Other Specialized saddles/seat life

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Just wondering how everyone is getting on with the seat that came on their Specialized bikes in relation to creaking and making noise? My Kenevo SL came with a 143mm Bridge Comp and that creaked like crazy from day one. Specialized replaced that under warranty and I paid extra for a 143mm Phenom Expert and now after about 8 weeks of use this is making the same racket. Seems like where the rails go into the rear of the seat pan gets loose and the creaking comes from there. Are these saddles just badly made and this is generally what happens?

If this is the case I might just avoid the Specialized one's and transfer to another brand again. Shame because they are pretty comfortable!

I've had Ergon and plenty of SQ Labs saddles that have lasted the distance so I'm ruling out that I have an iron arse that is the issue lol

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
The Specialized saddles may have perhaps design more prone to dirt ingress into the rails/seat interconnection. When I look at the underside of my SQLab Active compared to stock Bridge, the Bridge has more uniform and bigger plastic underside whereas SQLab has this section almost isolated where saddle can move a lot before it even gets to that interconnection (whole point of Active).

But if you really like them (they are surprisingly nice, perhaps closest to ergo design of SQLab and Ergon) maybe dismounting the rails and putting grease there could help? If that's possible, I didn't try to disassemble any saddle yet there :- ).

Off-topic for anyone reading saddle topics, is there such thing as after-market rails? (For lower stack height). I couldn't honestly google out anything of that sort.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles