Status
Not open for further replies.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Great thanks

So I’m assuming I’m adjusting the wheels size and not the actual speed restriction?

If you have a different wheel size then you would change the wheel size, but if you want to change the speed limit you would change the speed limit. :)

Paolo said: "Please, I repeat again. In BLEvo you MUST enter the real wheel size." See his post #833 in this thread for more detail.

Topham

Nov 2, 2018
North Wales
If you have a different wheel size then you would change the wheel size, but if you want to change the speed limit you would change the speed limit. :)

Paolo said: "Please, I repeat again. In BLEvo you MUST enter the real wheel size." See his post #833 in this thread for more detail.
Ahh I see. This is where I’m getting confused

Grez

Oct 25, 2018
Derby
Apple watch users how do you find the watch connectivity for HR and BLEvo, mine is always dropping out and inconsistent. any tips or tricks?

RichP

Jul 15, 2018
Chesterfield
Apple watch users how do you find the watch connectivity for HR and BLEvo, mine is always dropping out and inconsistent. any tips or tricks?
Mine too...it was almost useless at controlling the smart heart rate feature. I ended up buying a Smartlabs HRM from Amazon for £29...works a treat!

JoeJoe

Nov 10, 2018
Germany
Hi Paolo, just purchased BLEvo.
Acctually I just bourgth today my new Levo 2019, unfortunately TUC 2.025 .Sorry for being straight forward, so you have any idea IF or even better we WHEN do you believe getting this issue with 2.025 fixed ?
2 weeks ago I used another Levo 2019 and altered the speed limit. At this time I wasnˋt aware of different battery/software versions, otherwise I would buy the specialzed 2019, b/c I have a tuned 2018 as well.

Any update on this issue would be highly appreciated.
Keep up with your great work

Joe

Davecol

Nov 10, 2018
New Zealand
Hi team i have a 2019 Kenevo running BLEvo, when I went to go for a ride the other night I flipped the bike upside down to lube the chain and the battery switched on on it’s own, it was beeping with 3 red led’s flashing, I couldn’t switch it off or stop it so I disconnected the battery and took a good look at it on the bench, assuming it could be water because I had washed it a few days earlier (just with a running hose not pressure) I pulled the switch cover off to reveal the led’s and micro switches and yes the was water in there, there was also some dirt sitting in the bottom of the switch so I guess it had a faulty seal for a while, it was still beeping and couldn’t be switched off so I got a hair drier and started warming the switch area up to dry it out, when it started to dry the battery had a mind of its own switching on and off, figuring I was in for a trip to the LBS I wanted to remove the wheel hack, I could connect to it with BLEvo but couldn’t change the wheel size because I couldn’t cycle the battery to make it stick.
Anyway it took it to the LBS they said there had been a batch of batteries with faulty switch seals but they would download the file from the battery and send it to specialized - specialized come back and say that it has a faulty cell as well as water ingress through the switch, there is no warranty because it’s been running a 3rd party program, My point is that the 3rd party program had nothing to do with a faulty seal or a dead cell and that it is a warranty issue still.
I’m left with having to buy a new battery now which is frustrating, has anyone had issues like this with Specialized

Uwek604

Nov 3, 2018
Hi Paolo,
I Know its sunday, just purchased your app (android) for my MY 19.
Blevo is seeing the bike gut dosen't connect.
Nothing happend ....Batterie fimware update 0%.....
What's the problem...?
(I know maybe its me) :)
Regards Uwe

Hannes_3000

Sep 14, 2018
Stuttgart
Hi Paolo,
I Know its sunday, just purchased your app (android) for my MY 19.
Blevo is seeing the bike gut dosen't connect.
Nothing happend ....Batterie fimware update 0%.....
What's the problem...?
(I know maybe its me) :)
Regards Uwe
Have you already paired your bike with the phone using the 6-digit code that came with the bike?
If not then that might be the problem...

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,
Can you use in SMART POWER setting in TURBO over 49%, example 89%?
Thank you
The configuration depends by firmware version.. on the user manual there are different setup in function of the firmware version.. let me know if something is not clear.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I noticed from various posts that some BLEvo users are getting confused. (especially the ones who own the 2019 model) The background of the current issues are related to the TCU version. With TCU version 2.019 you are still able to adjust speed limits via BLEvo. Just like you were used to do with the previous Levo generations.

However when your bike is updated by the dealer to TCU version 2.025 for now we have to disappoint you as we haven’t found a solution yet for the speed adjustment. Please be aware that you can still use all other features and benefits of BLEvo. For example all the smart functions and the better screen layout compared to MC. Be aware that we are actively working on a TCU 2.025 solution as well but please don’t keep asking on the forum when exactly the update will come while the development can take some time.

Regarding the BLEvo wheel circumference and speed limit settings we would like to share the following:

• BLEvo changes automatically the right wheel circumference within MC and the bike software by ONLY adjusting the speed limit setting in BLEvo. With other words, you ONLY need to change the speed limit setting in BLEvo if you would like to change the speed.
  • BLEvo is using it's own wheel circumference setting (this setting is not linked to the wheel circumference setting in MC) for calculating the real travel distance based on the real wheel size which are fitted to the bike. Therefore in BLEvo you MUST ALWAYS insert the REAL wheel circumference, the wheel circumference displayed in Mission Control will be a mathematical result of the REAL wheel size and the speed limit setting in BLEvo.

You will notice that the wheel circumference value in MC will reduce when you set a higher speed limit in BLEvo. Therefore it’s useless to try and set a wheel circumference of for example 2100 in BLEvo by hoping it increases the speed limit. This will only result in an incorrect count of km and speed in BLEvo.

Finally, remember that when changing speed limit settings you need to store these in the Levo. Therefore the battery must be connected to the engine and the bike needs to be switched on. Then after changing the speed limit in BLEvo (which results in another wheel circumference setting in the Levo TCU), the battery must be switched off and then on again to make the change effective.

Thanks to the user who help me to answer to new guys who are for the first time approcing to Levo, BLEvo, wheel size and speed limit

Uwek604

Nov 3, 2018
Have you already paired your bike with the phone using the 6-digit code that came with the bike?
If not then that might be the problem...
.....I could start Blevo.....but now my bike stopped the engine...I entered wheel size ans speed Limit as shown in paolos chart....it runs for 50 meters than it stopps and I got red & blue light " engine failure" I think....now I need real help
...........Please....two days old the bike

20181111_172802.jpg

Uwek604

Nov 3, 2018
I noticed from various posts that some BLEvo users are getting confused. (especially the ones who own the 2019 model) The background of the current issues are related to the TCU version. With TCU version 2.019 you are still able to adjust speed limits via BLEvo. Just like you were used to do with the previous Levo generations.

However when your bike is updated by the dealer to TCU version 2.025 for now we have to disappoint you as we haven’t found a solution yet for the speed adjustment. Please be aware that you can still use all other features and benefits of BLEvo. For example all the smart functions and the better screen layout compared to MC. Be aware that we are actively working on a TCU 2.025 solution as well but please don’t keep asking on the forum when exactly the update will come while the development can take some time.

Regarding the BLEvo wheel circumference and speed limit settings we would like to share the following:

• BLEvo changes automatically the right wheel circumference within MC and the bike software by ONLY adjusting the speed limit setting in BLEvo. With other words, you ONLY need to change the speed limit setting in BLEvo if you would like to change the speed.
  • BLEvo is using it's own wheel circumference setting (this setting is not linked to the wheel circumference setting in MC) for calculating the real travel distance based on the real wheel size which are fitted to the bike. Therefore in BLEvo you MUST ALWAYS insert the REAL wheel circumference, the wheel circumference displayed in Mission Control will be a mathematical result of the REAL wheel size and the speed limit setting in BLEvo.

You will notice that the wheel circumference value in MC will reduce when you set a higher speed limit in BLEvo. Therefore it’s useless to try and set a wheel circumference of for example 2100 in BLEvo by hoping it increases the speed limit. This will only result in an incorrect count of km and speed in BLEvo.

Finally, remember that when changing speed limit settings you need to store these in the Levo. Therefore the battery must be connected to the engine and the bike needs to be switched on. Then after changing the speed limit in BLEvo (which results in another wheel circumference setting in the Levo TCU), the battery must be switched off and then on again to make the change effective.

Thanks to the user who help me to answer to new guys who are for the first time approcing to Levo, BLEvo, wheel size and speed limit
Please read my post above and help me .....I have Tcu 2019
Regards Uwe

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
No chance to change to the original settings? Do you have a chart with the original values...My mistake because i did not make a copy...
You can reset settings to factory default using the Mission Control App. I would pop the battery out of the frame, clean all connections re-install and make sure plug from battery to motor is clean and secure before resetting any settings.

Uwek604

Nov 3, 2018
You can reset settings to factory default using the Mission Control App. I would pop the battery out of the frame, clean all connections re-install and make sure plug from battery to motor is clean and secure before resetting any settings.
MC does not set the wheel size...whats the original value for MY19...didnt write it down...was to happy getting Blevo connected after x times trying it...

Dwazzer

Oct 10, 2018
Cumbria UK
MC does not set the wheel size...whats the original value for MY19...didnt write it down...was to happy getting Blevo connected after x times trying it...
I’m pretty sure it is a standard value in Mission Control, when you run it, it should set all the values to their original settings ?

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
A factory reset before any warranty work should take away any issues. However, I wouldn't be using Mission Control App v2.x (MC) to restore to factory settings, because Specialized collects technical data from your bike whilst connected to the app.

Instead of using MC, I recommend owners of 2019 Levo use this procedure from owners manual to perform a factory reset:
ResetTCU.png

For older Levo (with power button on side of the battery), I have checked owners manual and
Levo Retailer Technical Guide and could not find any similar procedure. So your only option is to use the old MC v1.x App (if you still have it).

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
For older Levo, there was nothing to prevent someone else modifying your motor settings because no access code was required, so you can't be accused of doing something that voided your warranty.

Maybe get a friend who will never own a Specialized bike to install MC App and register.
And then perform factory reset (without an internet connection (for extra precaution)).

Dwazzer

Oct 10, 2018
Cumbria UK
I’m pretty sure it is a standard value in Mission Control, when you run it, it should set all the values to their original settings ?
Just tried...it doesn’t! The wheel size is wrong on MC! Need to re-set in BLEvo ? I’m worried now that the warranty is voided on my 2 week old bike! ☹️ Hope I don’t have any issues with it ?

Hannes_3000

Sep 14, 2018
Stuttgart
Just tried...it doesn’t! The wheel size is wrong on MC! Need to re-set in BLEvo ? I’m worried now that the warranty is voided on my 2 week old bike! ☹️ Hope I don’t have any issues with it ?
Wheelsize can't be reset in the MC App. You need to use a 3rd party App to do that. If Blevo doesn't work you can also try the LightBlue App (free App) to re-set the wheel size to the original number (2300). The HEX code for 2300 is "0200fc08". You have to overwrite the current value with that HEX code in LightBlue.

PS: send me a PN if you don't know how to use LightBlue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles