Orbea Rise H10 Wheel Upgrade

Packagingpro

Dec 24, 2021
Boca Raton, FL
My Rise H10 is now a few week old. I am very happy and love the bike. It came with the factory Raceface Turbine aluminum wheels with Vault 424 Hubs. They seem to be decent with good engagement and lightweight. I am debating if I should put a set of Light Cycle Carbon Wheels with I9 Hydra Hubs from another bike on the Rise. The inner width is 30mm. Not sure if it’s a good move and would make much of a difference. Both hubs are 6 bolt for the rotors. Any input is appreciated.

1FCF2263-FE28-4382-A51B-BF01ECA66CBC.jpeg

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
If you've got the wheels sitting on another bike - I would definately try them out.
Do you have any idea of the weight difference ?

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
Wow that Orange looks way better in your picture than the official product pictures. I thought the orange looked awful in the official pics but it's really nice. I still like the grey and blue best though.

ccollins

Nov 9, 2022
Colorado, USA
Rise H10 here. I am running LightBicycle AM930 Recon Pro rims on DT240exp hubs with Sapim D-Light Spokes. 28H both front and back. There is a speed sensor on the current rear wheel you will need to transfer over. I had to get a new freehub body driver to convert from XD to Microspline. I really liked my LB wheels on my analog bike (pre-injury). On the Rise? Not sure if they make a difference vs the RaceFace. I haven't had any problems with the LB wheels and I have hit a few of the harder trails here in the Front Range of Colorado on them. I don't typically ride the harder stuff though. Never rode the Turbines so no way to compare the two.

LB makes a great product. They have built up a few wheelsets for us and I will go to them for race wheelsets when my younger kids start racing in the Colorado High School league. The oldest girl rode a LB XC race wheelset during her HS racing career but she graduated this year. I gave the RaceFace Turbine/Vault wheels to my 14yr old daughter who needed a wider ID rim as her everyday wheels. Got her Maxxis DHF 2.5/Dissector 2.4 and mounted them up on the Turbines. She rides rougher stuff at her team practices than the rides I typically go on. We will go to LB for a race wheelset when she starts HS racing in the Fall of '23.

Curtis

NCeMTB

Dec 24, 2020
Raleigh NC
Hi there -

H10. Re-used RF vault hubs and laced Sapim spokes with NOBL38 carbon rims. Found OEM RF Turbines a bit flexy. Really like the new set up - a bit lighter and much stiffer. Helps pushing into berms, fins, etc. Looks awesome with anodized brass nipples, matching rim stickers, etc. Great upgrade. Done by Custom Wheelbuilders in Colorado Springs. Killed it. DHF/DHRII, 200mm both ends, Rimpact inserts.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
It was important to get my hydro weight down and carbon wheels helped a lot. Now 43lbs.
RiseWheel.JPG

Gilbo

Nov 16, 2022
Isle of man
If you are in the market for new wheels I can recommend a guy in Uk who has just done a set of wheels for my cube. DT Swiss 511 rims with Bitex hubs. Lights than oem and bullet proof (very rocky where I ride) and the £££ was bargain. Several of my friend have since ordered same set up for there emtb’s.

chalks

Mar 2, 2022
UK
If you are in the market for new wheels I can recommend a guy in Uk who has just done a set of wheels for my cube. DT Swiss 511 rims with Bitex hubs. Lights than oem and bullet proof (very rocky where I ride) and the £££ was bargain. Several of my friend have since ordered same set up for there emtb’s.
Yes please

TtheArab

Jul 7, 2019
Hayabusa!303
thanks. I was wondering about the Trail Wides as the Enduros don't come in centre lock but was worried that they might not be stiff enough. Have yours held up ok?
Not used as yet. Bike is new and not even turned on as I decided to do all the upgrades first. They will be fine on the Rise given it’s low weight and also I am not a big jumps type of guy.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles