FINALLY a video on the Alloy rise

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Found out from my dealer that my bike was shipped and is already in the US waiting to clear customs so it should be to them by the end of next week and to me shortly after. Rider Connect works!

Snowrydr01

Dec 15, 2021
Jeeptj01!
Found out from my dealer that my bike was shipped and is already in the US waiting to clear customs so it should be to them by the end of next week and to me shortly after. Rider Connect works!

When did you order it? When I tried my LBS in December they said there weren't getting g their allotment until May and they couldn't order any more?

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
When did you order it? When I tried my LBS in December they said there weren't getting g their allotment until May and they couldn't order any more?
From what I understand Orbea slotted deliveries of bikes across the country for delivery throughout the year. Regardless of when the location sells the slot….the slot delivery date stays the same. For example If you just order from a website like Jenson or In person at ur LBS you may have ordered last December but their slot may have been in June. If a shop has a slot that goes unsold and that date passes the their slot goes to the next paid slot. Through their rider connect program online on their website where you can check availability to find your closest dealer and delivery date or fastest delivery date from anywhere. You then build ur bike with upgrades that are available in the mini-myo (parts only) or MyO (pain/parts) then you send the reservation to the dealer you choose who then calls you to complete the transaction.

I reserved my H15 via Orbea.com Rider-Connect on Saturday 2/5/2022. Expected delivery was feb 20-2x,…I chose fastest delivery date and picked a shop in Oregon….no sales tax. The shops closest to me had dates in April/June depending on color. That night the shop called to confirm what I wanted and they placed the order Monday 2/7/22. The shop I ordered from didn’t do anything special….I just ordered the bike from their assigned slot. If I didn’t order it. that reservation slot would have went to a different shop who already had their later reservation sold.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
Yes, but "oppositely" :- ). Fox developed the simpler and cheaper "Grip" damper off their "Grip2" for Marzocchi range but also shortly later repurposed for their OEM Fox Rhytm range.
So Marzochi Z1/Z2 are the very same forks as For 36/34 Rhytm in that they share:

- Grip damper (although there are multiple versions of it, one called "Sweep" and one with clicks.
- Heavier weight by about 200 grams because of lowers made from 6000 Alloy (as opposed to Float with 7000)

They differ in chassis, with Z1/Z2 having their own Marzzochi look while Fox Rhytm range uses old (pre 2021) Fox chassis.

It's only marketing segmentation where Fox sponsored athletes have to run Marzocchi if they're freeriders.
But it's interesting that Marzocchi is specced as OEM on normal enduro/trail bikes in lieu of Rhytm. Might have to do something with current shortage and shipping issues, as otherwise Marzocchi would be Kenevo, but Rise would get Rhytm.
Unless I misread you I'm not sure all this is correct. The bomber fork doesn't use the grip damper like the fox performance and rhythm. I believe it uses a "rail" damper.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
Sorry, covering one more point, they would not be "losing" any money to the "competition", all of the 2022 orders are in and locked and they shipping to complete these orders that are allready placed for the year. Since they are not consumer direct (not counting the customization plan) they only way they would lose to "competition" is if bike shops and distributors thought they would be better of selling another brand. What they are losing is cashflow. The reality is the parts availability is so constrained that even if they could take more 2022 order they as wel as every bike shop knows they would never be able to fill it.

Well it depends. I don't know how orbea get paid, if it's by the shops for the stock then i guess it makes no difference for them. If its somehow from the actual sale to the customer
The weight of the alloy frame & larger battery of H over the M is 1.4kg
Its actually 1.6kg. The battery is 500g heavier - 2.7kg vs 2.2kg on carbon and the frame is 1.1kg heavier.

1.4kg is the weight of the range extender not including bottle cage.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Unless I misread you I'm not sure all this is correct. The bomber fork doesn't use the grip damper like the fox performance and rhythm. I believe it uses a "rail" damper.

I had to double-check and now I see what happens. Z1 is identical to Fox Rhytm, but Z2 has altered Grip where they removed IFP and indeed call it 'Rail'. I stand corrected, thanks :- ).

I thought the difference in Z1/Z2 was just stanchion thickness and travel (just like 34 vs 36), I didn't know Z2 was also more budget version.
What sucks is that Z2 only comes up to 140mm in 29" so they're really intentionally crippling that particular build.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
My Custom H15 is at the shop. Getting shipped to me tomorrow afternoon or thursday at the latest. 1-2 day shipping from Oregon to NorCal. I Should have it in hand by Friday or Monday.

benzy

Dec 1, 2021
California
I heard it from Mikes Bikes who is the second largest US online distributor of Orbea behind JensonUSA. Further, my bike is ordered from Jenson but the information was volunteered by Mikes Bikes when i had them on the phone asking about something else. There was no sales pitch here either as I was one of the first orders so i locked my price in before the $400 increase so it benefits me to just wait it out. The news from Mikes Bikes aligned with the announcement of the $400 per bike shipping increase and makes sense if they have to air ship everything. As far i am aware that per day shipping number is PER DAY and not accrued to make larger shipments say once a week. So any delivery date is a WILD guess at this point.

I heard basically the same from my LBS with far less details. Just that alternatives to container shipping may delay delivery.

That being said, Mikes is kind of sketchy with these situations and they do spin stories to their customers (see the 2021 Specialized debacle) and it wouldn’t surprise me to learn they pulled that 60 bikes/day figure out of thin air.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I heard basically the same from my LBS with far less details. Just that alternatives to container shipping may delay delivery.

That being said, Mikes is kind of sketchy with these situations and they do spin stories to their customers (see the 2021 Specialized debacle) and it wouldn’t surprise me to learn they pulled that 60 bikes/day figure out of thin air.
I think a lot of L-BS’s must not understand Orbea’s allotment system when it comes to getting their bikes. If a shop orders in January but their slot is December….they have to wait 12 months. If other shops don’t order in their slot and their allotted slot date passes then another shops spot moves forward. There is no shipping issue if I am receiving my bike 3 weeks after I ordered it. It was delivered at the exact time the shop was allotted to receive the bike and as it seems I am receiving my H15 long before a lot of people who have ordered in December…. My advice to anyone buying an Orbea….use Rider Connect to reserve ur bike.

benzy

Dec 1, 2021
California
I think a lot of L-BS’s must not understand Orbea’s allotment system when it comes to getting their bikes. If a shop orders in January but their slot is December….they have to wait 12 months. If other shops don’t order in their slot and their allotted slot date passes then another shops spot moves forward. There is no shipping issue if I am receiving my bike 3 weeks after I ordered it. It was delivered at the exact time the shop was allotted to receive the bike and as it seems I am receiving my H15 long before a lot of people who have ordered in December…. My advice to anyone buying an Orbea….use Rider Connect to reserve ur bike.

I think these shops have it down. The process is just as you described. I was able to choose from nearly a year's worth of inventory, but unfortunately the exact model/size/color I wanted was estimated mid Feb. I do remember anthracite H15s were supposed to come mid Jan but it looks like those are just starting to hit the wild.

Good to know about rider connect, didnt think of using it since I wasn't customizing.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
Longfellow, great info.thanks. So M with RE should be 0.2kg lighter than H without. 612 M vs 500 H in battery capacity.
Pretty close all things being equal - the bottle cage on the RE may add a little. There is no like for like spec across the H and M bikes though. the closest is the M20 vs the H30, which is I believe identical in spec except the H30 has the Z2, compared to the 34 performance on the M20. On that basis I would expect the M20 with RE to be 350 to 400g lighter than the H30.

My H15 is going to have upgraded wheels, bar, saddle, seatpost, and stem, and hence I expect it to be lighter than a stock M10 with a range extender by a couple of hundred grams.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire

Wishful thinking but I assume there is no way to check the status of a bike I have already ordered at my LBS by rider connect? Thanks

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
I ordered a medium H15 in blue and grey, all stock, in the UK from "ebikeshop.co.uk" also called the "uk electric bike company" I believe.

benzy

Dec 1, 2021
California
I ordered a medium H15 in blue and grey, all stock, in the UK from "ebikeshop.co.uk" also called the "uk electric bike company" I believe.
At least in my region only bikes that can be reserved appear. I’d actually be worried if you saw your model up for grabs on rider connect ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles