Orbea Rise M10 and Ride Wrap protection

Bhutanbob

May 1, 2022
Tasmania
Has anyone installed a bike protection product for an Orbea Rise with a carbon frame. I have Ride Wrap. The instructions say to remove any removable stickers and any existing protection installed by the manufacturer. Has anyone removed the protection layer located on the downtube near the motor or have they trimmed the new protection layer piece for the downtube around it?
20220502_172428_HDR[1].jpg

Scford

Feb 10, 2021
Santa Cruz
Wrapped mine a week or so ago, I removed that piece. Like kamill said it’s basically the same thing you’re putting back on. If you want extra protection there put something like ams frame guards overtop the ridewrap.

MikeL_mtb

Feb 15, 2022
New York
I wrapped over it on mine because I already had the rockguards.uk cover and I knew you wouldn't see it anyway. I had the hardest time getting bubbles out of the clear ridewrap on this bike, I've used matte on other bikes which seemed to not trap as much air, not sure why.

Kamill

Apr 20, 2022
Massachusetts
The trick to minimal bubbles is to use a lot of water and push it out with the provided squeegee tool. Any bubbles I noticed the next day I popped with a small needle then used a heat gun to get the wrap to stick. It helps to have really bright lighting when installing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles