Pic of the Day

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
From our weekend ride in the Diamond Head area of Squamish BC. This is from a pretty well known flow trail called Half Nelson (and that's me waiting for my riding buddy):

Xn7wyjw.jpg

And this is from a trail called Ditch Pig and the bridge actually crosses over Half Nelson (this is from a video clip so it's not quite as good resolution) :

xNkLZ7l.jpg

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
A couple of laps riding the Ladies on the North Shore yesterday. I have never understood how builders come up with their whimsical/sarcastic trail names but I am sure there are good reasons for them. Two of the more difficult old school raw trails on Fromme are called Ladies Only and Grannies. I have been working on the first drop on Ladies, which requires you to clear a jagged stump that is at least 3 feet across. The jump points you into a tree. Trail builders have such a sense of humor. Self shot using a Gopro on a tripod.

Ladies 1.jpg

The next few photos are from Grannies. Very old school with significant rock slabs with a few roots throw in for good measure.
Grannies.jpg

Starts wit an 8" root to hop over.
Grannies 1.jpg

Ends with a 2 foot drop into some chunk!
Grannies 1a.jpg

Starts with a hollowed out tree skinny to drop onto a drop slab with ends with a steep rock slab into some gnar.
Grannies Rock 2.jpg

Grannies Rock 2a.jpg

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
This is after a very loose and hard left turn. Saw two people crash in to the bridge here.
in other news I’m 18 seconds behind the fastest all time rider. Pretty sure those fuckers take the flat chicken line around the jumps, and are fast.
View attachment 95146
Poor track design. They can't afford a little wood/rock berm. This would be unacceptable in Canada. Try Redbull, it gives you wings!

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
One or two from yesterday's bridleway tidy-up in Kielder Forest..( I ache like hell this morning )..its going to take a while to clear this some parts are still OK..but seedling trees are starting to take over ..200yds down ..2miles to go !!
Ian Bell ..master torturer ...

After the 30C+ days and a bit of rain everything is growing like crazy except for some of the trees, typically oak and beech, which are already shedding their leaves - a portent perhaps of an early autumn. Where we are (Chichester, West Sussex) its a "mast"* year - acorns, berries, seeds galore.

* mast: Mast (botany) - Wikipedia

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Took the normy out last Saturday & bust a spoke on the way home. So, new spoke, true the wheel, re-tape the rim, blow tire up with a tube to half seat it, take the tube out, re-seat it with my ghetto inflator, add sealant, check for leaks in the bath...

Zsg5rYMG.jpg

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Poor track design. They can't afford a little wood/rock berm. This would be unacceptable in Canada. Try Redbull, it gives you wings!

Ahdunno, man. The picture makes it look like the trail is groomed and swept free of any traction-robbing debris. The bridge is wide enough for Rob Ford's electric scooter, and there's a strip of non-slip coating running down the middle so he doesn't loose traction when he spills his poutine. Inspired trail design and maintenance are nice, but I'm a fan of more "natural" trails were not every corner needs to be built up, and a bridge built over every ravine.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Ahdunno, man. The picture makes it look like the trail is groomed and swept free of any traction-robbing debris. The bridge is wide enough for Rob Ford's electric scooter, and there's a strip of non-slip coating running down the middle so he doesn't loose traction when he spills his poutine. Inspired trail design and maintenance are nice, but I'm a fan of more "natural" trails were not every corner needs to be built up, and a bridge built over every ravine.
Well @BAMBAMODA is working on another KOM for this trail and has suggested that the faster riders are not playing fair and not riding the trail as it was intended. These kind of trails are not for me (I like natural tech trails as well) but its supposed to be a flow jump trail meant to be ridden fast, then you should be able to maintain trail speed thru out the entire trail. No brakes for the win!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Well @BAMBAMODA is working on another KOM for this trail and has suggested that the faster riders are not playing fair and not riding the trail as it was intended. These kind of trails are not for me (I like natural tech trails as well) but its supposed to be a flow jump trail meant to be ridden fast, then you should be able to maintain trail speed thru out the entire trail. No brakes for the win!
He gets my vote for Knob of the Mountain ! 🤪 😁 ... sorry bam ...

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
( More than ) A few pics from todays rain drenched ride in the Cheviot Hills .
A ride report is in the " Rideout Section "
Group shot ..
20220820_120622.jpg

L to R ..Steve, Richy, Alan , Jaco, Tony ( crc), the yellow helmet belongs to Gwyneth, Louise, Dave ..in the background ..Wayne , Drew ( who isn't doing what it looks like !! ), Tony ( bro) ..
20220820_120654.jpg

Heading towards the mountain refuge hut on Beefstand Hill along The Border Ridge ..
20220820_120702.jpg

Foreground shots ..First up ..Steve
20220820_130704.jpg

Apologies to Louise..you were too quick ( or I was too slow ).
Next ..Richy
20220820_130730.jpg

Drew
20220820_130738.jpg

20220820_130745.jpg

Alan ..
20220820_130740.jpg

20220820_130749.jpg

Gwyneth
20220820_130753.jpg

20220820_130800.jpg

Jaco
20220820_130804.jpg

Tony ( bro )
20220820_130811.jpg

Tony crc..who at this stage was battling gamely on with a loss of power to the motor..Dave behind him..pic didn't take !
20220820_130817.jpg

Wayne
20220820_130844.jpg

20220820_130846.jpg

Thanks again to all for a great turnout in appalling conditions ..

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
As you saw earlier in the earlier part of this thread, a big rideout was had in atrocious conditions at the start but dried up mid-way.

Here's some piccies...

Exposed and remote
Cheviots01.jpg

Group pics...
Cheviots Group 01.jpg

Cheviots Group 02.jpg

Stop for a quick dry out, empty shoes, socks of water, grab a bite to eat...
Cheviots Refuge.jpg

Group descent...
Cheviots Group 03.jpg

Thanks everyone, see you again soon.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles