Pivot SHUTTLE 29 RACE XT

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Does anyone have any experience with the above bike? Was considering a Spesh Turbo Levo Expert Carbon 2020 or a Whyte E150RS 2021 but been offered a good deal on the Pivot. The bike feels quite light, although I have not ridden it. I'll be riding mostly XC and trails. I'd be grateful of any advice. I'm in the UK and the only thing that concerns me is warranty claims, should anything go wrong.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Great bike - handles extraordinarily well. It's a burlier, more enduro-style bike. The Specialized (IMO) has a better drive system in that has a bit more power and maintains boost all the way to its rated cutoff, whereas the Shimano system starts to fade earlier. The Shuttle will also better accommodate larger tires than the Levo. The Shuttle does not offer a range extender, nor is the battery truly swappable (it's a tedious process and the fastening hardware really wasn't designed for frequent battery changes). The downside with the Shuttle is that it is based on a previous generation Shimano drive system (E8000) and can't be upgraded/updated to new motor or new batteries.

Pivot has great customer service in the USA, but can't speak to the UK service.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Thanks Rick, that's good to know. I was just reading about newer Shimano batteries and wondered if they were backwards compatible.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), the Shuttle uses an external battery (BT-E8010) in a proprietary internal mount (kind of a hybrid scenario) that provides great frame strength but at the expense of battery removal/exchange/upgrade.

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Do you know what weight the stock bike is Rick. Can't seem to find any info.
I currently ride a Haibike SDURO Full Seven 7.0, which is over 60lbs and a nightmare to pedal when out of battery.
Having said that, I've had a 36 mile 3500 ft ride out of the 504wh battery. I wondered how the Pivot would fare being a lighter bike?

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Do you know what weight the stock bike is Rick. Can't seem to find any info.
I currently ride a Haibike SDURO Full Seven 7.0, which is over 60lbs and a nightmare to pedal when out of battery.
Having said that, I've had a 36 mile 3500 ft ride out of the 504wh battery. I wondered how the Pivot would fare being a lighter bike?

Well, I would suspect that range wouldn't change much (maybe 5% or so). Difference of combined weight of rider + bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles