Mission Control RELEASE OF OVER THE AIR UPDATES FOR LEVO / KENEVO GEN 2 BIKES

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
I just got this from Rutland, might help someone :) :

Carrying out updates on your LEVO / KENEVO GEN 2
In late July we informed you of an update which was required for all Gen2 Levo / Kenevo motors.

In section 4 of that e-mail we promised that "in the not-too-distant future, you will be able to update the software yourself over the mission control app from the comfort of your own home. Whilst I don't have a date for this currently - I will be sending you an update once this becomes available with full instructions.".

Whilst we are 5 months on from the original email, I am happy to inform you that the above is now a reality and you can now update your Gen2 motors from the mission control app. Full instructions can be found below.

How can I carry out updates for my LEVO / KENEVO GEN 2?
  • Download and install the latest version of Mission Control 2.4.3
  • Connect to your bike, navigate to > Diagnose > you will see an update icon next to "Device updates"
  • Enter into Device Updates and here you will see your current version of firmware and the latest available version
  • If you want to update then click on "Update my bike"
Please read the notice information carefully before updating, also note batteries cannot be updated through the app and you will not be able to roll back to the previous firmware version.
VIDEO WALKTHROUGH
How can I carry out update for my TCD?
  • Download and install the latest version of Mission Control 2.4.3
  • Navigate to > Diagnose > Turbo connect display update > follow the onscreen instructions and put the device in update mode
  • Once happy to update select "Update TCD"
VIDEO WALKTHROUGH
If you are struggling to get the app to work, it is recommended to log out and back in. We are still able to update your bike in our workshops if needed. Updates through mission control cannot currently be done on SL / Gen1 motors.

If you do have any questions, please do get in touch, but I hope I covered them all in the above.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
EXCITING "UPDATES" (UPDATED 17/12/2020)

Thanks to the help of all our beta testers we are releasing Over The Air (OTA) updates with the latest release of Mission Control 2.4.3 available from Tuesday 15th December (PM CET). Along with this release will be a new firmware for 2.1 Motors. The firmware release is in response to feedback we have received from riders and comes with further improvements for torque peak spikes and walk-assist improvements.

See previous post here regarding last 2.1 Motor firmware release and warranty extension >> warranty extension firmware update

What are over the air (OTA) updates?

Over the air updates will allow you to update any Levo gen 2 (MY19-21) and Kenevo gen 2 (MY20-21) TCU and 2.1 Motor to the latest available firmware using your phone, supported by IOS and Android.

You will also be able to update your TCD to the latest firmware, this applies to all compatible Turbo bikes.

How can I carry out OTA updates for my LEVO / KENEVO GEN 2?

Download and install the latest version of Mission Control 2.4.3, connect to your bike, navigate to > Diagnose > you will see an update icon next to "Device updates". Enter into Device Updates and here you will see your current version of firmware and the latest available version. If you want to update then click on "Update my bike". Please read the notice information carefully before updating, also note batteries cannot be updated OTA and you will not be able to roll back to the previous firmware version.

You do not need to remember all of this as we have a video walking you through the process available on our SBCU YouTube channel.

LINK >> (HERE)

How can I carry out OTA update for my TCD?

Download and install the latest version of Mission Control 2.4.3, navigate to > Diagnose > Turbo connect display update > follow the onscreen instructions and put the device in update mode, once happy to update select "Update TCD".

Again you do not need to remember all of this as we have a video walking you through the process available on our SBCU YouTube channel.

LINK >> (HERE)

Whilst you are there why not check out all the other helpful Mission Control videos available on our SBCU YouTube to make the most of the app and set up of your Turbo Bike.

How to track your rides in Specialized Mission Control
Managing your Turbo ebike with the Specialized Mission Control app
How to connect your Turbo ebike to Specialized Mission Control
How to tune your Turbo ebike in Specialized Mission Control
How to use Smart Control in Specialized Mission Control
How to manage your settings in Specialized Mission Control

FAQ

Is OTA now released?

Mission Control 2.4.3 is now released on Playstore.

Mission Control on iOS will go live late PM CET on App Store.

Note: both can take time to become live and available on your mobile device.

What version of Mission control do I need to update?

Please update to the latest Mission Control 2.4.3 to gain from all the new features

Note: Version 2.4.1 will also allow you to update OTA.

I cannot see device updates?

Shut down the app and reopen.

Try logging out of Mission control and back in.

I cannot update my bike?

Try logging out of Mission control and back in.

What is the factory default for acceleration response?

Acceleration response factory default is 40%

When updating this will be applied in Mission Control version 2.4.3 onwards.

In Mission control version 2.4.1 there is a bug setting this value to 0%.

What is the factory default for shuttle mode?

Shuttle Mode Factory default is 0%

Will other bikes be supported in the future?

We are working on bringing the functionality to SL and future bikes.

What if I do not want to update my bike OTA, what should I do?

If you do not want to update your bike using Mission Control please contact your retailer who will be able to update your bike to the latest firmware in-store after the 15th December.

Also find further information at Specialized Support pages >> Specialized Support - Device Updates

If you have any questions please post on this thread.

Thanks, Specialized Team! :)

Hi all,

Please make sure you update to Mission Control 2.4.3 to benefit from the newest OTA update features.

FAQ has been updated to include;

What is the factory default for acceleration response?

Acceleration response factory default is 40%

When updating this will be applied in Mission Control version 2.4.3 onwards.

In Mission control version 2.4.1 there is a bug setting this value to 0%.

What is the factory default for shuttle mode?

Shuttle Mode Factory default is 0%

Thanks, Specialized Team :)

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
I did perform the update last night, I am very happy with the results but I still need to do a ful ride to see if I notice any difference. Walk mode is running great! Better than with any previous update. it engages instantly and every time! (something it didn´t do before).
The only things I found:
The first ime I entered the update device option it was not showing any option, but after a few minutes I tried again and it did, so maybe I just needed to be patient.
My MC versin is 2.4.3, acceleration was reset to zero (no big deal), The rest of the settings as well as wheel circumference were not affected.

Thnk you for being in close contact with the forum! I just love my Levo!!!

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Just updated and as others have said, make sure you have MC 2.4.3 and to log out then back in. I did that plus closed and restarted the app for good measure before updating the motor firmware. Took about 3 minutes and worked flawlessly.

I held off on the prior update due to the borked walk assist but after some testing on level ground outside the house this seems usable. Still a bit finicky but not quite as much and it’s close in power to the original. Will test in the hills this weekend.

biclas

Aug 9, 2019
Caneças, Portugal
Just updated mine, toke less than 2 minutes.
This is the result.
Are this the latest versions available?

Screenshot_20201218-093538.jpg

Screenshot_20201218-093538.jpg

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Idk about those saying less power with the new update. I got 2 KOM’s the other day! One was an uphill climb the other up and down.

Im definitely feeling less punch ...I had to up my default settings to try and get the same feel as it was before the update.

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Have you reset the acceleration to 40%

No, Before the update my acceleration was set to 0. after the update I have had to change it to 20, will try 40 , but reason I always had it 0 was to conserve battery ...
Don't know why with the new update I need to add acceleration when the bike was fine without it before.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
No, Before the update my acceleration was set to 0. after the update I have had to change it to 20, will try 40 , but reason I always had it 0 was to conserve battery ...
Don't know why with the new update I need to add acceleration when the bike was fine without it before.
Is it possible you had shuttle at 0 and acceleration at 40 ?

It might be that the updates (no idea what yours was before this update, so there could have been several) have influenced how the acceleration figures work. So 40% maybe nearly exactly the same as it was. But 0% might be considerably more conservative than it was before - so for you, it would achieve, by default, your aim of less battery usage.

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Is it possible you had shuttle at 0 and acceleration at 40 ?

It might be that the updates (no idea what yours was before this update, so there could have been several) have influenced how the acceleration figures work. So 40% maybe nearly exactly the same as it was. But 0% might be considerably more conservative than it was before - so for you, it would achieve, by default, your aim of less battery usage.

Before the update both shuttle and acceleration were set to 0 - perhaps after the update, 40 is the new 0 . and the new 0 is even less than the old one ..."if that makes sense" Ill give it a try tomorrow and up acceleration to 40 and see what it does to my battery usage.

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
N

No mc update in Australia 20/12/20
Don't know about iOS Apple, but Android v2.4.3 of Mission Control is definitely available in Australia.

I updated my 2019 Levo motor yesterday from 7.3.6 to 7.4.1 with no problems at all. I went for a ride using the same motor presets and it feels pretty much the same for both firmware versions. The BIG difference is that Walk Assist is useable again!

Frenchy_Eric

Apr 5, 2020
France
I've made the update yesterday : motor in 7.4.1. Motor Y2019.
1st ride today (47km / 850m D+).
It's a very good update. Motor seems smoothest. Power seems to be more progressive (I'm with acceleration set to 0 : I like natural feeling).
No more any spikes when you are at the limit of the cut off. Motor cut off is very transparent.
Walk mode is OK (seems as it has always been since I have the Turbo Levo).
Thank you Specialized : good job !

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
? My lbs performed a system update a few months back, I won't be updating, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I posted the email in case anyone found it helpful.

I, like you, am in the if it ain't broke camp, no updates and 2500 miles in a year without any issues.

It's good to know there's another 3 years of warranty left should anything happen though.

Choc3

Apr 10, 2020
Scotland
Made the update today. Very easy and less than 3 minutes to do. This is my first update and on my second motor for my Levo 2020.

I went for a ride, the motor in Turbo mode feels less punchy, kind of feels like less power than before hard to explain. The power is still there but in a more control way. Before there was a huge difference when in eco or trail and then changing to turbo but now is less noticeable. Cut off of the motor as mentioned above by Frenchy Eric seems to be better, it does not to seem keep going after you stop pedaling. I have not changed any settings in mission control.

One needs to get used to the new feel of the motor with new firmware upgrade. All good up to now.

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Made the update today. Very easy and less than 3 minutes to do. This is my first update and on my second motor for my Levo 2020.

I went for a ride, the motor in Turbo mode feels less punchy, kind of feels like less power than before hard to explain. The power is still there but in a more control way. Before there was a huge difference when in eco or trail and then changing to turbo but now is less noticeable. Cut off of the motor as mentioned above by Frenchy Eric seems to be better, it does not to seem keep going after you stop pedaling. I have not changed any settings in mission control.

One needs to get used to the new feel of the motor with new firmware upgrade. All good up to now.

if you read the tread entirely you will know the update resets the acceleration response to zero, factory settings is 40%. Most people find out and have to adjust it back up, have a look.

Choc3

Apr 10, 2020
Scotland
if you read the tread entirely you will know the update resets the acceleration response to zero, factory settings is 40%. Most people find out and have to adjust it back up, have a look.
Yes have read the all the thread. For whatever reason and I have not touch any settings in mission control my acceleration response was in zero from when I got the bike. I doubled checked this setting before the firmware update so if changed I could compare Also and strange about if 40 or 0 % if you go into mission control, Tune, and into ?, Scroll down to Acceleration response it says "default setting is (0%) ensures a god balance of control and direct motor response".

Choc3

Apr 10, 2020
Scotland
Yes have read the all the thread. For whatever reason and I have not touch any settings in mission control my acceleration response was in zero from when I got the bike. I doubled checked this setting before the firmware update so if changed I could compare Also and strange about if 40 or 0 % if you go into mission control, Tune, and into ?, Scroll down to Acceleration response it says "default setting is (0%) ensures a god balance of control and direct motor response".
Unless Mission control when app updated to do firmware update it reset acceleration to zero.

Reactions: e_1

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles