Pic of the Day

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Short(ish) ride this afternoon...

Darwen Moor, Jubilee Tower, etc. Good weather (in fact very warm and very little breeze, very dry and loose).

18.9 miles, 2500ft, 1271kCals.

Jubilee Rise.jpg

Darwen Moor Rise.jpg

Prior to that we walked up Rivington in the morning with Bandit...

Took my digital SLR this time.

Pigeon Tower
Pigeon-Tower.jpg

Bandit, now 6 months old...
Bandit_Rivi_01.jpg

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
To be honest, we don't live anywhere near the trails we ride. We actually have to drive up to 2 hours to get to the trails I post pictures of us riding. Living on the Fraser River is like living on the Thames except 1000 km longer.
instagram 0.jpg

Old Pump track. Mt. Baker (local ski hill) in the background.

instagram 00.jpg

Closest Trail (Rated Pink). My wife in the background (No Photoshop). I am going to pay for that one. 🤷‍♂️

instagram 01.jpg

Fields of "Bullrushes" AKA Marijuana. The stuff grows like weed around here.
instagram 02.jpg

Last edited:

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
To be honest, we don't live anywhere near the trails we ride. We actually have to drive up to 2 hours to get to the trails I post pictures of us riding. Living on the Fraser River is like living on the Thames except 1000 km longer.
View attachment 95908

Old Pump track. Mt. Baker (local ski hill) in the background.

View attachment 95909

Closest Trail (Rated Pink). My wife in the background (No Photoshop). I am going to pay for that one. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 95910

Fields of "Bullrushes" AKA Marijuana. The stuff grows like weed around here.
View attachment 95914

That must be the Richmond side of the Fraser?

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
So I was at the Malverns Festival this weekend, it is the best weekend of the year!
There was riding (small amount) Race watching (small amount)chatting with legends (small amount) Drinking (large amount) Partying (unknown)
Camping with my short-neck giraffe was great fun and he loved all the attention, he's still sleeping now.
No2 did her first DH race, back on an analogue bike which she enjoyed surprisingly.
If you've not done it, you need to, even my bike-hating wife enjoys it.
Bob Haro jpg.jpg

1661859569230.png

1661859593788.png

1661859613596.png

1661859673374.png

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
Due to osteomyelitis, I’ve been 1-legged and off my bikes for most of this summer.

With the advent of the annual #greatcyclechallenge2022 looming (I’ve participated for several years) and due to basically losing my damn mind because I’ve not been able to get out and ride, I purchased a badass handcycle this past weekend. A ReActive Adaptations NUKE with a Bafang motor and display.

The possibility of a below-the-knee amputation is becoming more of a probability with each passing day so, while I wait on the gears of our lovely American healthcare system to do something other than grind to a halt, I’m gonna spend as much time as possible on the road and singletrack.

Got the leg trays and seat adjusted to my liking last night, the battery is all charged up, bottle carrier and tool bag are attached, now it’s time to RIDE!

IMG_0024.jpg

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Due to osteomyelitis, I’ve been 1-legged and off my bikes for most of this summer.

With the advent of the annual #greatcyclechallenge2022 looming (I’ve participated for several years) and due to basically losing my damn mind because I’ve not been able to get out and ride, I purchased a badass handcycle this past weekend. A ReActive Adaptations NUKE with a Bafang motor and display.

The possibility of a below-the-knee amputation is becoming more of a probability with each passing day so, while I wait on the gears of our lovely American healthcare system to do something other than grind to a halt, I’m gonna spend as much time as possible on the road and singletrack.

Got the leg trays and seat adjusted to my liking last night, the battery is all charged up, bottle carrier and tool bag are attached, now it’s time to RIDE!

View attachment 96106
That rig needs some fat tyres on it!
Seriously though, I was wondering where you'd been, and wish you well for the future.
Keep us posted with more trip photos regardless of the number of wheels on your wagon 😁

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I don't have the views you all have, but there's cute box turtles.
View attachment 95918

Hit 2000 miles on the cargo bike.
View attachment 95921

Was using it as a trail building rig. It's an e bike hauling e tools to build trails I'll ride with my eMTB
View attachment 95919

Some fresh trail
View attachment 95920
So I was at the Malverns Festival this weekend, it is the best weekend of the year!
There was riding (small amount) Race watching (small amount)chatting with legends (small amount) Drinking (large amount) Partying (unknown)
Camping with my short-neck giraffe was great fun and he loved all the attention, he's still sleeping now.
No2 did her first DH race, back on an analogue bike which she enjoyed surprisingly.
If you've not done it, you need to, even my bike-hating wife enjoys it.
View attachment 96064
View attachment 96065
View attachment 96066
View attachment 96067
View attachment 96069

Wheels seem to be getting bigger and bigger.
26 inch, 27.5 inch, 29 inch and now 6 foot wheels!!

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
That's a blue??

Over here, a blue would be a flat muddy path around a lake or something. The type of trail you could take a kid on with stabilisers/ training wheels.

Yours looks more fun.
Sorry, I missed your question. I was thinking of the second trail, Leave of Absence (lots of rock rolls), which is a Blue. Pamplemousse is actually a rated as a Black as it has one optional 8 foot drop on it, but we think of it as a Blue trail as its nothing like the other Black trails around here! The trail rating system uses the same one for summer and winter with Green/Blue/Black/Double Black and Red (Pro Line). In BC, this rating system can be some what vague mountain to mountain, trail to trail and is usually rated by the most difficult feature on the trail. For instance, the #2 Globally rated trail is rated Black but locally rated Blue as there so many more difficult trails rated Black in the area, it makes no sense!

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
That rig needs some fat tyres on it!
Seriously though, I was wondering where you'd been, and wish you well for the future.
Keep us posted with more trip photos regardless of the number of wheels on your wagon

Thanks, man!

Having to do research about the battery shutting off at odd times. Bafang is certainly not my preferred drive. Damn, but I wish it was possible to buy a Bosch motor kit.

Got in 13 miles of road and some gravel last night. Felt amazing to be back on a bike.
B382DF78-741E-48A2-BCBF-4A7B671B0CB3.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Last minute decision to have a days holiday. Classic riding day with good technical and fast flowing decents. Steep long climbs even on the mobility scooter.😀

View attachment 96272

View attachment 96273

View attachment 96274

View attachment 96275

View attachment 96276

View attachment 96277

View attachment 96278

View attachment 96279

View attachment 96280

View attachment 96281
Bolts Law ..a few pics back..
Where is this ..Reeth / Gunnerside is my guess..??

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I had to re-arrange things last minute today ..so upon reading your post..thought I would have a little Bolts Law action myself ..just a there and back from Edmundbyers ..
Upon return I still wanted more so drove to Blanchland and did the Pennypie / Carriers Way loop..then undid all the good work with a Zinger Trilogy box meal from KFC at Consett 😋
20220903_130737.jpg

20220903_145730.jpg

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
On the way into the Alice lake trails there is a trail called Tracks from Hell. It is not all that difficult unless you fall off the 75+m bridge that traverses the swamp (it can be difficult to get started again). The added level of difficulty is that it is a two way trail and it had a blind corner on it so you never know if someone is coming the other way!
Tracks from Hell.jpg

Rupert is an easy Black trail which makes its way down the mountain connecting rock roll after rock roll. Come to think of it, I think most Squamish trails do that. Nothing a Levo SL can't handle.

Rupert.JPG

Rupert 2.JPG

rupert 03a.JPG

Rupert 3.JPG

Rupert 4.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles