The MTB videos Thread. Funny, Serious, Cool ... Share them here.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
The right amount of stupid.

It would be awesome to see it race in the very specific conditions it was designed for, as that dude suggested :LOL:. I thought, "we don't know what discoveries will be made". And I also thought, "there is a limit to slackness, especially when you take versatility into account". Then I had a brain wave! I think it's actually a marketable and simple concept, and it's based on "what if slackness could be changed dynamically according to feedback from terrain?" Great climber with less suspension, great descender with more suspension etc. Any developers out there? :)

Found a video that shows an awesome ride for that bike - I think it would be right at home here:

Last edited:

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
It would be awesome to see it race in the very specific conditions it was designed for, as that dude suggested :LOL:. I thought, "we don't know what discoveries will be made". And I also thought, "there is a limit to slackness, especially when you take versatility into account". Then I had a brain wave! I think it's actually a marketable and simple concept, and it's based on "what if slackness could be changed dynamically according to feedback from terrain?" Great climber with less suspension, great descender with more suspension etc. Any developers out there? :)

Found a video that shows an awesome ride for that bike - I think it would be right at home here:
Mt 7 was our weekend haunt for years. A buddy put in dead dog and we put in the wet dream drop lower down. Saturday we'd shuttle 3 x 4000ft laps in the morning. Have a bbq and 3 laps in the afternoon then down to mt swansea for sunday. Psychosis is a tough race . A lot of steeps with a 2 minute sprint/hike a bike at the middway point of a 12-15 downhill. Occasionally its tacky dirt but more than often its blown out moon dust like the conditions in the vid. Def spicy when its blown out.
Im liking Geoff Gulevich's channel lately. Such a great well rounded rider. Finds the flow on anything

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
One for
Mt 7 was our weekend haunt for years. A buddy put in dead dog and we put in the wet dream drop lower down. Saturday we'd shuttle 3 x 4000ft laps in the morning. Have a bbq and 3 laps in the afternoon then down to mt swansea for sunday. Psychosis is a tough race . A lot of steeps with a 2 minute sprint/hike a bike at the middway point of a 12-15 downhill. Occasionally its tacky dirt but more than often its blown out moon dust like the conditions in the vid. Def spicy when its blown out.
Im liking Geoff Gulevich's channel lately. Such a great well rounded rider. Finds the flow on anything
It's almost like reality that is based on virtual reality; think mario kart :ROFLMAO:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Seems like a good idea :unsure: :ROFLMAO:. It's the sort of thing my girlfriend would do

Man I just cracked up and couldn't stop laughing from the video... the way the legs were spread out and mounted on the fork like that... and the third person trail shots when you can hear him coming even before he comes into view! :ROFLMAO:

You know, I might just try using that chicken thingy instead of a bell. My wife and I occasionally ride cycling path/lanes that are shared with walkers and runners and also small children cycling. There's a sign on the pathway that cyclists should use a bell when passing... in fact a pro-cyclist on his way to the velodrome mentioned that I should get a bell when he noticed that I didn't have one.

Problem is, here in NZ it's a big no-no for motorists to use our car horns unless we're expressing expletives, or perhaps to thank someone (but even that is iffy and can be misunderstood... a 'thank you' sounds identical to an FU in car horn speak). That's the culture, we're friendly but on the roads we're also very territorial. A friend of mine actually installed a bell on his MTB and mentioned that every time he uses it he either got appreciation or hostility. Some people get offended when a bell is used on them... perhaps a residue reaction from our motoring background?

A chicken on the other hand should have a disarming effect, haha. If the response is aggro, then the chicken can take the blame... an escape goat... or escape chicken? It shouldn't activate on paved roads so as not to drive me crazy... but when I need to pass, I'm sure a couple of pumps on my front fork should do the trick! ? ??

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Man I just cracked up and couldn't stop laughing from the video... the way the legs were spread out and mounted on the fork like that... and the third person trail shots when you can hear him coming even before he comes into view! :ROFLMAO:

You know, I might just try using that chicken thingy instead of a bell. My wife and I occasionally ride cycling path/lanes that are shared with walkers and runners and also small children cycling. There's a sign on the pathway that cyclists should use a bell when passing... in fact a pro-cyclist on his way to the velodrome mentioned that I should get a bell when he noticed that I didn't have one.

Problem is, here in NZ it's a big no-no for motorists to use our car horns unless we're expressing expletives, or perhaps to thank someone (but even that is iffy and can be misunderstood... a 'thank you' sounds identical to an FU in car horn speak). That's the culture, we're friendly but on the roads we're also very territorial. A friend of mine actually installed a bell on his MTB and mentioned that every time he uses it he either got appreciation or hostility. Some people get offended when a bell is used on them... perhaps a residue reaction from our motoring background?

A chicken on the other hand should have a disarming effect, haha. If the response is aggro, then the chicken can take the blame... an escape goat... or escape chicken? It shouldn't activate on paved roads so as not to drive me crazy... but when I need to pass, I'm sure a couple of pumps on my front fork should do the trick! ? ??
I thought the 3rd person trail shots were best too :ROFLMAO:; hearing the chicken come down the track.

I think the chook is more versatile than a bell; if someone doesn't respond nicely you can whack them over the head with the chook.

I'm tempted to get a bulk order and toss one into any paddocks with a horse :unsure: :LOL:

I used to have a whippet, and she'd go crazy with a squeaky toy; I'd always get told off for starting her up. I used to leave her on a sit outside supermarkets, but if someone in the supermarket tested the squeaky toys she'd come running in thinking it was me tormenting her.

Last edited:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I thought the 3rd person trail shots were best too :ROFLMAO:; hearing the chicken come down the track.
No biggie now that I know where a sound like that would be coming from. But if I heard something like that for the first time - coming down the trail towards me at speed - heck I'd drop my bike and run out of the way into the woods! Either that or I'd drop my bike, pick up a big stick and get ready to defend myself even though I expect that I'm likely gonna get killed by whatever it is! Then... I'll feel really stupid when I realise what it is... :giggle:

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
No biggie now that I know where a sound like that would be coming from. But if I heard something like that for the first time - coming down the trail towards me at speed - heck I'd drop my bike and run out of the way into the woods! Either that or I'd drop my bike, pick up a big stick and get ready to defend myself even though I expect that I'm likely gonna get killed by whatever it is! Then... I'll feel really stupid when I realise what it is... :giggle:
anybody would think you have militant emus over there the way you carry on :LOL:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
anybody would think you have militant emus over there the way you carry on :LOL:
I've been binge-watching the Netflix anthology TV series - Black Mirror that's why, haha! :giggle:

If you don't know it, check out "METAL HEAD" which is the fifth episode of the fourth series where I'm up to now. You watch that, and you'll never look at your eBike... or anything that's battery powered the same, ever again - EVER!! ?

Spoiler alert!

Last edited:

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I've been binge-watching the Netflix anthology TV series - Black Mirror that's why, haha! :giggle:

If you don't know it, check out "METAL HEAD" which is the fifth episode of the fourth series where I'm up to now. You watch that, and you'll never look at your eBike... or anything that's battery powered the same, ever again - EVER!! ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles