Pic of the Day

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
We headed over to another North Shore mountain yesterday. Eagle has several well built trails with some interesting features on them. The climb up is stiff on a trail called Physiotherapy which tends to keep all but the serious and determined riders away. We had a great day with @Crash Logan checking off several features including a challenging Black trail called Hammer Time which is littered with tight, rocky and steep switchback corners as well as high consequence rock rolls.

01 Physio.JPG

Newer trail called Couples Therapy

02 CT Drop.JPG

Couples Therapy rock roll

02 CT Roll.JPG

Entrance to Manhandler with a STEEP rock roll.

03 MH Roll.jpg

Crash Logan taking on the BIG structure on Manhandler.

04 MH Structure.JPG

Why do drops always look/feel WAY bigger in person?

05 MH Drop.JPG

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
Rode Mt. Seymour in North Van for the first time in years. We picked a black diamond trail called Forever After. This was a ladder that descended and turned between two trees (and I think the very top of it was off camber before it tilted into a slight bank). Didn't know it was coming up (and didn't know my buddy was filming it):

IMG_4067_2022-08-21_12-45-22_screenshot.jpg

This was just coming out of a descent on the trail before a bit of a rooty climb:
IMG_4060_2022-08-21_15-27-42_screenshot.jpg

As for the rest of the trail, it basically kicked my ass ... this was not a day where I can chalk up lots of progression;)

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Rode Mt. Seymour in North Van for the first time in years. We picked a black diamond trail called Forever After. This was a ladder that descended and turned between two trees (and I think the very top of it was off camber before it tilted into a slight bank). Didn't know it was coming up (and didn't know my buddy was filming it):

View attachment 95463

This was just coming out of a descent on the trail before a bit of a rooty climb:
View attachment 95464

As for the rest of the trail, it basically kicked my ass ... this was not a day where I can chalk up lots of progression;)
I know how you feel. I used to call that trail "Never Again" before I had an emtb as the trail does not have the best flow unless you can go pretty fast. I would suggest John Deer as a nice flowy jump (small and rollable) trail or Asian Adonis. If you like tech, Pangor will give you plenty of features to try out your skills. If you ever want someone to show you the top ten things to do on the North Shore (for sane gentlemen over 50), let me know!

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
I know how you feel. I used to call that trail "Never Again" before I had an emtb as the trail does not have the best flow unless you can go pretty fast. I would suggest John Deer as a nice flowy jump (small and rollable) trail or Asian Adonis. If you like tech, Pangor will give you plenty of features to try out your skills. If you ever want someone to show you the top ten things to do on the North Shore (for sane gentlemen over 50), let me know!
Thanks ... may take you up on that, but you are definitely a skill level or two up on me so patience will be required.

I literally haven't ridden Seymour in over a decade and we used to ride Ned's but came in from Mt. Seymour Rd.. The whole day was a failure on my part to remember the 5 P's (proper planning prevents poor performance). We originally planned to do both Forever After and John Deer, but we climbed Old Buck and made the mistake of traversing on the powerline trail which was a bad idea. Then when we got to the bottom of Forever After we thought we'd ride High School League because it was right there ... that put us completely on the wrong side of the mountain from where we parked (Old Buck) and my riding buddy was on an acoustic (he's in amazing shape for 60 and can kick my ass except for the e-bike being the equalizer). Neither of us had another climb in us when the alternative was a nice cold craft brew ...

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Thanks ... may take you up on that, but you are definitely a skill level or two up on me so patience will be required.

I literally haven't ridden Seymour in over a decade and we used to ride Ned's but came in from Mt. Seymour Rd.. The whole day was a failure on my part to remember the 5 P's (proper planning prevents poor performance). We originally planned to do both Forever After and John Deer, but we climbed Old Buck and made the mistake of traversing on the powerline trail which was a bad idea. Then when we got to the bottom of Forever After we thought we'd ride High School League because it was right there ... that put us completely on the wrong side of the mountain from where we parked (Old Buck) and my riding buddy was on an acoustic (he's in amazing shape for 60 and can kick my ass except for the e-bike being the equalizer). Neither of us had another climb in us when the alternative was a nice cold craft brew ...

That is another reason why I don't like Forever After, it takes you way over to Hyannis and its a long XC ride (for me :rolleyes:) back to Old Buck. You may have noticed that you passed the entrance to John Deer and Asian Adonis (Severed Dick/D) on your way to Forever After. Asian ends on the climbing trail (Penny Lane/Good Sir Martin) which is not bad on an emtb. John Deer requires you to traverse (Academy Climb, Rapid, Transit, RT Connector, Lower C-Buster, Penny Lane and finally Good Sir Martin) to get back up to the Baden Powell. I have gotten lost so many times in that mass of trails without Trailsforks! I usually go up Old Buck and do a lap down John Deer or Pangor and then back up to do a lap down Boogieman in 2 hours or less. Fromme has more options!

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
A nostalgic day on Mt. Fromme as we rode up to 7th Secret to see how well it was holding up in all the heat and summer traffic.

Crash Logan's Levo SL from two years ago.
LSL.jpg

Kevevo SL
01 KSL.jpg

Log Ride. Crash did it for the 3rd time in her life and it was in rough shape. No current pic as she was too quick!
From the good old days.
Levo 04.jpg

And there is always a rock roll...
03 Roll.jpg

Last edited:

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Few pics from our Morzine jolly a couple of weeks ago
Boiling hot weather , dusty dry trails , hilarious brutal banter
I flew to Geneva with one of my mates, with just hand luggage
Then got a mini bus transfer to the resort.
The 4 others drove all the kit down
What's not to like ?? 🤔🤣
IMG-a2096738a80d20d4176f6fc4d03aa6be-V.jpg
IMG-2f0d20bd0b104253607722a50a09d5e2-V.jpg

IMG-38644e00d78135604665c716dddb031b-V.jpg
20220809_124148.jpg
IMG-21c032538866db8dea9fad937c04dc9b-V.jpg
20220805_182336.jpg

Last edited:

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Just south of the Grand Canyon. This shadow on the Superstition Mountains in Apache Junction AZ of a cougar, that only appears twice a year (third week of March and the third week in September) for approximately one week just as the sun is setting. It is amazing to watch...

View attachment 95653

bad A$$. I live 15 minutes from there and ride Gold Canyon a lot. I’ve never seen or heard of this. Thank you.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
A relatively new flow trail built in Squamish called Pamplemousse has been a welcome addition given all the more technical trails in the area.
Pomplemouse.jpg

The trail has seen so much use that many once smooth and fast flowy parts of the trail have eroded into the typical gnar Squamish is famous for requiring the tridiagonal bridge work so often found on the North Shore.
Pomplemouse 02.jpg

On the very few Blue trails (Leave of Absence) in the Alice Lake area , you will find more of the typical, smaller rock rolls Squamish is known for.
Leave.JPG

Leave 01.JPG

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
A relatively new flow trail built in Squamish called Pamplemousse has been a welcome addition given all the more technical trails in the area.
View attachment 95817

The trail has seen so much use that many once smooth and fast flowy parts of the trail have eroded into the typical gnar Squamish is famous for requiring the tridiagonal bridge work so often found on the North Shore.
View attachment 95816

On the very few Blue trails (Leave of Absence) in the Alice Lake area , you will find more of the typical, smaller rock rolls Squamish is known for.
View attachment 95818

View attachment 95820

That's a blue??

Over here, a blue would be a flat muddy path around a lake or something. The type of trail you could take a kid on with stabilisers/ training wheels.

Yours looks more fun.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
@KnollyBro needs to join @etoni and bugger off to their own thread so our dull trails and dull pics don’t look quite so, well, dull…
Case in point;
View attachment 95839
It’s Shutcastle in the FoD if anyone cares… 😀
Now, now, I think its all about perspective. When I lived in various places around the UK from Devon to Stourbridge, we made do with what we had! Remember, to Always Look On the Bright Side of Life! Sometimes its not what you see, its what you don't see when you don't see the forest from the trees!

7EBC9F81-CC05-4DF3-B62E-AFE811A210B7a.jpeg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
First Pic: Big ruts that will be full of water soon. Ruts created by the 4x4 that only come here in the wet season.
Second Pic: Exit from a winding trail. The groove in that mound points you right at that silver birch. I was hoping that if I zoomed in that I would see the trail behind, but sadly I'm not a good enough photographer.

EMTB area Ruts.jpg
EMTB area Mound.jpg

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
This post goes out to my bestie @Doomanic who is feeling a little down these days as he is finding it a little routine on his favourite trails and he has lost his rose colored glasses.

This is NOT where we started but we might as well start off with a banger!
Boney.jpg

Yesterday we did close to 600m climbing to hit 4 trails of varying difficulty from Blue to Black. One of our routine trails, that never seems to get old for us as the condition of it is always changing for slippery when wet to slippery when dry, is called Entrails in Squamish.

First feature is a rock roll. It really looks WAY worse in person as does every other feature!!!
Entrails Rock 01.jpg

Followed by a rooty chute
Entrails 02.jpg

Onto another rock roll with roots.

Entrails Rock 02.jpg

There is another difficult feature called the Whale tale that I avoid these days. My wife will only stop so many times to take a picture so we had to move on to the next trail called Boney Elbows which has a few nice rock slabs.

Boney slab 02.jpg

Boney slab 03.jpg

And finally Highway to Hell, which we did for the first time. This is the first rock roll.
HiWay To Hell Rock Roll 01.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles