Thun Switzerland
Looks flat and boring. Keep the dull images coming.😌
okay

79C715CF-0F21-4519-B95B-3FDAB2C8F289.jpeg

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
I thought it was always warm in Cornwall . We have the fog today in NE Scotland coast areas
To be honest the "almost chilly," could have been written as " a long way from chilly", but, thankfully, nowhere near as warm as it has been for the last few days...

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
To be honest the "almost chilly," could have been written as " a long way from chilly", but, thankfully, nowhere near as warm as it has been for the last few days...
Yes we don't get the 30 somethings like down South. Just back from Cyprus that was enough for me . Its great just being dry and not having to wash the bike every spin. Enjoy

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
As said elsewhere, did an early short ride on a local route with wife before the temperature gets silly - may get to 35C later today.

Only 12 miles with 700ft elevation. Some mellow single-track, and some chalk with embedded broken flint, not a good place to fall off - the flint can rip you like a jagged knife.

Edit: forgot to say, on the rough flinty wide singletrack downhill on the other side hit 33mph before my courage ran out. :oops:

20220814_084244.jpg

20220814_084001.jpg

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Loads of great random pictures of folks bikes leant on stuff or just great scenery.

Is there a place for "Picture of the Day"
Can be your e-bike or the great terrain you have ridden.
Only stipulation, it has to be recent.

Might not be everyones cup of tea, but I love the places I ride.

Can I kick off with this evenings "daily exercise" run in beautiful Bilsdale, North Yorkshire,UK View attachment 28181

Apologies if this has been done before and died.

Edit: Oh and can we keep it to pictures (preferably one or two), and not degenerate into chat about what mudgaurd / tyre/ cable end , or whatever?
Post-card worthy🍻 IMHO

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Excuse me for posting a picture from September last year. This is the Cathedral Oak, thought to be over 1,000 years old, in Savernake Forest in England, being hugged by my wife Angie. Reminds me of the story about the sequoia tree and the butterfly.

View attachment 94925
i had always heard the phrase " Tree Huggers " Never actually thought it was a thing..... until now

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
While its debatable where and when the first purpose built mountain bike was built, it is widely accepted that Marin County in California claims that title with the likes of Joe Breeze, Tom Ritchey, Gary Fisher, and Charlie Kelly in the late 1970s. At that time, they used to race down an old gravel road at break neck speeds. Similar groups of riders sprang up in Santa Barbara and North Vancouver around the same time. Cove Bikes in North Vancouver was the place to be and get all the latest gear. From that store, several guys got together and started building new trails off of the existing Fire Service Roads on Seymour, Fromme and Cypress. Two of the most well know were Todd ‘Digger’ Fiander and ‘Dangerous’ Dan Cowan and a few short years latter, the North Shore "skinny" and structures were born! You can read more about the history of the North Shore HERE
After few months of learning to ride some local trails around the south side of Vancouver (around 15 years ago,) we heard about Fromme on the North Shore. On our first trip up, we basically got the sh!t scared out of us riding down a BLUE trail (Video HERE) as we found out that not all trails labeled BLUE are intermediate. After many years of practice, we can now "ride" all of the trails, but not every feature, but have paid our dues with countless crashes and injuries. If you ever make it over here, I would be happy to show you want I know.

Todd ‘Digger’ Fiander's Trail Ladies Only (one of many he made) is still one of the most difficult ones on Fromme but is still ridden today mostly how it was built in the day. Video HERE
Ladies Only.jpg

Roller with Optional Rock face drop
Roller 1.jpg

Structure with Teeter
Pond.jpg

Structure to Drop
Drop.jpg

For shear insanity, you have to look at Dangerous Dan's work (The Flying Circus) which has not been ridden in 15 years. Documentary Video HERE

Structure is less than 8" wide and 15' off the ground. There is a teeter thrown in for good measure!
Flying Circus Teeter.jpg

One of many 10+ foot off the ground structures that litter the trail.
Structures 02.jpg

Lobotomizer Structure: Very Long skinner to a very steep exit!
Structures.jpg

15' Drop of an 8" skinny to a very small landing transistion!
Flying Circus Drop 03.jpg

There are countless unsanctioned trails on the North Shore that are just as difficult, in different ways, but gone are the crazy high skinnies as they were difficult to maintain in the moist West Coast weather.

Last edited:

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
While its debatable where and when the first purpose built mountain bike was built, it is widely accepted that Marin County in California claims that title with the likes of Joe Breeze, Tom Ritchey, Gary Fisher, and Charlie Kelly in the late 1970s. At that time, they used to race down an old gravel road at break neck speeds. Similar groups of riders sprang up in Santa Barbara and North Vancouver around the same time. Cove Bikes in North Vancouver was the place to be and get all the latest gear. From that store, several guys got together and started building new trails off of the existing Fire Service Roads on Seymour, Fromme and Cypress. Two of the most well know were Todd ‘Digger’ Fiander and ‘Dangerous’ Dan Cowan and a few short years latter, the North Shore "skinny" and structures were born! You can read more about the history of the North Shore HERE
After few months of learning to ride some local trails around the south side of Vancouver (around 15 years ago,) we heard about Fromme on the North Shore. On our first trip up, we basically got the sh!t scared out of us riding down a BLUE trail (Video HERE) as we found out that not all trails labeled BLUE are intermediate. After many years of practice, we can now "ride" all of the trails, but not every feature, but have paid our dues with countless crashes and injuries. If you ever make it over here, I would be happy to show you want I know.

Todd ‘Digger’ Fiander's Trail Ladies Only (one of many he made) is still one of the most difficult ones on Fromme but is still ridden today mostly how it was built in the day. Video HERE
View attachment 94966

Roller with Optional Rock face drop
View attachment 94969

Structure with Teeter
View attachment 94970

Structure to Drop
View attachment 94971

For shear insanity, you have to look at Dangerous Dan's work (The Flying Circus) which has not been ridden in 15 years. Documentary Video HERE

Structure is less than 8" wide and 15' off the ground. There is a teeter thrown in for good measure!
View attachment 94972

One of many 10+ foot off the ground structures that litter the trail.
View attachment 94973

Lobotomizer Structure: Very Long skinner to a very steep exit!
View attachment 94975

15' Drop of an 8" skinny to a very small landing transistion!
View attachment 94974

There are countless unsanctioned trails on the North Shore that are just as difficult, in different ways, but gone are the crazy high skinnies as they were difficult to maintain in the moist West Coast weather.

Iconic names from the birth of modern day mountain biking as seen and enjoyed on many old videos and dvds…….
But back in the day when I kid a few of us would make the best bikes we could out of many old scrapper’s (sometimes with no tyres just bare rims ) and ride them round the fields the into the river Witham and did silly stuff…..once the biking is in the blood it never leaves you…..
Great pics 🤙

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles