Trip Video - Riding With New Friends

Rod B.

Aug 18, 2021
USA, Orange County Ca.
Hello everybody,

One of the nice things about this forum has been the many new people I've met online and now ride with as friends. Thank you eMTB Forum for this opportunity to meet new people.

In September, a few friends and I did a two week mountain bike road trip to various places across the United States. We started the trip from Hurricane Utah and drove to Bentonville Arkansas. Along the way, we stopped at various places to ride. The riding was absolutely incredible and the scenery beautiful. I think we put about 3,500 miles on my buddy Dan's truck.

During the trip, my buddies and I took a lot of pictures. I made a picture video using the pictures from the trip. The video turned out nice. I am attaching a Google Drive link in case you would like to watch the video. I hope you enjoy it. The video is about 25 minutes long and formatted for 1080P high def viewing. Depending upon your internet connection, the video may default to a blurry 360P. If it does this, click on the gear symbol in the lower right corner of the screen and reset/change the video quality to 1080P.

I've never done this before and I'm pretty sure it will crash the system If too many people click on the link at the same time. I know Google Drive limits daily traffic on accounts to 750GB of traffic a day. If the video doesn't download, I would suggest waiting a bit and then re-click on the link to watch the video.

I don't use a GoPro. One of these days maybe, but not today. Yes, I know they are good, but I hate messing with electronics. You'll have to settle with pictures and video taken with my iPhone. Occasionally, we didn't take any pictures, we were having too much fun to stop. This happened on more than a few occasions. Therefore, I shamelessly obtained pictures from the internet to show some of the trails. Yes...Yes.. I know, if I had a GoPro I wouldn't need to use other pictures. 99% of the pictures were taken by me or my friends.

My friends and I frequently travel to various places to ride. Hurricane Utah and Las Vegas Nevada are some of my favorite places for a quick in and out trip. Rob, EMTB Forum a.k.a. Rusty Iron, my other buddies and I, did a trip this last weekend to Hurricane Utah and Las Vegas Nevada. During the trip we rode Guacamole Mesa, Gooseberry Mesa and Little Creek Mesa. On the drive home, we stopped in Las Vegas and rode Ike's Peek/Menny Thanks trail located in the Blue Diamond trail system.

Gooseberry Mesa:

Little Creek Mesa:

Guacamole Mesa:

Ike's Peek is a fantastic intermediate ride, a little bit technical with some exposure and a lot of flow and drops mixed in.

It's always nice to ride with new people. It's a scary experience meeting and riding with somebody new for the first time. A person may wonder if the other person is going to be a nut? Are they going to be an "A" Type and smoke me on the trail? Interestingly, none of that has ever happened to me. Instead, I've been left with so many good times, good memories and many new and great riding partners.

If you'd like to do a ride with me and my friends on some upcoming trips, shot me a message and let me know you are interested. I live in Orange County, California. If you are from Europe and plan to visit Orange County, shoot me a message. I'll arrange to get you a bike and I'll take you on some of Orange County's trails. If you are available for a bike trip, so much the better.

Gooseberry Mesa with view of Zion Nation Park. Red Bull Rampage takes place near and below Gooseberry Mesa. The trail occasionally follows the mesa rim.
IMG_2213.JPG

I'm (Rod) closest to the camera. Rob from the eMTB forum, aka Rusty Iron is wearing red next to me. We had ten people from my ride group for this trip.
IMG_2218.JPG

Ed on Gooseberry's South Point with his Orbea Rise
IMG_2204.JPG

Trail along the rim
IMG_0908.JPG

IMG_8658.JPG

Rob on his Heckler working the rim of the mesa. You don't want to be afraid of heights.
IMG_8600.JPG

My buddy Dan pinch flatted his rear tire casing on Little Creek Mesa. We enjoyed a snack while watching him work. As a side note, the bikes consisted on Trek Rails, Orbea Rises, a Niner and Specialized Levo's.
IMG_2231.JPG

Fun rock sections on Gooseberry. I absolutely love this type of rock crawling.
IMG_0944.JPG

Working a rock section on my Rise
IMG_4134.JPG

Ed from Rock n Road Cyclery and I on Ike's Peek.
IMG_8700.JPG

Ike's Peek trail, one of many really good Las Vegas trails
IMG_0539a.jpg

Rob working the trail
IMG_2241 (2).JPG
IMG_8700.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles