RIP Orbea WILD FS h20

Mar 10, 2022
United Kingdom
I still don’t understand how or why that happened. I can’t remember but did they just contact the local Orbea rep and ask them or contact Orbea directly and ask Orbea?

I contacted Orbea directly and had zero push back from them, they were happy to oblige.
I was out of the loop so I am not sure, but hey... I might just snap this one too ;)

ezgif-3-47255aec93.gif

Mar 10, 2022
United Kingdom
Ive always run mine on 2.4s it makes a good bit of difference feels much more nimble on turn in etc
I might have to try it with my other wheel set.

I just got it back from the the shop, the suspension feels like a magic carpet and it has tons of power but it just feels like an absolute hog to handle and won't really leave the ground.

Whilst it has been gone I a have been hitting the local trails on my wife's Marin Alpine trail and I feel like selling the Orbea now, because it feels so clunky.
279784058_734159487949203_3959953478989417943_n.jpeg

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Is the marin a lot lighter than the orbea? I'm guessing they weigh about the same, so what makes the marin feel like it does?

KempA

Jun 27, 2022
Germany
Hello everyone,

I have an Orbea Wild FS H10 for a few days now and have just completed my first tour. The bike rides great and I am very satisfied at first.
Afterwards, however, I briefly checked the bike completely and noticed 2 things:

1. The Fox DPS is leaking. The leak is only slight, but it is there. You can see some oil all around the valve.
I wanted to replace the rear shock with a Float X2 anyway. There is no Tune ID on the DPS which I can use as a reference. Does anyone know what to buy for the X2?

2. I noticed "holes" or "slits" on the frame underneath the rear shock. I have a few pictures here. Is this normal? Does it look like that on your bike too? Looks like there is a possibility of water and dirt getting in.
I attached some pictures oft the holes.

1.jpeg 2.jpeg 3.jpeg 4.jpeg

Last edited:

Richridesmtb

Jan 23, 2022
Australia
Hello everyone,

I have an Orbea Wild FS H10 for a few days now and have just completed my first tour. The bike rides great and I am very satisfied at first.
Afterwards, however, I briefly checked the bike completely and noticed 2 things:

1. The Fox DPS is leaking. The leak is only slight, but it is there. You can see some oil all around the valve.
I wanted to replace the rear shock with a Float X2 anyway. There is no Tune ID on the DPS which I can use as a reference. Does anyone know what to buy for the X2?

2. I noticed "holes" or "slits" on the frame underneath the rear shock. I have a few pictures here. Is this normal? Does it look like that on your bike too? Looks like there is a possibility of water and dirt getting in.

View attachment 91079 View attachment 91080 View attachment 91081 View attachment 91082
Would that stuff on the shock just be some grease coming out after assembly? After a hot day there is often a little bit of something around various connecting parts of new shocks.

KempA

Jun 27, 2022
Germany
Would that stuff on the shock just be some grease coming out after assembly? After a hot day there is often a little bit of something around various connecting parts of new shocks.

I don't think so, it doesn't look like grease. It looks like a really small amount of oil around the valve. But to be honest, I'm more worried about the weld seams. I hope someone here with an alloy frame can tell me if it looks the same on theirs.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
For the seat stay to crack on its upper surface rather than below is strange. The force on the seat stay as the rear triangle moves upward and slightly forward under shock compression is such that if there was a weakness it would break at the lower surface. Similarly braking forces would act to compress the top of the seat stay and stretch the lower surface. So what force would cause it to crack on its upper surface??
The calliper adapter weld looks fine. It does serve as a reinforcing point at the lower end of the seat stay however which is why the crack happened just a bove it..........but what force caused the arm to fail in that direction??

eugebike

Nov 4, 2022
Italia,MN
That's what I asked myself ... by the way I don't go on a bike park and I've never jumped !!! It's a very strange break from my use of it ...

eugebike

Nov 4, 2022
Italia,MN
Looks like it failed where the brake mount is welded on, not good. Can you get a new seat stay from orbea?

How old is the bike? How many miles?
the bike is 2 years and 6 months and 3500 miles ... so from Orbea they told me that it is out of the legal guarantee of the retailer, so I have to pay for the disassembly and reassembly labor ... for the part to be replaced I still have no news ....

eugebike

Nov 4, 2022
Italia,MN
I wrote specifically on this chat just to understand if someone has already had a similar breakup because it is very strange to me and to share what solution Orbea has taken in similar cases, provided that there have already been some ...

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
I wrote specifically on this chat just to understand if someone has already had a similar breakup because it is very strange to me and to share what solution Orbea has taken in similar cases, provided that there have already been some ...
a friend of mine had the exact same damage to his bike.

orbea claimed that the damage was not a manufacturing defect, so he had to buy a new rear triangle for full price and install it himself

IMG_4299.jpg

eugebike

Nov 4, 2022
Italia,MN
a friend of mine had the exact same damage to his bike.

orbea claimed that the damage was not a manufacturing defect, so he had to buy a new rear triangle for full price and install it himself

View attachment 100870
The break is not exactly the same, mine cracked on the upper face of the arm as if there was a force that pushed it upwards (I did not take any branches or anything else), while there you can see that it gave way down ... They seem to me two completely different situations.

Mine looks like a structural failure not attributable to stress or whatever ...

eugebike

Nov 4, 2022
Italia,MN
I have seen the frame break in exactly the same place , on my own bike and with standard 203mm rotor
It was still in the 2yr warranty so it was replaced
After that the chainstay cracked by the cable outlet frame end also replaced.
Then there is the seat tubes going it just screams crap metal i lost complete faith in the bike so much so it sits in the shed barley used and then only for commuting only
It has to be the worst bike frame i have ever owned which is a shame as it rides quite well.
So if I understand correctly they have replaced the complete rear stay 2 times! If so it is very serious, it means that in addition to using an unsuitable material of poor quality there is also a design error of the wagon with completely wrong sections.:mad::mad:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles