Orbea Rise Hydro H10 just arrived...

Funks

Oct 8, 2021
Dublin, CA
Does anybody know what rear shock mounting hardware this uses? Same as the carbon model?

Is it M8x21.84 for the front, and M8x15.75 for the rear? Some people stated the manual is wrong and it's supposed to be

M8x22mm for the front, and M8x16.5mm on the rear?

Underblu

Aug 22, 2021
USA
I love my Orbea Rise M20 and my Heckler MX-S but I have been riding my Rise more. The Rise feels a touch more nimble and “poppy”whereas my Heckler feels a bit more plush. The MX-S is around 45 lbs which is about 5lbs heavier than my Rise M20 and the weight makes a difference.

While I think the tweener category of 45lb bikes is interesting, it should be noted as such. The Heckler on the high end and the new Rise Hydro on the lower end provide some excellent options for those who don’t want a 50lb plus ride but don’t need full lightweight 40lbs or less options.

I must say, the Rise Hydro for an aluminum frame bike looks beautiful. I’m sure it will be a big seller for Orbea

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
I watched a US vid and they were spruking a cost saving of around 25% for the alloy with the 500 plus battery... so i suggest it will run out the door
Considering that the "budget"-spec carbon Rise's are super hard to find, I wouldn't be surprised if they presale the lot of them before they show up on shop floors.

Moots YBB

Dec 18, 2018
Brussels
So now with a bigger battery and c 20kg in weight why still stick to a 60nm power output?? It would add no additional weight to up their version of the EP8 to 85nm since it would only be a software change. I dont understand the rationale of this bike. Now if the power output was switchable ( via a phone app) between 60nm and 85nm with range being significantly different between the 2 options..........this bike would be unique.

it is, if you aren't worried about waranty issues. you can setup, for example, boost at 85nm, trail at 40, eco at 20, on one of the profiles, and keep the other profile for longer rides with the default settings.

i used STunlocker

volts

May 15, 2018
DK
Does anybody know what rear shock mounting hardware this uses? Same as the carbon model?

Is it M8x21.84 for the front, and M8x15.75 for the rear? Some people stated the manual is wrong and it's supposed to be

M8x22mm for the front, and M8x16.5mm on the rear?
I don't know about the alu version, but with the carbon they switched from 15.7 to 16.5 on the rear. I know because offsetbushings.com asked me to measure mine when I ordered some offset bushing to mullet the bike, and just wrote that I had a Orbea Rise.

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
Sad I know but I like the pedal arms. The Shimano ones are a bit poo.

As I've just been looking at the E-13 arms on the website I've just noticed carbon versions... 325.00 € though... ouch lol

Like most, I'm looking forward to the full review on this one.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I too am surprised that they don’t offer this version in a full fat configuration, although I can see what that would do to the sales of the carbon bike.

My eZesty (medium) weighs exactly 20kg but that’s *as ridden* but without water. So I guess that my bike is about 18.5-19kg lighter without extras (oneup tool, spare tube, DD tyres, pedals etc). That makes this bike, in alloy, excellent considering it has 200wH more battery capacity (about the same as if I carried a spare battery), but with more power.

And it looks fantastic.

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles