The MTB videos Thread. Funny, Serious, Cool ... Share them here.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I wonder if our current EEBs will look just as comical 20 years from now? ??
What's so comical? ?

Still got my very expensive (in 1995) GT Team RTS... XT groupset, Manitou forks, rear coil! Light too, less than 30lbs. Just missing the battery...

GT_Team_RTS_1995.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
That crash is so brutal I think it will sit in the watch once and not again category for me! Hard to believe he survived it.
I kind of want to watch it again to understand each step, but I'm not sure I can. It's great that he's shared it so we can see what happened, it also takes a lot of strength to share something like that with the world. I don't think my brain wants to see his body go through it more than once though. I hope his mum's not seen it.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@R120 maybe don't read what I'm going to say as I'm going to describe what I've just seen quite graphically.
I kind of want to watch it again to understand each step, but I'm not sure I can.
Had to re-watch it a few times for that very reason.
When he cases. the bike bucks him and he makes the choice to bail. first time I watched it I didn't truely get what happened with that. He bails to his left (I guess to the right was probably a far higher chance of death)... once he's bailed you can see him looking for his landing. Remember Gee grew up riding and racing and has crashed and bailed more than anyone you know.... anyway. because of the steepness the time from bailing to his actual first inpact with the ground was massive... his natural reaction/instinct in a crash would generally take over and he'd possibly have managed to lessen the impact with a roll or slide. but no chance in this case as the impact instantly broke his leg and arm and his head took a massive impact. from then on he was a ragdoll. and it only got worse as he looked to have been out cold as he rolled down the remainder of the scree covered hill.

Gee and the production team have also put this out in a very mature and informative way... Nowadays every time you look at instagram/youtube etc. you see folk on bikes hitting 70ft gaps and I honestly don't think viewers truely "get" just how dangerous what these guys do for a living actually is.

Get well soon Geeman. You're a fuckin terminator

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
The G man needs to tone it down. He's got a list of accomplishments as long as your arm from world champs to rampage to hardline and a list of injuries almost on par with the accomplishments. G and Rach should go ews and just have fun with less consequences.
I'm giving up mtb/emtb. Going full Escoot.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Reminds me of a fair bit our terrain. Steep rock rolls, loam, and can be wet. The length of the day on that and all new trails is impressive for Hans. Probably the trails would lean towards a younger dh racer than a trials guy but Hans obviously has a wide range of skills. The guy is definitely a gamer. He made it work without a complaint. His love of the sport is infectious

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
This might e filed under the "serious" part of the thread title.
Pinner buddeh ive been riding w fo 30+yrs has 2 teenage girls that are hitting everything. Last day of the bike park season and it was on. Always is w the bud but his kids are maniacs. Its serious when youre on the gas to make sure your keeping up with the fam o pinners?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles