What's your riding profile?

SillyPosition

Mar 26, 2022
Israel
So I just completed my third ride with the carbon M20 today.
I dont get it, who uses boost?
My profile is:
Echo: Assist: 1 / Max torque: 24nM / Assist start: 5
Trail: Assist: 4 / Max torque: 38nM / Assist start: 5

I ride mostly with eco, get estimated range of nearly 100 km, I use garmin watch to track metrics during the ride and usually assist level is like 3-12%. In flat terrain it feels like almost no assist, in climbs its a bit more noticable...
Im out of shape so in long lasting, steep hills, I go up to trail mode.

But boost - who can use it? It blows you away and feels so unnatural. there is no relation between pedaling and the kick that the motor provides. Its simply insane. I dont feel it very useful. I'd rather not pedal at all, than pretend to be pedaling and get this amount of torque.

What's your setting folks?
Maybe I should have my boost lowered in assist or lowered power? does it makes sense?

neilo

Jan 25, 2022
Australia
I was the same as you when I first got my M10. But 4 months in and I am using boost more and more. It's a lot of fun blasting up single track climbs at crazy speeds, needing to brake into uphill corners, etc. It gets addictive. I do still drop back to trail mode for more technical sections and I use a mix of eco and off when riding with unassisted friends. I am in Profile 2 factory default settings.

Mike C

Jan 23, 2020
Ramona, CA
My profile is:

I ride mostly with eco, get estimated range of nearly 100 km, I use garmin watch to track metrics during the ride and usually assist level is like 3-12%. In flat terrain it feels like almost no assist, in climbs its a bit more noticable...

But boost - who can use it? It blows you away and feels so unnatural. there is no relation between pedaling and the kick that the motor provides. Its simply insane. I dont feel it very useful. I'd rather not pedal at all, than pretend to be pedaling and get this amount of torque.

Maybe I should have my boost lowered in assist or lowered power? does it makes sense?
I'm using the default assist settings on my M10. I use Eco almost exclusively, Trail sometimes on hills and Boost maybe twice over thee past 200 miles. Boost is way too much for me. Using profile 2.

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
Think I'm on profile #2 and never use eco :)
If I'm going up a steep hill I'll boost it otherwise I'm in trail every other time. Cant say I do massive km's (30-40km mostly) so range is not an issue for me. I love how this bike has opened up technical UPHILL riding that I could never do on a normal bike..

I do find boost too much for most single trail and agree it is not very natural for that, trail is perfect.

Last edited:

Teriatric

Subscriber
Oct 29, 2021
North East England
Eco mainly for me, very rarely Trail mode and nearly always switched to "Off" on the flat and going down. I get home with at least 3 bars left after 20-25 miles and 2000-3000 ft. Spot on for battery storage before recharging for next ride (usually 2-3 weeks apart). I agree that Boost is crackers, I've only used it for towing knackered analogue riders uphill (short bursts to avoid overheating and very high cadence).

Formulasuper

Mar 9, 2022
Atlanta
My profile is:

Wait until you’re in your 70’s, you’ll enjoy the turbo mode.

vladej

Jun 28, 2021
Slovenia
I ride my M20 on default profile #1. Mostly in Trail mode. Very rarely Boost. Only on step technical climbs, full of rocks or roots.
Usually I get home with 3 bars of battery after 40 km ride with 1000 m of climbing. My wife on the same ride returns with 2 bars. Also, on M20.

sam.spoons

Sep 8, 2022
M11MM
First proper ride on my new Urrun 30 on Friday. I have since toned boost down a little (to 43NM) but it did mean I could finesse up some short steep gnarly climbs where on an analogue bike I'd have been struggling just to keep spinning. I'm 70 next March FWIW and bought the Urrun in the hopes that I could get back to some of the rides I used to do 20+ years ago.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles