Orbea Wild FS - a few questions

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Hi All,

I've just ordered an Orbea Wild FS M Team, looking forward to it turning up, it'll be my first e bike. Currently ride a 2018 YT capra CF.

I just have a few questions that I'm hoping some other orbea owners can answer:-

1. Does it come with valve to make the tyres tubeless?
2. Does anyone know if a fidlock magnet water bottle fits the frame? it looks like the twist action required to release the bottle might not be possible due to the cross braces of the frame.

Cheers

Minards

Oct 18, 2019
East Yorkshire
Hi All,

I've just ordered an Orbea Wild FS M Team, looking forward to it turning up, it'll be my first e bike. Currently ride a 2018 YT capra CF.

I just have a few questions that I'm hoping some other orbea owners can answer:-

1. Does it come with valve to make the tyres tubeless?
2. Does anyone know if a fidlock magnet water bottle fits the frame? it looks like the twist action required to release the bottle might not be possible due to the cross braces of the frame.

Cheers

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Thanks all, it should be with me by the back end of this week or early next week.

I'll let you know my thoughts, but they probably wont be worth much as I havent ridden an ebike before so got nothing to compare it to except my normal bikes.

For what its worth it was between this and a trek rail 9.8 xt , I went with the wild fs because it looked better value for money (if there is such a thing with an ebike), and I like to have lot of adjustability on the shock and fork to get it dialled in just right. I managed to get it at a slight discount, and figured that it would be months before the 2021 versions were in stock, and despite the fact that they will come with a fox 38 fork they will undoubtably be even more expensive.

My aim is to use this bike as my personal shuttle vehicle to get more downhill runs in on any given ride, and keep the capra for uplift days,and long weekends away in the alps, pyrenees,southern spain,finale etc where I always have an uplift.

I'm a bit concerned that it will make me lazy and unfit (not that I am that fit to start with), but we shall see.

Marchordie

Aug 4, 2020
Belgium
ride one, together with my son who is an enduro rider
excellent bike, geometry and suspension is top
second battery gives you quite some autonomy, no complaints except the kiox control is not a plus
prefer the purion as i am a Garmin user , my son just like to ride fast enduro tracks and the positions of the kiox display are not optimal...

Concept303

Jun 9, 2020
Norfolk
Hi, bought my M-Ltd a month or so ago, also my first EMTB, and absolutely love it! No regrets whatsoever. If I had to be picky, as others have reported, the 32T chain ring is a bit limiting on downhills, so a 36T is on the cards.

Jeffrey

Jul 29, 2020
Switzerland
ride one, together with my son who is an enduro rider
excellent bike, geometry and suspension is top
second battery gives you quite some autonomy, no complaints except the kiox control is not a plus
prefer the purion as i am a Garmin user , my son just like to ride fast enduro tracks and the positions of the kiox display are not optimal...
That's right, the original Kiox support is not optimal. The Acid holder is a good alternative, see pictures here:
The Focus picture thread and mods made - EMTB Forums

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Still waiting for my bike to arrive......so I'm idly wondering whether anyone has put an angleset on their wild fs, and if so how do you find it with the angleset?

I'm kind of thinking that a -1deg angleset might be worth doing. I'll ride mine without making any changes for a good while, but just interested in your thoughts?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
So the bike arrived yesterday, got it assembled and roughly set up the suspension and went for a quick spin on the roads to see what its like having a bit of electric power - really fun, like me but loads loads fitter. Going for a proper off road ride tomorrow so will see what its really like then.

The bike itself seems really good, high quality finish (it should be for the price!). As well as being my first e bike, its also my first 29er, so its going to take bit of getting used the big wheels, I ended up lowering the bars as far as they would go to get a position that felt more like my 27.5 normal bike. I also set the tyres up tubeless. I suspect I will end up changing the rear tyre for a doubledown casing, as I've never had any luck with exo+, I always seem to rip them within a few rides.

Not sure about the saddle, might end up changing that, it felt a bit uncomfortable.

Marchordie

Aug 4, 2020
Belgium
Indeed, we changed the saddle for a SQlab 612, much better comfort.
And yes, especially my son ruined both tyres very quickly on some rocky enduro decents... good grip but puncture resistance sucks.
We changed to the Assegai DD, great tyre, incredible grip under all circumstances, the high rolling resistance and weight does not matter on Ebike... so far so good, will see...

munky

Jul 24, 2020
Norway
Picked up my m20 on wednesday and been riding 60km on rough singletrack by now. To compare it to my old analog bikes (strive/jekyll 27.5), its agile and rolls so much better. Even suprised how good the fork and shock handled stuff. Gonna test it on more DH oriented stuff this weekend. Also have plans on some upgrades in the near future. All in all happy new ebiker :)

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Just been out for my first proper off road ride. These ebikes are brilliant. Did 19 miles and 3200feet of climbing and still had 38% battery left. Rode mostly in EMTB mode, with the occasional turbo. The bike just flies up anything, turning a boring slog into something fun, and the downhills are just as good as my normal bike, certainly no slower. It'll pop and hop off anything, not quite as agile as the normal bike, but not far off, and the suspension works brilliantly.

I'm now wondering why I didnt buy one ages ago - oh I know its because they've only recently started making enduro style e bikes.

What a great bike.

Peecee

Jun 30, 2020
UK
Not sure if you've found out yet but I've recently purchased the large fidlock bottle for my FS H20 and fits perfectly with plenty of room.

sfjenkins

Aug 21, 2020
UK
I've had my Wild FS H10 for about 6 weeks, just had 3 weeks in the French/Italian Alps, great bike except the battery now won't release, keys won't turn, lock seemed to jammed.

Marchordie

Aug 4, 2020
Belgium
Yes, thats a weak point...
Be carefull, i did brake already one key but luckily managed to get the piece out.
If the battery is stuck you wont be able to disassembly the lock mechanisme !

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Yes, thats a weak point...
Be carefull, i did brake already one key but luckily managed to get the piece out.
If the battery is stuck you wont be able to disassembly the lock mechanisme !
Does the lock sieze up? would it help to keep it oiled/lubricated?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
So - I've done a few more miles on the bike now, and its fantastic, I'm getting about 3300 feet of climbing and around 20 miles distance with about 30% battery left. Thats using turbo mode for long uphills, and emtb for everything else. I guess I could increase the range a lot if I used tour more - but at the moment I'm liking the minimal effort thing.

I've found that the fork steerer tube on the fox 36 ebike fork must have a narrower inside diameter than a regular fox 36 fork because the granite design steerer tube tool doesnt fit in it.

The fox float x2 shock came with one volume spacer installed - but I've added another because I felt it wasnt ramping up enough towards the end of the travel.

I've found that theres enough space on the inside of the battery cover to tape a spare chain quicklink and some tubeless tyre anchovies/plugs to it , so they're out of the way.

Offtimes

Jan 21, 2020
California
So - I've done a few more miles on the bike now, and its fantastic, I'm getting about 3300 feet of climbing and around 20 miles distance with about 30% battery left. Thats using turbo mode for long uphills, and emtb for everything else. I guess I could increase the range a lot if I used tour more - but at the moment I'm liking the minimal effort thing.

I've found that the fork steerer tube on the fox 36 ebike fork must have a narrower inside diameter than a regular fox 36 fork because the granite design steerer tube tool doesnt fit in it.

The fox float x2 shock came with one volume spacer installed - but I've added another because I felt it wasnt ramping up enough towards the end of the travel.

I've found that theres enough space on the inside of the battery cover to tape a spare chain quicklink and some tubeless tyre anchovies/plugs to it , so they're out of the way.
My granite tool to fit in the steerer tube without issue. Riding the H10, so possible the fox performance has different steerer tube then the factory.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
My granite tool to fit in the steerer tube without issue. Riding the H10, so possible the fox performance has different steerer tube then the factory.
Hmmm weird, mine definitely wouldn't fit.
Maybe there is a difference between factory and non factory forks?

P3t3r

Aug 29, 2020
North
I bought H25 version of this bike and really liking it. However if I ride flat sections longer (>5km) my hands are getting numb. Any advices how I would get some weight off my hands?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I bought H25 version of this bike and really liking it. However if I ride flat sections longer (>5km) my hands are getting numb. Any advices how I would get some weight off my hands?
Lift the handlebars, either by moving the stem further up the steerer tube, get a higher rise stem, or get a higher rise handlebar.

it will make it more difficult to weight the front when going down steeper stuff though.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
A few more things -

1. Don't wash the bike with it upside down. There is a hole at the bottom of the down tube which let's a lot of water enter the frame.

2. The battery cover rattles. You can stop this by sticking some rubber in between the two locating tabs at the bottom of the battery cover.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
A few more things -

1. Don't wash the bike with it upside down. There is a hole at the bottom of the down tube which let's a lot of water enter the frame.

2. The battery cover rattles. You can stop this by sticking some rubber in between the two locating tabs at the bottom of the battery cover.

I would say that your first point applies to all ebikes.

After knackering my Kiox display mount on an ill-advised otb, I have installed a GoPro compatible mount that fits rather nicely in its place. Milled aluminium rather than brittle polycarb that didn't stand up to impact. Check them out if you have the same issue.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
After knackering my Kiox display mount on an ill-advised otb, I have installed a GoPro compatible mount that fits rather nicely in its place. Milled aluminium rather than brittle polycarb that didn't stand up to impact. Check them out if you have the same issue.

got a link to what you bought?

jake--d

Mar 18, 2021
UK
Hey, has anyone successfully put a 27.5 on the rear of a Wild FS? I'm picking one up soon and being a pretty short guy I'm wondering about giving my back end a bit of room to breath over the 29"

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles