Orbea Rise m10, Display sm-em800 upgrade expirience

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
Hello all,

just if someone will upgrade this display to rise, inside frame is cable sd300 long enough if u move away adapter from sd300 to sd50, u can extend cable to display to handelbar, so no need to buy extra sd300 cable from motor to display, then u need switch and at least 450mm sd300 cable from switch em800-L to display.
Most difficult part of all work is, geting cable through small hole if seatpost cable is instaled.
Investment into display is...nonsense if u own garmin device. App for me functions perfectly so i throw away cca 280eu for display, switch and cables?

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
I’m running this setup with a Garmin watch
7D2D6C67-501E-4919-A0E4-E72365AC75B9.jpeg
8996C4B8-941D-4072-B2F5-48B4824E8833.jpeg

Bike&Beer

Jan 2, 2021
Surrey
Looks tidy! I’ve done something similar with velcro cable ties. Just need to make sure you leave enough slack in the wire for turning (sounds obvious but I nearly yanked the wires out ?)

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Hello all,

just if someone will upgrade this display to rise, inside frame is cable sd300 long enough if u move away adapter from sd300 to sd50, u can extend cable to display to handelbar, so no need to buy extra sd300 cable from motor to display, then u need switch and at least 450mm sd300 cable from switch em800-L to display.
Most difficult part of all work is, geting cable through small hole if seatpost cable is instaled.
Investment into display is...nonsense if u own garmin device. App for me functions perfectly so i throw away cca 280eu for display, switch and cables?

Can you post pics of how you extended the SD300 cable/removed the adapter?

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
I am very interested in this too... do you just remove a cable from the indicator box (EW-EN100) and pull the SD300-I out a little and connect it directly to the EW-EN1000?

Last edited:

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA

I read somewhere (I thought it was here but I guess not!) that you need to remove the fork, or at least that removing the fork will give you better access. This of course assumes you *do not* remove the dropper cable. If you remove the dropper cable I imagine you can just pull the EW-AD305 adapter right through the port, it's not very big.

I am very interested in this too... do you just remove a cable from the indicator box (EW-EN100) and pull the SD300-I out a little and connect it directly to the EW-EN1000?

That isn't the point of this post. No you cannot connect an SD300 cable to a EW-EN100 controller. The EW-EN100 has SD50 connections, not SD300. That's why there's a converter in the head tube.

The point of this post is you can add a SD300-based controller to the existing SD300 cable that's already in the bike. For example you could add the SC-EM800 computer to replace the EW-EN100. If you're going to use SD50-based hardware, there's no point to doing this.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
I read somewhere (I thought it was here but I guess not!) that you need to remove the fork, or at least that removing the fork will give you better access. This of course assumes you *do not* remove the dropper cable. If you remove the dropper cable I imagine you can just pull the EW-AD305 adapter right through the port, it's not very big.

That isn't the point of this post. No you cannot connect an SD300 cable to a EW-EN100 controller. The EW-EN100 has SD50 connections, not SD300. That's why there's a converter in the head tube.

The point of this post is you can add a SD300-based controller to the existing SD300 cable that's already in the bike. For example you could add the SC-EM800 computer to replace the EW-EN100. If you're going to use SD50-based hardware, there's no point to doing this.
I want to relocate the EW-EN100 to the front of the handle bars removing it from the dropper post cable to make it cleaner and easier to see like the first pictures in this thread. I have to keep flipping it back up to see the led lights the way it is now.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
I want to relocate the EW-EN100 to the front of the handle bars removing it from the brake cable to make it cleaner and easier to see like the first pictures in this thread. I have to keep flipping it back up to see the led lights the way it is now.

The pictures in the second post are not from OP. They're totally unrelated to the original post. You can just move your EW-EN100 to the bars, you don't need to do anything special.

E&NonEinCO

Aug 4, 2021
Colorado
This is how to install a display on a Rise that came from the factory with the EN-100 box with the LEDs.

Refer to the Orbea Blue Paper pages 56 and 57 for the wiring illustrations - these will make the instructions more clear.
https://www.orbea.com/downloads/products/RISE_2021_BLUEPAPER_EN-ES-FR-DE-ITa.pdf

Overview: All of the existing external controls and connections use the larger SD50 wire. The internal wiring from the motor uses the smaller SD300 wire. The display only accepts SD300 wires.

Additional parts needed:
- Display: SC-EM800
- Wire: SD300, 150mm length

Procedure:
-Remove the fork. This will give access to the AD305 connector that connects the SD300 wire from the motor to the SD50 wire that exits the head tube. Remove and save the connector for later use. Pull the SD300 wire thru the headtube. This wire is long enough to reach the display. You may need a firm but gentle pull. If the wire is hung up and not coming out, you'll have to drop the motor and maybe the battery too. Connect this wire to the display.
-Connect one end of the AD305 connector to the end of the EM700 controller wire (SD50) and the other end to the 150mm SD300 wire.
-Connect the other end of the 150mm wire to the display.

Plug and play!

flashadams

Jan 1, 2022
Bella Vista, AR
This is how to install a display on a Rise that came from the factory with the EN-100 box with the LEDs.

Refer to the Orbea Blue Paper pages 56 and 57 for the wiring illustrations - these will make the instructions more clear.
https://www.orbea.com/downloads/products/RISE_2021_BLUEPAPER_EN-ES-FR-DE-ITa.pdf

Overview: All of the existing external controls and connections use the larger SD50 wire. The internal wiring from the motor uses the smaller SD300 wire. The display only accepts SD300 wires.

Additional parts needed:
- Display: SC-EM800
- Wire: SD300, 150mm length

Procedure:
-Remove the fork. This will give access to the AD305 connector that connects the SD300 wire from the motor to the SD50 wire that exits the head tube. Remove and save the connector for later use. Pull the SD300 wire thru the headtube. This wire is long enough to reach the display. You may need a firm but gentle pull. If the wire is hung up and not coming out, you'll have to drop the motor and maybe the battery too. Connect this wire to the display.
-Connect one end of the AD305 connector to the end of the EM700 controller wire (SD50) and the other end to the 150mm SD300 wire.
-Connect the other end of the 150mm wire to the display.

Plug and play!
I just wanted to say after digging around online this is EXACTLY what I was looking for to do this switch. Thank you!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles