My Orbea Rise finally arrived!

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Super happy with the way it came out. Did the LTD with MYO custom colors. Upgraded to Fox Factory 36/150 and a DPX2, and also 4 piston XTR brakes front and rear. I swapped the grips for Ergon GE1's, cut the bars down a bit, but other than that she's ready to ride!

IMG_1792.JPG
IMG_1789.JPG

Yzlvr

Jun 23, 2019
USA
So what are your thoughts? Can you compare the riding to your previous ebike if you had one?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
So what are your thoughts? Can you compare the riding to your previous ebike if you had one?

Very different from my Pivot Shuttle. Overall power is obviously down a bit, but power delivery is waaaay smoother and more natural. I thought the Shuttle was well balanced for an eMTB, but the Rise is even better. Very predictable handling in the air and when railing turns. Noticeably less understeed than my Shuttle. And about 10 pounds lighter. I've also noticed that despite the smaller battery, I finish rides with about the same amount of battery left (as a percentage) as I did with my Shuttle.

I'm super happy with it overall thus far. Had a minor issue with the crank arm not properly installed from the factory, but I fixed that.

Lawsoc

Apr 27, 2021
U.K
Super happy with the way it came out. Did the LTD with MYO custom colors. Upgraded to Fox Factory 36/150 and a DPX2, and also 4 piston XTR brakes front and rear. I swapped the grips for Ergon GE1's, cut the bars down a bit, but other than that she's ready to ride!

View attachment 54732 View attachment 54733

View attachment 54732 View attachment 54733
Rick what does she weight as this would be the same build as I could be going for thanks Claire

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Very different from my Pivot Shuttle. Overall power is obviously down a bit, but power delivery is waaaay smoother and more natural. I thought the Shuttle was well balanced for an eMTB, but the Rise is even better. Very predictable handling in the air and when railing turns. Noticeably less understeed than my Shuttle. And about 10 pounds lighter. I've also noticed that despite the smaller battery, I finish rides with about the same amount of battery left (as a percentage) as I did with my Shuttle.

I'm super happy with it overall thus far. Had a minor issue with the crank arm not properly installed from the factory, but I fixed that.
Sounds like it was a good exchange

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
Good colour choice - I probably would have gone for that if MyO hadn't looked like it was going to add 6 months or more to delivery...

Lawsoc

Apr 27, 2021
U.K
39.3 lbs with pedals.
Cool I had calculated 17.8kgs as I googled the weight differences on the forks, shock, tyres and brakes.oh actually if I went this route would be a bit heavier as I would choose the Next R31 not the SL wheels

Last edited:

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I cant help but think these new light weight low power bikes would be ideal for me, i rode my 11.8 mile boring training route yesterday around the park with some decent climbs with the bike motor off all the way. I mainly ride in eco and only use tour mode ( bosch) for long boring climbs.

I've only had my currant full power bike for 4 months so I cant afford to outlay on one of these but I cant help but think with hindsight it would be my ideal bike .

For now I will persist with peddling a 24kg bike in off or eco although i may do some man maths and convince myself its a must have :unsure:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles