Can Orbea Rise (Hydro) be run with 27.5(+) wheels/ tyres.

martinf

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton
Apologise if this has been covered before, but I couldn’t see anything about it. I’m thinking of gettting a Rise H30 and have been used to running 29“ on my 2019 Levo in Summer, and 27.5+ in Winter, and wondered if I would be able to do the same on the Rise. Thanks Martin

faberle

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2021
France Haute Savoie
I can't see why 27.5 wheels would not fit in the frame/fork but if the + means bigger tires i.e. above 2.5, it might not fit in the rear triangle... plus expect more pedal strikes

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Unfortunately, I do not have a 27.5+ setup on the rack anymore to test out. What I can tell you, is that I have run my rise in mullet setup with a 27.5x2.6 DHR2 and a 30iw wheel and it fits without issue.

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Dont forget your assist speed will cut out quicker .
Unless you downgrade to 4.0.2 and use stunlocker or similar to update wheel circumference ;)
Or you can bring the bike to the lbs and they will update the circumference settings

martinf

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton
Unless you downgrade to 4.0.2 and use stunlocker or similar to update wheel circumference ;)
Or you can bring the bike to the lbs and they will update the circumference settings
Great, thanks for that. Stunlocker looks like BLEVO, which I use as a heads up display and run on an old iphone mounted on bars - it hadn’t occurred to me there might be a Rise equivalent.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
it hadn’t occurred to me there might be a Rise equivalent.
It is a Shimano-motored tool, not just Rise.

You can have a low-level version that just allows interrogation of parameters and setting of some parameters but you need the full version to 'unlock' the restrictions.

I use the low-level version to adjust parameters only...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles