Finally got to ride my Rise

Andyzim

Apr 21, 2021
Uk
It arrived on Tuesday and I made some changes and invisiframe'd it before taking it out for a shakedown today. It's a medium M20 and my first ebike. I'm blown away, it rides so nicely, down the singletrack it's almost as agile and playful as my regular bike, a 14kg 26" small frame commencal. It's true you just can't feel the extra weight. Can't wait to get back out tomorrow for a proper test.

PXL_20210529_130921664.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210529_130727363.PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20210529_151341_282.jpg

PXL_20210529_130931855.PORTRAIT.jpg

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
Totally agree, It feels almost exactly like my Kona Process and jumps amazing! It has really increased my exercise and fun!

Ducman71

Apr 8, 2021
Orange County, CA
Hey @BobR been meaning to ask you...you are on the same size Rise as your Kona Process, right? How does the fit compare between the two for you? My old Process 153 27.5" is a size M, and I've got a size M Rise on order. Both stack and reach are a bit larger on the Rise in M than the Kona in the same size.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
Hey @BobR been meaning to ask you...you are on the same size Rise as your Kona Process, right? How does the fit compare between the two for you? My old Process 153 27.5" is a size M, and I've got a size M Rise on order. Both stack and reach are a bit larger on the Rise in M than the Kona in the same size.
The Rise in general is slightly bigger but because the seat tube angle is so much more forward than the Kona it makes it easier to ride, being more forward allows me to feel more in control on the tech stuff, ability to balance, where as on the Kona being back more is more down hill focused.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
The Rise in general is slightly bigger but because the seat tube angle is so much more forward than the Kona it makes it easier to ride, being more forward allows me to feel more in control on the tech stuff, ability to balance, where as on the Kona being back more is more down hill focused.
My wife has a Canyon Lux 8.0 small and they run big and she really likes the medium Rise and hated the medium Kona because of the seat tube angle.

Funkyoid

Jul 19, 2019
Dumfries and Galloway
It arrived on Tuesday and I made some changes and invisiframe'd it before taking it out for a shakedown today. It's a medium M20 and my first ebike. I'm blown away, it rides so nicely, down the singletrack it's almost as agile and playful as my regular bike, a 14kg 26" small frame commencal. It's true you just can't feel the extra weight. Can't wait to get back out tomorrow for a proper test.

View attachment 62806
View attachment 62809
View attachment 62808
View attachment 62810
What handlebars have you got on there?

Andyzim

Apr 21, 2021
Uk
I've been out on it a few more times now. It's been interesting to compare against my friend's ff Levo on the climbs. Downhill it's filled me with confidence to hit some small drops, jumps and gaps straight away. Fox 36 to be fitted this weekend hopefully.

I took it out for a quick evening ride and was able to cover as much distance on what should have been a small after dinner jaunt as I would have done on a proper weekend morning ride. Opening up the possibility of midweek views like this is just amazing for me. Stuck it mostly in boost and got 18km with over 500m of climbing and came home with just under 50% battery still left. I'm a fairly light 63kg or there abouts which helps.

PXL_20210601_183126314.jpg

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I've been out on it a few more times now. It's been interesting to compare against my friend's ff Levo on the climbs. Downhill it's filled me with confidence to hit some small drops, jumps and gaps straight away. Fox 36 to be fitted this weekend hopefully.

I took it out for a quick evening ride and was able to cover as much distance on what should have been a small after dinner jaunt as I would have done on a proper weekend morning ride. Opening up the possibility of midweek views like this is just amazing for me. Stuck it mostly in boost and got 18km with over 500m of climbing and came home with just under 50% battery still left. I'm a fairly light 63kg or there abouts which helps.

View attachment 63173
I'd be interested to see how the 34 and 36's compare. I wanted a M20 with upgrades including the 36 fork but it greatly compromised the October delivery date so went stock.

Andyzim

Apr 21, 2021
Uk
The 36 is on now, only been for a quick blast but it definitely feels different. The small bump compliance is much better and over chattery root sections it gives the feeling of much more grip on the front.

PXL_20210605_101407176.jpg

DarrenCC

Apr 3, 2021
Hertfordshire
What handlebar display do you have? Did you have it upgraded before buying or retrofit it yourself? I miss not being able to see my battery level like on my previous Levo SL and might consider a bar display if it’s possible to DIY

Andyzim

Apr 21, 2021
Uk
What handlebar display do you have? Did you have it upgraded before buying or retrofit it yourself? I miss not being able to see my battery level like on my previous Levo SL and might consider a bar display if it’s possible to DIY

I fitted it, it's a steps sc-e7000 display. I needed an extra length of the sd50 cable and a female to female junction (Shimano EW-JC200) to extend it, this is for the length between the switch and the display otherwise it won't reach.

Schnipps

May 12, 2021
Newcastle
Bolt is slightly too wide by about 1mm, thread is fine it’s the outer bit. It also uses a massive Allen key I don’t have, maybe the blue one is different to other Colours

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles