Orbea Wild FS models?

Chrisk7

Oct 15, 2021
Oregon USA
So I'm kinda stuck deciding which model Wild FS I should go with between the M10 for $7999 or the M20 for $6899.
As far as I can tell they're specked out pretty closely with the differences being the cheaper M20 has an alloy rear frame with carbon main frame,
Purion controller vs Kiox,
Fox DPS shock vs DPS2,
OC1 3D Forged 35mm interface 7º stem vs Race Face Aeffect R 35mm interface stem.
Is it really worth the extra $1100 to upgrade for these items?
I am not an experienced biker, in fact this would be my first EMTB and also my first bike with any suspension at all.
I'm 54, 6' tall, and around 198 lbs and would mainly be using it for casual trail riding and maybe a little more aggressive down hill stuff but no big air or thing like that.
I am also interested in knowing the weight of these two options. The only thing I could find was one quote of around 52 lbs for the all carbon frame I think.
Anyone know the weight differences between the all carbon and alloy models?
Would you choose an alloy better specked model over a lower specked carbon model?
Sorry for all the probably silly questions, I'm just learning about these EMTB's and would like to make the best decision the first time.
What are you're guy's thoughts and insights?

MartinD.

Apr 4, 2021
Halifax, UK
Don’t overlook the H models. The H10 is better specced than even the M10 and costs about the same as the M20. The weight penalty is offset (IMHO) by using a longer-lasting all-alloy frame. I mulled over the same thing before I got mine.

Chrisk7

Oct 15, 2021
Oregon USA
I would have purchased the H10 if I could have found one. The only ones I found were the M 10 and a 20. I ended up getting the M20.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
There are enough reports of the alloy rear stays breaking on the Wild that I'd suggest sticking to full carbon.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles