The MTB videos Thread. Funny, Serious, Cool ... Share them here.

kafkastan

Aug 11, 2019
Brighton, UK
I found this GCN (roadie) video from a few months ago interesting and entertaining, despite far too much crotchy lycra posing going on. The comparison between old-school MTBs and gravel bikes is interesting.

I also kept thinking "dear lord, look at that stem!" and realised why I used to launch myself over my handlebars with such regularity.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Not emtb or even mtb, but...

This looks like a nightmare!

About a quarter of a century ago I used to ride motorbikes. A bunch of us decided it would be a good idea to do a bit of dirt biking to hone our skills on winter roads. About 20 of us did the course at Golding Barn.

The mud and the track were just like the film (not like what's shown on the Golding Barn link!). We bitched when we got there because they had only set out 10 bikes for the 20 of us. It was mid winter and we were freezing in the lycra kit. The instructor calmed us down a bit and challenged us to do all the sessions we were up for. By the time we'd each done 3 sessions, we were all begging someone to take our place. At the end of the day they pressure washed the bikes. And then us.

I drove home. Opened the car door. Fell out. Crawled on all fours up the path. Crawled up the steps to the front door. Crawled up the stairs. Crawled into a hot bath. And stayed there for about a week.

Even my lad, who was 16 or 17 at the time and had just got his bike licence, didn't have any strength to argue. That shows how knackering that game is. EMTB is a doddle in comparison! :whistle:

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
About a quarter of a century ago I used to ride motorbikes. A bunch of us decided it would be a good idea to do a bit of dirt biking to hone our skills on winter roads. About 20 of us did the course at Golding Barn.

The mud and the track were just like the film (not like what's shown on the Golding Barn link!). We bitched when we got there because they had only set out 10 bikes for the 20 of us. It was mid winter and we were freezing in the lycra kit. The instructor calmed us down a bit and challenged us to do all the sessions we were up for. By the time we'd each done 3 sessions, we were all begging someone to take our place. At the end of the day they pressure washed the bikes. And then us.

I drove home. Opened the car door. Fell out. Crawled on all fours up the path. Crawled up the steps to the front door. Crawled up the stairs. Crawled into a hot bath. And stayed there for about a week.

Even my lad, who was 16 or 17 at the time and had just got his bike licence, didn't have any strength to argue. That shows how knackering that game is. EMTB is a doddle in comparison! :whistle:

Great story!
I used to rock climb and am used to a bit of type 2 fun, that vid is deffo type 3 or possibly 4!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
A bit of Pilgrim madness to see us through the crap weather ..

Personally,. I think this just rolls the carpet out for @Rob Hancill to weld the SL to the top of the Kenevo and make "BIG-E" .... with twin motors and over 1000wh of battery..............

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
A bit of Pilgrim madness to see us through the crap weather ..

Personally,. I think this just rolls the carpet out for @Rob Hancill to weld the SL to the top of the Kenevo and make "BIG-E" .... with twin motors and over 1000wh of battery..............
BIG ettori bluegatti agathokakological 01- 1000w sorry guys torque figures not available

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Ok .. so it's not an MTB .. the guy didn't have one, apparently he'd spent the last 24 hours binge watching @dobbyhasfriends "Old Blokes Should know better" - learn how to jump video's ..

You have to wait about 10 seconds (I know, I know, I sound like @Gary on happy night)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think he might have cased it on the landing... :unsure:
Are you saying Dobby didn't teach him correctly ? or he missunderstood Dobby's teachings ? Or he just had crap technique ?

Ironically, he apparently landed in a grave yard. Amazingly, firefighters pulled him uninjured from his burning Suzuki ! o_O

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I suspect Toni is only scratching the surface of the he could do on an EMTB if he pout some real time in on one.

Yup, they seem to play around with them a bit, but not all the time. Would be interesting to see what he could do with a bit more time.

On this one Pat Smadge looks like he's spent a bit more time playing about, seems to have more of a grasp of the different weight/balance (except for riding backwards into a shrub !) :

Toni does a few nice little moves in this Thok video .. and you get to see Esther - Tony's none existent girlfriend (for @wepn :) )

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
and you get to see Esther
His super hot young female house companion?
Who he barely even makes eye contact with the entire video nevermind check out from behind in her lycra. Clearly preferring to polish his own helmet to impecable finish in his overly clean garage.

Hmmm... yeah definitely straight
:unsure:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
His super hot young female house companion?
Who he barely even makes eye contact with the entire video nevermind check out from behind in her lycra. Clearly preferring to polish his own helmet to impecable finish in his overly clean garage.

Hmmm... yeah definitely straight
:unsure:

Rumour has it they weren't on speaking terms that day.

Apparently, all excited about going out on an emtb the next day, but knowing nothing about emtb's - she obviously headed to emtbforums.com.

Captivated by some gruff Scottish bloke, she was on line until 3am and then spent a hot restless night muttering things like "oooh la la Garrieee" .. "There's no need to manual Garrieeee, I can help"

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles