Frame Protection Wrap for a Rise?

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Anyone fitted frame protection to their rise?

Specifically, I'm looking at the Ride Wrap kit (Tailored). Has anyone any experience of fitting or general quality? I'll be fitting it myself so any feedback on the fitting process would be good.

Any long term users that can offer experience of the longevity?

Is there anything better?

I'm already dreading fitting it.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Haven't done one on a Rise yet, but I did a tailored Ride Wrap kit on my Wild FS and have been very happy with the fit and finish. Took around 3hrs to take my time and install it.

I would say that the quality of the Ride Wrap kits is excellent.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Fitted Invisiframe to all 3 bikes.Very well made and lasts a long time.Its actually an enjoyable process if not rushed and ensures you bond with the bike 😀

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
I got the shop to fit ride wrap tailored kit. Very good protection and looks great also. Has accumulated a few nicks from rocks etc but overall impressed. I've heard you can get replacement panels and I might look at that down the track. My bike rack pulled off one of the top tube panels and I dodgy put it back on.

I got the shop to do it as if I did it, there was a good chance I couldn't resist riding the bike and getting it dirty. Definitely do it on a brand new bike with no crap on it!

20220806_163842.jpg

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Fitting quite easy but done 3+ frames now, front gloss, rear matt. Never used Ride Wrap (as U.K. based) only other used is Dyed Bro which is nice but thick so need heat gun.
Kits made to fit with instructions just take your time
Is that what you've used? Is it better than than the Ride Wrap?

How was the fitting? Was the kit well made? Did it need any trimming to get it on?

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
I put a ride wrap tailored kit on my wife's coral blue medium rise. I'm pretty happy with the kit, but they use full gloss, so the oem details where the back half of the bike is matte finish, is now gone and the whole thing looks gloss. I'd likely use an invisframe kit if I were to do it over again.

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Thanks everyone.

I went with Invisiframe in the end. Next day delivery and slightly cheaper so win win.

Picked the bike up yesterday afternoon and have been tinkering today with upgrading various things. Also meant to have been finishing a nursery so DIY, bike, DIY, bike, DIY, bike all day.

Still haven't fitted the Invisiframe yet though lol. Hoping to ride tomorrow but still need to bleed the brakes and then fit the frame protection. Might be a long night!

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Aaaand, it's done.

Gave up on the idea of doing it last night as it was getting fairly late by the time I'd fitted and bled the brakes so got onto it first thing this morning. Would have oreffered to be riding it today but defo didn't want to have to clean it to fit the wrap.

Only took a couple of hours. Made a bit of mess of the seat stays but otherwise, it went OK.

I found the top tube and downtube the hardest to get right which surprised me. I thought they have been the easiest but I guess being huge sheets makes it more difficult. (For me, at least.)

I've just been over it again sorting out a few bubbles but overall, it was quite easy. Although, it's far from perfect it'll do the job for a while.

Slightly annoyed at myself for forgetting all about the fork but I'll just order some heli tape for the legs and be done with it.

I noticed that there was already factory applied protection patches on the DS chain stay and bottom of the downtube. I removed the downtube bit before putting the Invisiframe on and also had to peel a couple of stickers from the downtube near the head tube. Otherwise, I though it would probably peel if I stuck over it.

Thanks for the help!

I'm off for a shake down ride now in Preperation for tomorrow.

Mar 11, 2020
Hey guys, this isn’t a tailored kit but more of a universal option that we made in partnership with DYEDBRO and we put them on all our test bikes.
Plus you can get them for 20% off.
I enjoy the thread and seeing what you guys are doing to your bikes!
Drew

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
Is that what you've used? Is it better than than the Ride Wrap?

How was the fitting? Was the kit well made? Did it need any trimming to get it on?
I’ve used Invisiframe on couple bikes (Santa Cruz), I believe their material is Impel which you find as stone protection on car front ends, it’s thicker than what Ride Wrap uses to offer more protection. Fit on latest wrap seems to be a bit more coverage and looks good. PATIENCE is required for application of any of these films but I find it worth it… since my bike and I hit the ground too often.

crencos

May 18, 2021
Portugal
Invisiframe on my Wild FS and Rise. They use Xpel PPF, same as used on cars. Very well trimmed to fit, you can order half matte and half gloss, it comes with spare parts for rear wheel wear zones and cable rub zones.

DaBoogman

Aug 16, 2022
Aptos California
I put a ride wrap tailored kit on my wife's coral blue medium rise. I'm pretty happy with the kit, but they use full gloss, so the oem details where the back half of the bike is matte finish, is now gone and the whole thing looks gloss. I'd likely use an invisframe kit if I were to do it over again.
Do you have a pic you can post? I just got my h30 and intend to use Ride Wrap and am debating on the matte vs gloss.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
I had a nightmare with Invisiframe on my white rise , the top tube just gathers so much fluff that when you have done the top rube it shows it all up . even lint free cloths. never doing white again never ever . ive done a lot of bikes but not white before. room needs to be dust free and cloths needs to be completely dust and lint free . invisiframe were good enough to send me 2 free replacements for top tube. which of course is amazing customer service .

dthree

Aug 8, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
Do you have a pic you can post? I just got my h30 and intend to use Ride Wrap and am debating on the matte vs gloss.
Invisiframe makes a combo kit that for glossy front/matte back Rises.
Also, Ridewrap has a video showing the different finishes of protection on different bikes.

I did the RideWrap tailored kit on my H30 last night. As expected, its quite a job, took over 3 hrs and still ended up with a lot of air bubbles. Of course they are only noticable close up. Can't complain since this is the first time I've done one of these.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles