Levo 500wh battery life

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
So I went to my local trail yesterday and as it was my first time in around 8 weeks due to the covid 19 restrictions I got a little carried away, I rode most of the 18 miles in turbo mode and did around 2200ft of climbing. The battery was fully charged and arriving back at the car I had 4% left?

So 18 miles on a full battery, is that normal? I would have expected a lot more or did having it in turbo and the amount of climbing make 18 a realistic range.

Oh and my bike is a 2019 levo if that make any difference.

rs4kev

Oct 1, 2018
Darkest Dorzet
Not sure if this will help but i've had exactly same issue. Suddenly seem to be running out of battery on a 2019 levo. The cranks feel a bit stiff and i've spoken with LBS who want to have a look at it "when they have time". Was mulling whether to go for a 700w battery upgrade.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Im gonna say this now..
you cant compare ANYONE else's battery range with your own..

I had an identical bike to yours and would get anywhere between 13 and 23 miles.

if I left my house and rode south I could do 13 miles and 2300ft of climbing and use all the battery.
if I left my house and rode north I could do 23 miles and 4700ft of climbing and use all the battery.
going south is all grassland, the brecon beacons
going north its all forest, all rock and dangerous 'gnar'
I would get this mileage consistently.

on paper that doesnt make sense but the terrain will have way more of an impact than you think, your mileage sound decent, especially for mainly turbo.

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
And the wind direction and strength can really have an effect ! I can ride the same route same setting and use 2 more bars if it’s windy

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
I went for a local 39 mile ride with 1400ft elevation and the battery was at 50% when I got back. I have a 2017 Levo with a 3.5 year old 504Wh battery. If you ride in trail or turbo mode, any battery will deplete quickly.

cleoent

Aug 25, 2020
NorCal
Weight also plays a HUGE role. My buddy and I did the exact same ride (jointly at the same time), I used a tiny bit less turbo than he did, but I had 35% left, he had 8%. I'm 165 pounds, he's 230. I've also done the same ride in all turbo and come back with 25%.

Too many factors involved.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles