Pic of the Day

Mr Tonka

Apr 19, 2024
Tampa
Did you run somebody over or is the budget shuttle hanging at the rear bumper? 😂

When you did such long downhill how were the brakes / pads doing? 🤔
haha. I did a double take on that one myself. But I was out of the van because loaded down it had a difficult time getting over this little creek crossing. The back bumper caught on something and the driver was checking it out.

Oh man, about 10,000' a day for 8 days, the pads were crying after every stop. But, I'm still running those pads. Probably close to needing to be changed.

Bad-Latitude

Aug 21, 2022
Simi Valley
Quick ride on some local trails. These trails used to be an amazing single track jump line on the top of a ridge but the last few rain storms did some crazy damage to the trails. Super overgrown and huge ruts.

IMG_4090.jpeg
IMG_4091.jpeg

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
That's a head f**k right there! If that was a brick wall instead of a kerb on the edge of the canal, I'd do it without hesitation. But the possibility of a drop into the water just sets me on edge. :oops:

It's a bit like riding a white line on the road, easy-peasy. Put a 12" wide plank ten feet in the air and it's a no-no. :eek:
as with most photos, the steps are steeper than they look and the bridge arch is lower than it looks. So even if you got down the steps, completed the tight left turn with aplomb, you would then crack your head on the bridge, fall gracefully into the canal, then catch Weils Disease and die. It’s for this reason that I decided that discretion is the greater part of valour and bottled out.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Quick ride on some local trails. These trails used to be an amazing single track jump line on the top of a ridge but the last few rain storms did some crazy damage to the trails. Super overgrown and huge ruts.

View attachment 139292 View attachment 139293
Perfect candidate to be awarded in Thread 'Who's got the biggest ruts?' 🙂
Who's got the biggest ruts?

Good example for what happens when there is no vegetation stabilizing the ground when rain keeps flooding.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
as with most photos, the steps are steeper than they look and the bridge arch is lower than it looks. So even if you got down the steps, completed the tight left turn with aplomb, you would then crack your head on the bridge, fall gracefully into the canal, then catch Weils Disease and die. It’s for this reason that I decided that discretion is the greater part of valour and bottled out.
It would not be a graceful fall! There would be heroic flailing about while I tried to avoid the inevitable, then a lot of wailing as I recognised the inevitable, followed by an enormous splash. Then some gasping and splashing as I swam to the side and heaved myself out. Followed by a pause whilst I dripped and checked that I still had my Oakleys on. Followed by another splash I as I jumped back in to retrieve my bike. Followed by yet more splashing and heaving as I got the bike onto the towpath. Followed by a series of foul and sulphurous curses as I realised that my bike was toast and it was a long push home. :eek:

So, I agree that you were correct to bottle out. Discretion was the correct course of action. :)

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
You've probably seen these before ? 😂
Love this tree ..its the only one around for miles and if the bastard who cut the icon down at Sycamore Gap ever lays a finger on this one I will hunt him down like a dog and end his days ..
1000005983.jpg

Looking back to where I started ..and as it was a there and back ..knowing that it's going to be a blast on the return
1000005984.jpg

The trig point & Cairn at the top of Bolts Law looking north towards the Cheviot Hills in the very far distance ..
1000005985.jpg

..on zoom ..
1000005986.jpg

This was supposed to be part one ..with a loop out of Blanchland to follow ..however when I was about a half mile from the car just prior to a sharp right into a stream crossing I notice there was nowt happening with the rear brake ..upon inspection it became obvious why ..no pads or pin..could have been interesting !
3 sets of pads sitting at home but none in my back pack ..so that was that ..😭 1000005987.jpg
Eagle eyed folks will also have noticed a fully extended piston ..very strange as nothing remotely like this has ever happened previously.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Rear had about 4mm wobble so took it off and cleaned it enough to true it. Won't be truing this which was moved from my analog bike to my Rail about 3,000 miles ago. Obviously not up to repeated eMTB downhill abuse.

20240423_091006.jpg

Last edited:

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rear had about 4mm wobble so took it off and cleaned it enough to true it. Won't be truing this which was moved from my analog bike to my Rail about 3,000 miles ago. Obviously not up to repeated eMTB downhill abuse.

View attachment 139360
Is this what happens if the valve is not positioned between the X‘s? 🫣😉

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Congratulations, enjoy! 👍

Talked lately with the owner of a small but fine bike shop about the revival of cross-country race bikes. I just can not understand why I would use such a bike on non-asphalt roads when having a fully resp. why run such tyres when riding on a race bike. 🤔

View attachment 139438
I agree i won't be doing anything harder than a decent forestry road it will be for touring on quiet traffic free country roads . Same with the drop bars you have no control when it goes wrong .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles