Mission Control RELEASE OF OVER THE AIR UPDATES FOR LEVO / KENEVO GEN 2 BIKES

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Fwiw the update didn’t change my acceleration response. It was 60% before and after the update.
Same here. My acceleration response was 40% before and after the update. I wonder if it has something to do with the motor build date (and possibly hardware level). My motor build date is March 2019. (Motor serial number contains -100190316-)

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
Update all done took about 2 minutes. Had to log out and back in again within the app profile settings. Two rides in and using trail mode with no changes to any settings, the motor appears to deliver more initial power than before, like I’ve upped the acceleration response, which I have not.

Last edited:

Alan Yeung

Jul 9, 2019
Ottawa, ON, Canada
The OTA update doesn't work for me. I have a 2019 Levo Expert. I have installed Mission Control App 2.4.3 Build 75 on my Apple phone. I've tried logging out/in, as well as deleting and reinstalling the app. When I open up the Diagnose>Device Updates screen I see this.

My TCU was replaced under warranty last year and I'm wondering if that is the cause of my problem (note there is no S/N in the Diagnose screen)?

IMG_6803.PNG

IMG_6804.PNG

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
The OTA update doesn't work for me. I have a 2019 Levo Expert. I have installed Mission Control App 2.4.3 Build 75 on my Apple phone. I've tried logging out/in, as well as deleting and reinstalling the app. When I open up the Diagnose>Device Updates screen I see this.

My TCU was replaced under warranty last year and I'm wondering if that is the cause of my problem (note there is no S/N in the Diagnose screen)?

Sadly @Alan Yeung you could be correct. When the TCU is replaced your retailer needs to connect this to their diagnostic cool and re-calibrate/update the bike by entering the bike Serial number. Unless the bike has a matching SN stored inside all the components it will not allow you to update. You'll need to go back to the retailer with this one and explain the situation. If it was their error then there shouldn't be any charge for this.

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Sadly @Alan Yeung you could be correct. When the TCU is replaced your retailer needs to connect this to their diagnostic cool and re-calibrate/update the bike by entering the bike Serial number. Unless the bike has a matching SN stored inside all the components it will not allow you to update. You'll need to go back to the retailer with this one and explain the situation. If it was their error then there shouldn't be any charge for this.
I can confirm this. My 2019 Levo TCU was replaced under warranty last month, and the dealer had to use their software tool to write my existing serial number into the new TCU. At the same time, I queried whether the bike total odometer value would transfer across, but it appears this value is stored in the motor, not the TCU.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
This is weird, and I’m glad I discovered it in my road rather than after driving out to a ride spot.
Update seems to have completed but the motor delivers no power at all. It’s just not working yet all the lights are on and no fault codes are showing.
I did the update a week or so back while the bike was hanging in storage so I didn’t test immediately, just assuming it would all work.

JohnnyP

May 26, 2019
France
in the UK
Mission control update done on android phone at 0930 UTC.
Just gone out to the garage and updated the motor firmware on my 2019 turbo levo comp.
All worked very well and less than the 10 mins advised by the app.
Have not ridden the bike yet but did test the walk assist.
The walk assist is now instant and much better.
Thankyou
Specialized
Just done the same and much happier with walk function, virtually no hesitation but builds speed gradually. I'll settle for that. Thanks Specialized.

stu11

May 17, 2020
stockport
Just done mine, easy peasy no problems. Walk assist seems more instant than it was but will know more tomorrow when were out and about. Hope it works because it should! We all purchased these bikes and walk assist was a feature we paid for so it should bloody work.

DreamensioN

Aug 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
Updated my Levo comp, no issues except for one thing...

Before on the Factory Default profile, I could change the acceleration response and it would stick - I had it set to 0%. After the update it was set to 40%. No problem...I'll just slide it back to 0%. But now each time I go into the Factory Default Profile, it resets itself to 40%.

I had to do a work around of creating a new custom profile that mirrored the factory support and power levels, but that had the shuttle mode and acceleration response set to 0%.

Anybody else notice the same issue?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Because Factory default profile has default settings and 40% Acceleration is default. You need to use custom profiles to make settings as you wish.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I'm pretty sure default settings were not changeable, that's why they are called default settings ...

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Still no update on updating SL firmwares?

Everytime I've been to LBS to get mine done they have had issues with the software and not been able to do it. Mines still on the original firmware from last March......

GordS

Jan 10, 2021
Brampton Ontario
Anyone having weird issues updating motor firmware? Motor update gets maybe 2% to 30% then stops saying could not update please try again later (or something like that).
I was trying and tried over several days multiple times but it kept failing. Was getting ready to take it back to shop and have them do it.

Turns out it was the Covid-19 tracking app I had installed several months ago. This app pings the Bluetooth every few seconds in search of other phones with the Covid-19 app. Once I uninstalled the app the firmware updated with no issue first try.
2021 Turbo Levo Comp Black/Red

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
Anyone having weird issues updating motor firmware? Motor update gets maybe 2% to 30% then stops saying could not update please try again later (or something like that).
I was trying and tried over several days multiple times but it kept failing. Was getting ready to take it back to shop and have them do it.

Turns out it was the Covid-19 tracking app I had installed several months ago. This app pings the Bluetooth every few seconds in search of other phones with the Covid-19 app. Once I uninstalled the app the firmware updated with no issue first try.
2021 Turbo Levo Comp Black/Red
Impressive troubleshooting!

GordS

Jan 10, 2021
Brampton Ontario
Add it to the list of side effects I guess.....
Wondering if any of the bricked motors that need lbs resuscitation were caused by covid app?
My heart stopped at 50% as the update seemed to pause for a split second then finish.

20 in 10

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
Yes that bloody Covid app caused me trouble today in New Zealand. All bike software was up to date. Then I noticed an update on MC for the accessory display TCD (the cycle computer). You beauty I thought as occasionally it would do weird stuff. My 2020 bike and display were purchased in August 2019 so an older 2020 model. The software version in the TCD was C.5.0 and the latest is 12.5.0. I tried multiple times to update it and would get a failed message on the TCD. Then I came to this site, uninstalled the Covid app and the TCD updated first time.
I updated the motor software to the latest a few weeks ago and it worked well, I think I may have had the Covid app removed then too as it had been annoying me since the Bluetooth version was released.
I am impressed with Specialized and this bike. I think the fact they are updating things as mundane as basic cycle computer software is great. I have had my bike for 17 months, almost 3000 km, one motor quite early at 485 km and no problems since.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles