Orbea Rise Hydro H10 just arrived...

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Just arrived at the Studio.

Bang on 20KG with Fox 36 Factory upgrade in XL, 540Wh battery.

DSC01144-2.jpg

DSC01169-2.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

Last edited:

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
MMM not long had my M20 carbon Rise and loving it. Although not keen on the colour options for the H range and prefer the smooth lines of carbon, those welds are pretty neat and overall, looks a great package to be honest

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
So now with a bigger battery and c 20kg in weight why still stick to a 60nm power output?? It would add no additional weight to up their version of the EP8 to 85nm since it would only be a software change. I dont understand the rationale of this bike. Now if the power output was switchable ( via a phone app) between 60nm and 85nm with range being significantly different between the 2 options..........this bike would be unique.

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Yeah, give us an orbea conform. :rolleyes:

Every other bike has 85nm, too many whatevers and comes in at 25 kg.....why would anyone build a lighter, leaner, lively bike that needs riders to spin cranks a little faster?

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Yeah, give us an orbea conform. :rolleyes:

Every other bike has 85nm, too many whatevers and comes in at 25 kg.....why would anyone build a lighter, leaner, lively bike that needs riders to spin cranks a little faster?
Still light and nimble at 25% heavier compared to its carbon sibling with smaller battery??
Add some more puncture resistant tyres and...........

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
So now with a bigger battery and c 20kg in weight why still stick to a 60nm power output?? It would add no additional weight to up their version of the EP8 to 85nm since it would only be a software change. I dont understand the rationale of this bike. Now if the power output was switchable ( via a phone app) between 60nm and 85nm with range being significantly different between the 2 options..........this bike would be unique.
it's quite easy to do yourself. just use ST unlock and you have 85nm no problems.

btw, those weld looks awesome, almost too pretty to be on a bike in this price range. These bikes will sell out in absolutely no time. It hits all the marks.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
it's quite easy to do yourself. just use ST unlock and you have 85nm no problems.
OK but I do not understand why Orbea could not have have made that a customer option. I am not knocking the bike...actually quite interested...just saying I do not understand the logic compared to the 16kg Orbea. Lets see what Rob identifies.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Still light and nimble at 25% heavier compared to its carbon sibling with smaller battery??
Add some more puncture resistant tyres and...........
Look at it another way, its a 20KG ebike with 150mm / 140mm travel, Fox 36 Fork, with a 540Wh battery, that's 60% more powerful than a Levo SL with a much bigger battery, for £6k.

The Rise is already a massively popular ebike, and no doubt this Aluminium model will sell out, especially as the entry level sits at £4.5k ish.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Look at it another way, its a 20KG ebike with 150mm / 140mm travel, Fox 36 Fork, with a 540Wh battery, that's 60% more powerful than a Levo SL with a much bigger battery, for £6k.

The Rise is already a massively popular ebike, and no doubt this Aluminium model will sell out, especially as the entry level sits at £4.5k ish.
A novel idea for your test on it Rob. You are pretty young and fit...............so also get an OAP to try it out 🥴:LOL:

Kyle_AZ_eMTB

Feb 5, 2021
Arizona

Ordered the only XL I could find. Base spec model but at $5300 USD delivered that's a steal. Was, or am, waiting on my 2022 Cube Stereo Hybrid that's ordered. Maybe this will be an addition rather than a "filler" ebike.

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
Pretty sweet Rob. Nice to have an alloy option in the lineup. I think the price point is very welcomed lately as almost all other manufacturers are north of $8k even for an alloy version these days (spesh Im looking at you). This Alloy frame looks seamless too, man for aluminum that is one nice looking top tube/head tube/down tube/seat tube assembly, usually they are full of welds.

I love carbon but Im always a bit too conscience of damaging a frame on rocks and such. I have more peace of mind with an alloy frame. With that said Im probaby going to still go with carbon rise this spring for weight reasons. Ive been tossing around a 50lb levo for years now and want a switch up.

Last edited:

rokyluk

Oct 11, 2020
Slovenia

btw, those weld looks awesome, almost too pretty to be on a bike in this price range. These bikes will sell out in absolutely no time. It hits all the marks.
Welds are not polished some people think. They put filler over the welds thats the whole story. Some Occam owner sandblasted his bike and was really dissapoonted when he found out that there is actually just filler over the welds..
But yes its looks nice.

NorthernBloke

Sep 17, 2021
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
I think that Orbea have been a bit sneaky changing the battery and extender though.
They have either decided that the original battery was too small or don't want customers retro fitting the new battery to their M versions.
Personally I think they don't want the H to come anywhere near the weight of the M as it will just hit the sales of the carbon bike.
The M will be the superlight weight version for those that can afford it. The H will be heavier but offer more range, a more utility version.
Cheapest makes most sense as the higher priced ones creep into carbon territory. If you can afford £6k for the H10 then pushing to £8k for the Team isn't that much of a push if you are buying it in instalments (as many do currently with 0% offers).
Even the cheapest is still not cheap, lets face it, and for £4.5k there will be a lot of better equipped if heavier bikes out there.

sbfitness

Jun 18, 2021
US

What is ST unlock?

Randy

Apr 23, 2020
Henley on Thames
Finally a bike brand has released a bike without the new boat anchor shimano internal battery. 540wh, range extender option and 20kg is mint… other brands take note!

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
In a few months it will end up an over priced shitty piece to the Great 2023 Unbeatable . . .
I have a ton of fun without the big invoice.

ReVolt

Jun 10, 2019
London
With pedals and proper tyres real world will be 21-21.5kg but still very good. On the 85nm thing it may not be quite so simple, people who have reset the nm to 85 via Emax or Stunlocker feel they’re not getting that full power in the real world and in particular that there’s a power drop when running off the battery extender. Obviously this hasn’t been lab checked but there’s enough anecdotal to suggest that there may be some truth in this...Some are hoping that the 540wh mapping might help. If so the derestricters will fancy the H versions...

May 4, 2018
Canberra
Yes 20kg does not 16kg make

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
With pedals and proper tyres real world will be 21-21.5kg but still very good. On the 85nm thing it may not be quite so simple, people who have reset the nm to 85 via Emax or Stunlocker feel they’re not getting that full power in the real world and in particular that there’s a power drop when running off the battery extender. Obviously this hasn’t been lab checked but there’s enough anecdotal to suggest that there may be some truth in this...Some are hoping that the 540wh mapping might help. If so the derestricters will fancy the H versions...
maybe the RS version of the EP8 is not just different software? Perhaps the actual motor windings are smaller and whilst it is still 250w nominal its max is lower than the 75/85 nm version?

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
What does it weigh with pedals? Does it have the tires you would would use in your normal riding?
Someone posted an H30 Medium at 45lbs with flat pedals, his own fork, stem and bars. When you say normal riding tires. DHR 2 2.4 WT are only 960g. There not far off the stock Dissector weight or the Rekon at around 880g I believe. We’re talking about 1/4 pound heavier if you run both DHR 2 3c Max Terra tires.

May 4, 2018
Canberra
I watched a US vid and they were spruking a cost saving of around 25% for the alloy with the 500 plus battery... so i suggest it will run out the door

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles