Pivot Shuttle LT

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Just got my LT xtr. Unfortunately it was delivered with the euro 15 mph tune so i actually used my legs for a week until the dealer sorted it. I like it. The ep8 clunk seems to be muted, perhaps by the frame design that encompasses the motor. It's a smooth ride, not quite as much power as the bosch in the rail but i feel comfortable going a bit quicker than the rail. A bit less twitchy with a light feel to it. The main thing though is the efficiency of the ep8. I can actually use it like a push bike. Yesterday i climbed almost a thousand feet with the motor off, unheard of for me on the rail or my pos levo

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Just got my LT xtr. Unfortunately it was delivered with the euro 15 mph tune so i actually used my legs for a week until the dealer sorted it. I like it. The ep8 clunk seems to be muted, perhaps by the frame design that encompasses the motor. It's a smooth ride, not quite as much power as the bosch in the rail but i feel comfortable going a bit quicker than the rail. A bit less twitchy with a light feel to it. The main thing though is the efficiency of the ep8. I can actually use it like a push bike. Yesterday i climbed almost a thousand feet with the motor off, unheard of for me on the rail or my pos levo
I'm really considering picking one of these up this weekend!

FastFR

Apr 27, 2022
Nyon / Switzerland
I’m actually riding a Yeti 160E that I’d like to replace either by a Santa Cruz Heckler or this Pivot Shuttle LT.
based on the price I get, and the equipment offered (such as the 38 for my use and my weight), but looking at geometry I’m a bit concerned as the Shuttle LT is a pretty long bike compare to my actual Yeti and the Heckler.
Anyone had a chance to test and compare the Shuttle LT and the Heckler ?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I’m actually riding a Yeti 160E that I’d like to replace either by a Santa Cruz Heckler or this Pivot Shuttle LT.
based on the price I get, and the equipment offered (such as the 38 for my use and my weight), but looking at geometry I’m a bit concerned as the Shuttle LT is a pretty long bike compare to my actual Yeti and the Heckler.
Anyone had a chance to test and compare the Shuttle LT and the Heckler ?

What don't you like about the Yeti 160E that makes you consider getting rid of it for what could be considered very similar bikes?

FastFR

Apr 27, 2022
Nyon / Switzerland
What don't you like about the Yeti 160E that makes you consider getting rid of it for what could be considered very similar bikes?
The bike is great and I have absolutely no complaint on it. My only problem is the 630W battery range. With temp going down, the area where I live (my minimum ride have 3'500 feet positive) and my weight (93kg) the range is too short. So I'm looking for the same kind of bike (as I really love it) but with a minimum 720W battery

caseyherring

Sep 4, 2022
PNW
I have a large yeti 160E and the new shuttle LT in large. If you dont look at the numbers (which aren't that far off from each other) they seem similar enough that I would be shocked if anyone noticed. They ride very different, I prefer the yeti but the Shimano 630 battery Is garbage. I can get 4800 feet of climbing in 90% boost on the shuttle and about 3500 ish feet on the yeti. I also just sold the heckler in XL and I liked it the most of the three. battery life was perfect and it rode with the most agility.

Greg E

May 5, 2020
California
caseyherring - when you say the Yeti/Shimano battery is "garbage" do you mean you wish it had more capacity or something else? Just curios because the Yeti is on my short list for my next ebike. Thx!

caseyherring

Sep 4, 2022
PNW
I mean it has less range, a significant amount less. for the same weight you get a lot more range from the Darfon batteries. heckler and shuttle SL are sporting the Darfon's. The Yeti is cool, I really enjoyed it but it didn't allow me to ride as long as I normally would. if you ride mostly eco, or trail its probably great, I just dont.

FastFR

Apr 27, 2022
Nyon / Switzerland
I love my Yeti 160E, it ride perfectly. But this issue with the battery is too much of a pain when temperatures goes down and the decision to change the bike have been taken. 3 possibles bikes in my list:
- Scor 4060 Z LT XT
- Santa Cruz Heckler
- Pivot Shuttle LT
i had the possi to test ride the Scor and the ride is sweet but there are 2 or 3 minor issues on this first bike from Scor and will not buy it. So I’m now down to the 2 other bikes that I don’t have a chance to test…
Spenot quite a lot of time on YouTube to get reviews and difficult to take a decision on this as the 2 bikes seems to be great. But the Pivot is having the 38 standard Vs 36 on the Heckler (i’m 93kg and riding in the Alps). So I definitely wants a 38 which I already had on my Yeti.
But I want a bike which is fun to ride also… and can afford only one

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
Just put a deposit on a Team XTR, coming in a few weeks. Can’t wait! Keen to contrast it against my Levo.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
Just got this. Finished suspension setup, about to see how it goes!

17653138-0E07-4A0D-940D-7959C4DDBF13.jpeg

FastFR

Apr 27, 2022
Nyon / Switzerland
I got mine last weekend (in green). Doing some modifications on it and having a preparation on the fork on Saturday… then should be able to ride it ! Well, if the weather is going better :(

impullz

Dec 14, 2022
Netherlands
@FastFR I noticed you were riding in snow and was curious if you had an issue with the fully charge battery?

During my last ride I charged the battery over night and went for a ride at probably +6 (Celcius) but 4km into the ride the battery indicator went totally empty. Not red or something, just an empty battery on the display. Shortly after the bike switched off and never came to life, so had to pedal it another 13 km (which, I have to admit wasn't too bad).

I also opened the battery cover to see what the battery is showing on its own indicator and it was very well empty.

Once I got back home - I plugged the charger in and oh wonders...it was showing (5 blinking orange) that it was around 80% charged. I charged it in full and rode again hoping to reproduce the issue, but it doesn't seem I can do that so far.

Maybe anyone else came across such an issue?

p.s. I already dropped a line to my Pivot dealer as I wasn't at lest the battery to be checked by Shimano Service Center. Don't want these surprises on the trail again.

FastFR

Apr 27, 2022
Nyon / Switzerland
I have ridden several times with snow and/or temperatures between -5 to 5 degrees Celsius and absolutely no issues. Range was even better than I expected compares to my previous Yeti 160E

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles