Rail (625Wh) Rail 7 Gen 2 with Purion

supermatt9

May 8, 2023
washington
Just bought this bike 2 days ago and love it so far.

The guys at the shop told me I could connect an app to it and change the power settings and see more details about my ride (power, cadence, etc...)

I've been unable to find anything that will allow me to do that. We're they wrong?

darvd29

Dec 17, 2022
Poland
Definitely not possible with Purion, sorry. Newer models with Bosch Smart System allow an advanced connection through eBike Flow app, where you can even perform firmware updates yourself. There’s also an option of upgrading your Purion to a Kiox and connecting it to eBike Connect which has less features but you may like it anyway, just do some research to know what to expect.

supermatt9

May 8, 2023
washington
Definitely not possible with Purion, sorry. Newer models with Bosch Smart System allow an advanced connection through eBike Flow app, where you can even perform firmware updates yourself. There’s also an option of upgrading your Purion to a Kiox and connecting it to eBike Connect which has less features but you may like it anyway, just do some research to know what to expect.
So I could upgrade to a better computer (kiox), but I would not be able to ever have the option to upgrade firmware or change power settings, correct?

DeRailled7

Oct 27, 2021
Calgary, Canada
Your only option is the Nyon upgrade kit. according to bosch it will track your power, cadence and heart rate. You can do firmware updates and it has navigation. It’s a lot better than Kiox. Because you have a Gen2 motor that’s the best they offer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles