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark

I think the main reason why the dealer wants you to come in and update is to prevent you from de-restricting it as well proporly be able to monitor if you tamper with the firmware in any way. If you are happy with the performance of your bike then I would not do it.

Karsten

RickW

Oct 2, 2018
UK
so if there is nothing critical or amazing in the new software the general consensus is leave well alone on .19 rather than move to .25

E-Biker67

Oct 31, 2018
Germany
Got my replacement engine yesterday and unfortunately the guy have updated the TCU to version 2.025.
So I keep my fingers crossed that Paolo will be able to find a solution ?.

Dfriz

Mar 16, 2018
USA
Pleased to say I just got a call from my local shop Village Cycles to say Specialized were replacing the battery for me - awesome result thanks, I can never speak highly enough about the Kenevo, for where we ride it’s the ultimate machine, good of the guys to replace the battery for me that’s restored my faith in the brand big time :)

View attachment 7621
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
The below is a response from my bike shop who recieved the below message from Specialized (we are not supposed to know this!!!!)

I've received a reply from Specialized overnight. Please see below for their response.
At the moment we are aware of only one way to see if the bike has been hacked. By looking at the wheel circumference in the diagnostics report that can be generated in the Mission Control. If the wheel circumference is lower then 2000 (around the 800) it usually means it's hacked. Unfortunately this information can be restored to factory defaults in Mission Control as well - so it's not a 100% accurate method.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles